Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Cheapest way to build a Mustang killer?!?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 12:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by unit213
I guess it depends on the particular Mustang you run across. I consider my car fairly common.
by common, i mean basic gt's,
fox bodies and sn95s on the street are usually very quick hustlers or bolt ons dd. 600rw 03-04 cobras and machs are not as common as bolt on gts on a daily.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To say a terminator is 'just another mustang' is kinda lame since you know its so damn well removed from the run-o-the-mill cars. By those words, so is any Shebly car, Saleen, Roush etc. Granted some of those CAN be basic cars; but all 03-04s are blown 4vs.....so yea.

v6 and GT cars are common as the day and yes, a stock LS1 is going to get all the stock ones to date and most of the light bolton cars. ANYTHING special despite how fast or slow others they are (ie. bullit/shelby gt/cs vs. say a mach1) shouldnt be grouped accordingly period.

That's not to say a terminator is a ferrari but they are damn cool and coveted within alot of groups. If it wasn't the best you wouldnt own one.

It's like saying a z06 or zr1 is just another corvette.....doesnt work that way.

OP- Stopsigns' advise is the best. Learn the car and attend as many HPDE events as you can such as drag, autox, etc...

Find what you enjoy the most, and start to set the car up accordingly suspension and chassis wise, then add power. It will be the most rewarding and then you can use every ounce of power properly.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RSbeast
To say a terminator is 'just another mustang' is kinda lame since you know its so damn well removed from the run-o-the-mill cars. By those words, so is any Shebly car, Saleen, Roush etc. Granted some of those CAN be basic cars; but all 03-04s are blown 4vs.....so yea.

v6 and GT cars are common as the day and yes, a stock LS1 is going to get all the stock ones to date and most of the light bolton cars. ANYTHING special despite how fast or slow others they are (ie. bullit/shelby gt/cs vs. say a mach1) shouldnt be grouped accordingly period.

That's not to say a terminator is a ferrari but they are damn cool and coveted within alot of groups. If it wasn't the best you wouldnt own one.

It's like saying a z06 or zr1 is just another corvette.....doesnt work that way.

OP- Stopsigns' advise is the best. Learn the car and attend as many HPDE events as you can such as drag, autox, etc...

Find what you enjoy the most, and start to set the car up accordingly suspension and chassis wise, then add power. It will be the most rewarding and then you can use every ounce of power properly.
I see C6 Z06's and GT500's every day in the summer...and many of them are modified. They're common in my eyes.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:52 PM
On The Tree

Get glasses.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

BTW not only could my advice save your life but it could also make you faster than any mod out there. You can throw all the parts at it you want but if you don't know the car then it is all wasted. Learn how to drive the car and you will be greatly rewarded.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by unit213
I see C6 Z06's and GT500's every day in the summer...and many of them are modified. They're common in my eyes.
Not everyone is so blessed man. your area kind of spoils you in that regard.
Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
BTW not only could my advice save your life but it could also make you faster than any mod out there. You can throw all the parts at it you want but if you don't know the car then it is all wasted. Learn how to drive the car and you will be greatly rewarded.
+73000

Be a better driver, not a bragger of dyno slips.

Quick Reply: Cheapest way to build a Mustang killer?!?