Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

Has anyone run a new 5.0??

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 07:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I havn't got to see the new 5.0 first hand yet but hope to get a couple runs against my friends this weekend in the camaro. I predict my bolt-on Z to walk em!
Old 07-09-2010, 08:04 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Slash8915
What do you consider basic mods? If you mean boltons, I HIGHLY doubt it.
Blower, nitrous, exhaust, CAI, suspension, tires, tune, etc. Those are all pretty basic mods to me. Nitrous takes an hour or two to rig up and it cost about $500. It doesn't get much more basic than that.

You're only running 11's right? Piece of cake for a 5.0 with very few mods.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:15 PM
10 Second Club

So who has run one? Anyone...
Old 07-09-2010, 08:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
Really? Show me proof of... let's say... 5 different stock auto GT's doing 12.50's.
Shop cars don't count and neither do Magazine times.
Why don't they count? because they can drive or because you hate to see their numbers?
Old 07-10-2010, 02:30 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ke^in
I just went by his 11sec title. I understand most bolt-on GTs wont be in the 11s, but he was acting as if it wasn't possible. The fastest GT run so far is what 12.5 in the 1/4? A set of DRs and bolt-ons it should have no problems hitting at least 11.9

I could very well be wrong however.
Evan Smith ran 12.3@112 with Drag radials ONLY

Originally Posted by lemons12
I don't think he has to worry about running into the fastest.

Just giving you a hard time with it. The majority of bolt on GTs will run low 12s with a pretty good mph. I think it will take more to get them into the 11s solidly.

Who knows though.
Lemons get out of here with your common sense

Originally Posted by Mong00z
I havn't got to see the new 5.0 first hand yet but hope to get a couple runs against my friends this weekend in the camaro. I predict my bolt-on Z to walk em!
What do you consider "bolt-ons" ? You should walk one if you are stalled and cammed so on and so forth but it you are truly just "bolt-ons" like exhaust etc. then you might have a hard time. Definitely get it on video and post it either way!
Old 07-10-2010, 03:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by F8L BYT
Lemons get out of here with your common sense

What do you consider "bolt-ons" ? You should walk one if you are stalled and cammed so on and so forth but it you are truly just "bolt-ons" like exhaust etc. then you might have a hard time. Definitely get it on video and post it either way!
Ah, I will go sit in the corner!

Smith ran a 12.3 in the 2011? What did he run on street tires?

A bolt on body will lose to a bolt on GT. I can't wait to see what the average will be though.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:31 AM
TECH Regular

I was getting made fun about about 6 months ago for saying it would run 12.5s on DRs.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:47 AM
***Repost Police***

I do remember that... and now they have done 12.5s bone stock.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:15 AM
TECH Addict

I saw what I can be certain was a 2011 GT just yesterday morning. It was a white(black top) convertible and I thought 2005-2010 at 1st glance, but as I passed GRANDMA, it was glaring "5.0" on the fender and I thought... OH! There it is, for sure. It looked really good cruising down the hwy. She "blipped" on and then off the hwy and I wasn't about to try racing. I was in an SUV and my only concern was getting home because I was on the road for the last 4+ days and missed "momma."

I'm honestly guessing that the woman behind the wheel was 50+... Certainly not old enough to be MY grandma, but someone's!

As for getting caught racing... DON'T street race! That settles it. I remember many yrs ago, a friend of mine was ticketed for "impeding traffic" after he was caught losing a street race. The cop made a joke of him, but it was far less expensive than the tickets he SHOULD have gotten.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:06 AM
TECH Regular

I am officially dumber for having read that.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:05 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by F8L BYT
Stall, full exhaust, pulley, tune, DRs . . .etc

Probably a drivers race but I doubt my friend will be able to drive the car to its full potental since its new. Either way, I should take him off the line with DRs.

Last edited by Mong00z; 07-10-2010 at 09:17 AM.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:22 AM
Teching In

I doubt a stock one will get out of the 13 's here in Las Vegas.

I will wait and see at the track.

I know a guy with a California Special. Stickered at nearly 40k.

I just picked up my 03 Z06 w/9kmi for 29......You do the math.
ummmm oh yea.....Bring it on !
Old 07-10-2010, 10:29 AM
On The Tree

I feel like this car is going to be slow in a lot of people's hands when they first get them. A lot of people can't stand the thought of turning a engine past 6000 rpms and these engines have to turn close to 7000 rpms to get the most out of them.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Z0_RICK

Math: 2003 was 7 years ago.
That guy optioned the hell out of it, you can grab the same car for 35k.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

I thought the title of the thread was "Has anyone run a new 5.0??", not "All the nutswingers continue to argue about the mustangs performance". We got it guys, the car is fast.

All you 5.0 fanboys need to take a chill pill. Have any of you even driven the new 5.0 yet?? Or is every argument you take on meerely based on internet facts of what other shops/ pro drivers ran?? The OP was asking if anyone has driven the car, not, will the 5.0 go 11's will bolt ons.

There needs to be no more threads involving the 5.0 at all because people just start posting all there facts of hear say and arguing of how this new 5.0 is the holy grace of any motor ever built. IF YOU HAVEN'T RUN A NEW 5.0 YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS RESPONDING TO THIS THREAD.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

/\/\/\This
Old 07-10-2010, 01:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by collier341
IF YOU HAVEN'T RUN A NEW 5.0 YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS RESPONDING TO THIS THREAD.
You have no business to say what happens in any part of this forum whatsoever.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lemons12
Ah, I will go sit in the corner!

Smith ran a 12.3 in the 2011? What did he run on street tires?

A bolt on body will lose to a bolt on GT. I can't wait to see what the average will be though.
He ran 12.6 @ 112 on the stock all season tires

Originally Posted by Mong00z
Stall, full exhaust, pulley, tune, DRs . . .etc

Probably a drivers race but I doubt my friend will be able to drive the car to its full potental since its new. Either way, I should take him off the line with DRs.
Yeah I agree with you there. New car + street tires vs you who knows your car + DR from a dig I think you have it

Originally Posted by Z0_RICK

Wow did you really just do that? You are trying to compare a car that is 7 years older and it has no warranty anymore or anything vs a brand new car with less that 10 miles on it and it comes with a warranty lol

I thought the title of the thread was "Has anyone run a new 5.0??", not "All the nutswingers continue to argue about the mustangs performance". We got it guys, the car is fast.

All you 5.0 fanboys need to take a chill pill. Have any of you even driven the new 5.0 yet?? Or is every argument you take on meerely based on internet facts of what other shops/ pro drivers ran?? The OP was asking if anyone has driven the car, not, will the 5.0 go 11's will bolt ons.

There needs to be no more threads involving the 5.0 at all because people just start posting all there facts of hear say and arguing of how this new 5.0 is the holy grace of any motor ever built.
If you dont like the thread the don't click on it. Notice how you are the only one to come in here and bitch? The facts I stated I saw in person so once again you are wrong

Then why did you respond? You obviously haven't run one and you did the same thing we did and responded.... Yea you fail miserably so GFY.

Good day
Old 07-10-2010, 03:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its pointless to try to convince people about how good a mustang it on an lsx website.

people can believe whatever they want, but give it some time and there will be more vids on youtube of them racing different cars, some will win, some will lose.

I dont honestly see a bone stock mustang gt losing to a bone stock 4th gen though....im sure due to driver error it could happen, but 9/10 the 5.0 will win.

no one can say for sure how they will keep up mod for mod though, that will just have to be seen.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:02 PM
TECH Addict

Whine on...

There needs to be no more threads involving the 5.0 at all because people just start posting all there facts of hear say and arguing of how this new 5.0 is the holy grace of any motor ever built.
When you become the administrator, you'll get to MAKE such decisions. Until then, I suggest you simply don't respond to the threads that make you wanna cry.

And when did you race one and why didn't you share your whippin' here instead of complaining about others doing exactly what you're doing?

Why do so many newbies complain so much? Answer that one...

Quick Reply: Has anyone run a new 5.0??