Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

My SS VS Couzins EVO 8, Who wins?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 10:23 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My SS VS Couzins EVO 8, Who wins?

Hi

My couzin wants to race, he has EVO8 moded

running at 21PSI, HKS CAMS, Headers to exhaust system, HKS pullies, twin plate clutch, shifter, KHS air intake ...etc etc

My CAMARO SS

97 Corvette LS1 MOTOR, K&N CAI, HOOSIER DRAG RADIAL'S, Flowmaster muffler

Im thinking to cam+tune (also overhauling at once) my car so to be fair race at least!

Or put LS6 intake , ported TB, SLP MAF to gain some HP ?!

This what he said

c my victums are the following:

VW sirocco, Mustang GT from 80, Camaro 310 from 80, 2010 luminia SS from 40,Jeep SRT8 from 40

to be honest with u .......my car is not that powerfull because of ritch fuel and stock ECU+turbo.......But if I race with ur car from 0 then I will be infront till 240+

maybe even when I hit and limit, but if I race from 20 or 30 then 200 then U say bye bye to me
Attached Thumbnails My SS VS Couzins EVO 8, Who wins?-25538_408105903133_711043133_5068922_7566920_n.jpg   My SS VS Couzins EVO 8, Who wins?-000c0540eji.jpg  

Last edited by Camaro ss 2001; 04-17-2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:49 AM
11 Second Club

His car sounds like it has a lot done, I'm not sure what all that equates to powerwise but sounds like a good race and if he launches hard you'll be playing catchup out of the dig for sure even with your hoosiers i'd think
Old 04-17-2010, 11:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Your gonna lose
Old 04-17-2010, 01:08 PM
10 Second Club

Good luck, your gonna need it!
Old 04-17-2010, 01:36 PM
TECH Resident

Gonna put my money on the mitsubishi. Let us know how it goes.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:30 PM
Teching In

Get a tune, line it up, make a video. My cousins evo with down pipe and exhaust barely pulled on a M6 LT1 with hollowed cat. An A4 LS1 with lid, magnaflow exhaust and mail order tune on radials ripped the evo from a dig and a roll.

Last edited by 1slow94z28; 04-17-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:56 PM
11 Second Club

my money is on the evo he has cams and boost on his side. the amount of cars he wins by will depend on which cams
Old 04-17-2010, 06:04 PM
TECH Addict

Evo's run 19psi stock so it's not that big a bump from the boost. Most times they will run the 264 for the street and the 272 for the track, as those are the most popular cams from HKS. On stock boost the difference between the 2 cams is ~5hp, the 264's only add like 15whp in the first place. Not to underestimate the Evo but i know quite a few people with them, and am familiar with what they do on the streets.

I have run a I/E/raised boost (pump gas) Evo and edged him out by a car from a 10mph roll in my stock A4.

Toss in NGK TR6 plugs and a 125 shot. If you can hook decent and spray in 2nd say bye-bye Evo At the very least toss in a 224R and get it tuned, then you will have a more "even" race with no N2O.

Skip the TB and Maf, they wont add much. Shouldn't your 2001 HAVE a LS6 intake stock?

Last edited by djsanchez2; 04-17-2010 at 06:25 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:31 AM
TECH Regular

He's most likely making more power than you. I'd bet he's making north of 350 to all four wheels. Without mods on your end, I see you getting pulled from any speed.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NW Iowa WS6
His car sounds like it has a lot done, I'm not sure what all that equates to powerwise but sounds like a good race and if he launches hard you'll be playing catchup out of the dig for sure even with your hoosiers i'd think

UMMM i raced a lot of stock mod EVO'S and i beat them even from the dig start! I dont know what happens in this 1 though

thanx man

Originally Posted by ReApEr75
Your gonna lose
DAMN

Originally Posted by Newskool Mach
Good luck, your gonna need it!
Thanx, need what?

Originally Posted by 06 6.0 GTO
Gonna put my money on the mitsubishi. Let us know how it goes.
OK man , I will

Originally Posted by 1slow94z28
Get a tune, line it up, make a video. My cousins evo with down pipe and exhaust barely pulled on a M6 LT1 with hollowed cat. An A4 LS1 with lid, magnaflow exhaust and mail order tune on radials ripped the evo from a dig and a roll.
Believe or not we dont have even single dyno in our country loooool, we use hypertach or diablo to tune or do mail order tune from USA!

Originally Posted by millersta
my money is on the evo he has cams and boost on his side. the amount of cars he wins by will depend on which cams
Aha I C, lets wait and c

Originally Posted by djsanchez2
Evo's run 19psi stock so it's not that big a bump from the boost. Most times they will run the 264 for the street and the 272 for the track, as those are the most popular cams from HKS. On stock boost the difference between the 2 cams is ~5hp, the 264's only add like 15whp in the first place. Not to underestimate the Evo but i know quite a few people with them, and am familiar with what they do on the streets.

I have run a I/E/raised boost (pump gas) Evo and edged him out by a car from a 10mph roll in my stock A4.

Toss in NGK TR6 plugs and a 125 shot. If you can hook decent and spray in 2nd say bye-bye Evo At the very least toss in a 224R and get it tuned, then you will have a more "even" race with no N2O.

Skip the TB and Maf, they wont add much. Shouldn't your 2001 HAVE a LS6 intake stock?
Thanx 4 the comment, my engine is replaced by the previous owner to 97 ls1 corvette motor so it doesnt have LS6 Intake in it!

I dont have the budge to put NOS but CAM is good thing with the tune!

Thanx agian, and give me the link for that CAM so to c it price and shipping

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
He's most likely making more power than you. I'd bet he's making north of 350 to all four wheels. Without mods on your end, I see you getting pulled from any speed.
Aha, I will try to cam and tune my car at least so 2 b fair in the race and in right place

Thanx
Old 04-18-2010, 12:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He's probably close to 400whp with those mods, my money is on the EVO.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:30 PM
Teching In

Im and i have to disagree. He is making 300AWHP maybe at 21PSI. Evo's need lots of boost to make power. He sounds like a total gomer pile with his mod list, I bet he doesn't have a fuel pump pr bigger injectors but yet has cams. He probably also isn't recirculating his BOV so it will be louder and causing his car to run "ritch".
Old 04-18-2010, 05:05 PM
TECH Addict

^^ I'm with AWD Launch on this one. Alot of owners are NooB's that buy the parts they see in mags or see on youtube commercials, etc. If he knew how to properly set-up his car and make it fast, the list would be shorter to be honest with less "Name Brand" parts if you will. You can go just as fast with the cheaper custom/non-high end stuff set-up properly.

Thunder Racing makes quite a few decent sized cams. If you are in a state with little to no Smog **** BS, you can jump up to a larger cam and make even more power. I only suggested the 224 because it is a really good all-rounder type cam.

http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...&vid=3&pcid=51
Old 04-19-2010, 09:35 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 'Trust'
He's probably close to 400whp with those mods, my money is on the EVO.
we cant tell, thanx

Originally Posted by AWD_Launch
Im and i have to disagree. He is making 300AWHP maybe at 21PSI. Evo's need lots of boost to make power. He sounds like a total gomer pile with his mod list, I bet he doesn't have a fuel pump pr bigger injectors but yet has cams. He probably also isn't recirculating his BOV so it will be louder and causing his car to run "ritch".
Aha, so that advantge 2 me, i have to utloze it, thanx 4 making things clear

^^ I'm with AWD Launch on this one. Alot of owners are NooB's that buy the parts they see in mags or see on youtube commercials, etc. If he knew how to properly set-up his car and make it fast, the list would be shorter to be honest with less "Name Brand" parts if you will. You can go just as fast with the cheaper custom/non-high end stuff set-up properly.

Thunder Racing makes quite a few decent sized cams. If you are in a state with little to no Smog **** BS, you can jump up to a larger cam and make even more power. I only suggested the 224 because it is a really good all-rounder type cam.

Thanx 4 the link and advice, packing cam for stock motor it takes time to calculation maybe lool

thanx man
Old 04-23-2010, 09:26 AM
Teching In

Hopefully this isn't too old of a thread to respond to.

It is very common for Evo owners overseas to buy the "name brand" parts. Over in the States though, the "name brand" parts can be had for extremely cheap used because they just don't perform as well as some of the current stuff out now. HKS cams go for $250-$300 for a set now (obviously used), and drop right in without any valvetrain modifications.

A boosted 4 cylinder is highly dependent on the driver and setup. I had a similar setup to the OP's cousin (only I had stock exhaust manifold, o2 housing, and intake) and was cutting low 12's at 111-112mph range on the same boost level & pump gas.

If the said Evo owner is untuned, I'd give the race to the f-body 100%. If he can't drive, f-body will pull out the win (even from a dig).

Originally Posted by AWD Launch
Bigger injectors aren't needed at this power level. A fuel pump is cheap insurance though.

Quick Reply: My SS VS Couzins EVO 8, Who wins?