Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Camaro Z28 VS 2000 Roush S/C Mustang????

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 04:23 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NBM.Z28™
Roush Stage 1 --- shitty 4.6 2v GT with a body kit

Roush Stage 2 --- shitty 4.6 2v GT with a body kit & a few bolt ons

Roush Stage 3 --- shitty 4.6 2v GT with a body kit, a few bolt ons, & a tiny Eaton blower

Again, nothing impressive.
The Roush's are a joke! Overpriced and overhyped! I have beaten quite a few of the supercharged versions.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Roush Stage 3 --- shitty 4.6 2v GT with a body kit, a few bolt ons, & a tiny Eaton blower

Don't forget the suspension that pulls 1.2G's.

SO, if you knew this, HTF can you honestly say that it's not possible for a roush stg3 to get 360rwhp. Are you that stupid? 360rwhp is nothing more than a pulley, bolt ons and tune away on the stg 3s/360r's.
Originally Posted by 02 wife
The Roush's are a joke! Overpriced and overhyped! I have beaten quite a few of the supercharged versions.
In a straight line I agree...especially stock.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Don't forget the suspension that pulls 1.2G's.

SO, if you knew this, HTF can you honestly say that it's not possible for a roush stg3 to get 360rwhp. Are you that stupid? 360rwhp is nothing more than a pulley, bolt ons and tune away on the stg 3s/360r's.

In a straight line I agree...especially stock.
It will be interesting to see what Roush and Steeda, do with the new 5.0, once they get the speed parts developed. Those cars will be very fast.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:45 PM
Banned

360rwhp is nothing more than a pulley, bolt ons and tune away on the stg 3s/360r's.
So a $40k+ 2valve Mustang only needs a pulley, bolt ons, & a tune to reach 360 rwhp?
Old 05-11-2010, 04:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 02 wife
It will be interesting to see what Roush and Steeda, do with the new 5.0, once they get the speed parts developed. Those cars will be very fast.
I agree; it will be interesting I think.

So a $40k+ 2valve Mustang only needs a pulley, bolt ons, & a tune to reach 360 rwhp?
ok brainiac...try to pay attention.

A) that's not what this convers. is about. You called BS on a mustang (or a blown roush in particular) putting down 360rwhp. i asked how it's impossible and you have yet to prove otherwise to back up your lame *** comment. Simply put, you are wrong in that comment/mentality and refuse to admit it. Fact is 360 rwhp in a modded stg3/360r is not only doable, but common.

B) the price tag has nothing to do with anything here, but since you insist to use it to help you sleep better at night; try TRY to remember that roushs (although slow in 1320' in facotry trim) are built for road racing in mind AND will have a much higher resale value than you realize or would even guess.

Comprende douche?
Old 05-11-2010, 05:45 PM
Banned

I agree; it will be interesting I think.

ok brainiac...try to pay attention.

A) that's not what this convers. is about. You called BS on a mustang (or a blown roush in particular) putting down 360rwhp. i asked how it's impossible and you have yet to prove otherwise to back up your lame *** comment. Simply put, you are wrong in that comment/mentality and refuse to admit it. Fact is 360 rwhp in a modded stg3/360r is not only doable, but common.

B) the price tag has nothing to do with anything here, but since you insist to use it to help you sleep better at night; try TRY to remember that roushs (although slow in 1320' in facotry trim) are built for road racing in mind AND will have a much higher resale value than you realize or would even guess.

Comprende douche?

1) I called BS on that particular Mustang, genius. OP said it was just a Mustang GT with a Roush supercharged 4.6, he listed no other mods. When he lists the mods for the Z28 that is where it comes that the Mustang has no other mods, or he would have listed them. Point: a stock 2v 4.6 with an Eaton supercharger will not make anywhere near 360rwhp. How hard is that to comprehend?

2) First of all, Roush Mustangs would get annihilated on a road course against vehicles that were meant for road racing. Besides, how can you say that a Mustang GT with a body kit & ROUSH across the window was "built for road racing"??? Is it because they're slow? No, it's because you don't want to admit the real reason: for Ford to make $$$ off schmucks like yourself. And much higher resale value than what? A Camaro? They should, they cost more. That's like saying a Corvette will have a higher resale value than an Impala, no **** genius.

LS1 > 4.6,

comprehend douche?
Old 05-11-2010, 06:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

1) I called BS on that particular Mustang, genius. OP said it was just a Mustang GT with a Roush supercharged 4.6, he listed no other mods. When he lists the mods for the Z28 that is where it comes that the Mustang has no other mods, or he would have listed them. Point: a stock 2v 4.6 with an Eaton supercharger will not make anywhere near 360rwhp. How hard is that to comprehend?

2) First of all, Roush Mustangs would get annihilated on a road course against vehicles that were meant for road racing. Besides, how can you say that a Mustang GT with a body kit & ROUSH across the window was "built for road racing"??? Is it because they're slow? No, it's because you don't want to admit the real reason: for Ford to make $$$ off schmucks like yourself. And much higher resale value than what? A Camaro? They should, they cost more. That's like saying a Corvette will have a higher resale value than an Impala, no **** genius.

LS1 > 4.6,

comprehend douche?

A) the Op said the car was supposed to have a roush swapped motor that's S/C'd. He said the guy (the person the op is to race) said he believes it has 360rwhp. what part of that is so hard to get? Apparently very hard for you and extremely easy for every other person in this thread. If the car had 360rwhp, it's obviously modded. DUH.

B) thank you for proving your ignorance again. They have alot more than just stickers and a body kit. Hell even the V6 stg1's ahve upgraded suspension. I have already told you they pull 1.0+g's on the slolam. 1.2x IIRC. Don't try to act like that is an everyday car rating. In fact.....what's the C5 C5Z rating?

I do comprehend your brand loyal fanboy-ism. In fact, You probably have a bowtie as your tramp stamp.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

well this looks like a pile of **** thread.....

hello friend

who gives a **** about price? thats a ricer comparison.

LS1 > 4.6,
that is such a generalization. i believe the 4.6s on the terminators made more power stock than an ls1. it came with a blower fromt he factory, deal with it. in this case, id say if the OP doesnt get spray but has DRs, he wins the dig, loses the roll. could be different if the stang can drive.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:29 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by blackfbird98
no way that camaro would only have 325 to the wheels with said mods.
its an auto, so how is that not believable?

I do comprehend your brand loyal fanboy-ism. In fact, You probably have a bowtie as your tramp stamp.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by WSsick
well this looks like a pile of **** thread.....

hello friend

who gives a **** about price? thats a ricer comparison.

that is such a generalization. i believe the 4.6s on the terminators made more power stock than an ls1. it came with a blower fromt he factory, deal with it. in this case, id say if the OP doesnt get spray but has DRs, he wins the dig, loses the roll. could be different if the stang can drive.
its an auto, so how is that not believable?

Old 05-11-2010, 08:05 PM
Launching!

those m90's are kinda small, how hard do you have to spin em' to get 360whp from a 2v 4.6. just wondering , not hatin'
Old 05-11-2010, 08:06 PM
Banned

A) the Op said the car was supposed to have a roush swapped motor that's S/C'd. He said the guy (the person the op is to race) said he believes it has 360rwhp. what part of that is so hard to get? Apparently very hard for you and extremely easy for every other person in this thread. If the car had 360rwhp, it's obviously modded. DUH.

B) thank you for proving your ignorance again. They have alot more than just stickers and a body kit. Hell even the V6 stg1's ahve upgraded suspension. I have already told you they pull 1.0+g's on the slolam. 1.2x IIRC. Don't try to act like that is an everyday car rating. In fact.....what's the C5 C5Z rating?

You truly are an idiotic fanbody if you are trying to compare a 2v 4.6 Mustang GT with a Corvette C5 Z06.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:16 PM
12 Second Club

You truly are an idiotic fanbody if you are trying to compare a 2v 4.6 Mustang GT with a Corvette C5 Z06.
No, it makes sense.

1.2x > whatever the c5z was.

I believe the ZR1 is like 1.10 IIRC.

Don't be such a blindly loyal idiotic fanboiii.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:19 PM
Banned

No, it makes sense.

1.2x > whatever the c5z was.

I believe the ZR1 is like 1.10 IIRC.

Don't be such a blindly loyal idiotic fanboiii.
you are an idiot as well then.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:22 PM
Launching!

B) thank you for proving your ignorance again. They have a lot more than just stickers and a body kit. Hell even the V6 stg1's have upgraded suspension. I have already told you they pull 1.0+g's on the slalom. 1.2x IIRC. Don't try to act like that is an everyday car rating. In fact.....what's the C5 C5Z rating
well i know this was probably rhetorical but i think the c5z's pull just a little over a g in lateral accel. something like 1.05
Old 05-11-2010, 08:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok. He is not getting the car anymore....but... The GT had a 03 cobra body kit (which is gay, i hate cobra clones), a S/C roush motor & i'm 99% sure it had supporting bolt ons. I did a little research on a 01 Roush Stage 3 motor (S/C) & they came stock with 360hp & 375ft/lb's, I am not choosing sides here, I am simply stating the facts... Any car with the Motor Listed above will easily be around 360rwhp with Bolt ons, Pulley, & a tune. 360baseline hp with drive train loss is around 315-320rwhp (I think, I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT DRIVETRAIN LOSS) so 360rwhp is very reasonable for that motor. Just saying.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SpeedFreak123
Ok. He is not getting the car anymore....but... The GT had a 03 cobra body kit (which is gay, i hate cobra clones), a S/C roush motor & i'm 99% sure it had supporting bolt ons. I did a little research on a 01 Roush Stage 3 motor (S/C) & they came stock with 360hp & 375ft/lb's, I am not choosing sides here, I am simply stating the facts... Any car with the Motor Listed above will easily be around 360rwhp with Bolt ons, Pulley, & a tune. 360baseline hp with drive train loss is around 315-320rwhp (I think, I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT DRIVETRAIN LOSS) so 360rwhp is very reasonable for that motor. Just saying.
I highly doubt a 2001 Roush Stage 3 puts down that much power stock, ive rode in one & it wasnt that impressive, for the price anyway.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:24 PM
12 Second Club

you are an idiot as well then.
how? are you trying to say that 1.2x g's is LESS than 1.05 g's? all i am stating is that the g's imply a very good handling car. i never said the stang was a better car than the vette, or that the 2v was better than the LS1. re-read what i said. also, check my sig, what do i drive? yeah, an LS1. i would bet the c5z would be faster around a road course, but i cant say for sure.

did that get through your thick fanboi head?

I highly doubt a 2001 Roush Stage 3 puts down that much power stock, ive rode in one & it wasnt that impressive, for the price anyway.
thats about what an LS1 fbod loses through the DT, how is it not believable?
Old 05-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Banned

how? are you trying to say that 1.2x g's is LESS than 1.05 g's? all i am stating is that the g's imply a very good handling car. i never said the stang was a better car than the vette, or that the 2v was better than the LS1. re-read what i said. also, check my sig, what do i drive? yeah, an LS1. i would bet the c5z would be faster around a road course, but i cant say for sure.

did that get through your thick fanboi head?

thats about what an LS1 fbod loses through the DT, how is it not believable?
C5 Z06 Corvette would destroy a 2v Roush Mustang on a road course.

I own a '00 Z28 LS1 & a '95 Cobra 5.0, how does that make me a fanboy?
Old 05-11-2010, 09:45 PM
12 Second Club

C5 Z06 Corvette would destroy a 2v Roush Mustang on a road course.

I own a '00 Z28 LS1 & a '95 Cobra 5.0, how does that make me a fanboy?
well, your posts would lead one to believe there is no beating an LSx under any circumstances. all i was getting across was that it is an acceptionally good handling car, which you cannot deny......unless you are a fanboy. you cant deny facts. like i said, i think the c5z would be faster, but that doesnt take away from a 1.2x g pull

Quick Reply: Camaro Z28 VS 2000 Roush S/C Mustang????