Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

almighty cummins vs my z

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 11:46 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default almighty cummins vs my z

Alright so I live in wyoming and if you haven't guessed there's alot of cowboys here and they all think their cummins are the fastest **** ever. One of which I have raced before from a roll and even let him get the hit and still left him. But since I don't consider it a fair race since it is a big truck and didn't boost it from a dig I want another run. Now I don't know **** about diesels and I keep hearing he wasn't even trying to race me which is bullshit unless he was sandbagging hard! here's his mods
(this is from facebook so bare with me)
He has 50 a 3000 an mp-8 a smarty TNT-r.. Straight pipe.. Oil by pass kit.. New ball joints.. 20's with 35's.. Longer control arms. nv5600 tranny out of an 04 dodge.. A dd south bend clutch..

supposedly he is hiding something that make awesome power, Is this really a threat to my Z thats exhaust only? this truck is pushing 9k pounds. And supposedly it outran an 07 sti with exhaust, intake **** and nitrous (no one knows if he sprayed or not or even how big of a shot it is).
Old 03-16-2011, 12:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

if he is hiding a bigger turbo and injectors you could be in trouble. It really all depends on what is done, the technology is there where he could smoke you fairly easily.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:15 AM
TECH Regular

I have seen it happen...the fastest H/C nitrous car here in town got beat by one...rumor has it the z was low on bottle presure but the truck got him....heres video to prove it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFNn4...el_video_title

its a 8 second clip but u can see the results...the z28 hasnt been out ever since.
Old 03-16-2011, 01:18 AM
TECH Regular

^^thats the only time i have ever seen that camaro lose to anybody...its an a4 afr heads matched cam, full boltons with nitrous..not sure on the nitrous shot but its a 10 second car
Old 03-16-2011, 10:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What year dodge and is it 2500/3500, crew cab, ext cab, standard cab?, is he launching in 4x4? or are you doing a roll?

Smarty'd cummins are decent... hope you don't run into a duramax. The Chevy's can be 13 to mid 12 trucks with not much work at all. Then you get into compound turbos and oversize injectors... then you are really in trouble unless you got spray.

If the guy can launch in 4x4 and he's got some more stuff done to the cummins and its a newer one, he will destroy you out of the hole with a boosted launch.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:57 AM
Launching!

its a '10 or'11 I'm not sure. Its a 2500 crew cab short box with a huge *** bumper. If he's as fast as everyone says then Im guessing he would launch in 4wd.

I've raced a two smarty'd cummins with a decent list of mods and didn't have any trouble passing them. One of them has stacks, smarty turned up to 8, injectors, fuel pump, and a bunch of other random stuff and his truck is wayyyy lighter then the one I made this thread about.

I think he is running injectors, I know he'll get me off the line, I spin when I launch since these tires aren't the best. I'm not running spray. I've raced the truck before from a 20 roll and he didn't put up any better of a fight then the other diesels I've raced. If he does beat me I'm not gonna park my car forever haha, he'd be beating a 218k mile LS1 with exhaust...And my built/sprayed 5.3 isn't too far from being put it so I plan on running him with the ls1 and then seeing how the 5.3 does..
Old 03-16-2011, 03:50 PM
TECH Addict

If he launches in 4 high, good luck to you. Almost all trucks suck from a roll to begin with.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Revoroller
its a '10 or'11 I'm not sure. Its a 2500 crew cab short box with a huge *** bumper. If he's as fast as everyone says then Im guessing he would launch in 4wd.

I've raced a two smarty'd cummins with a decent list of mods and didn't have any trouble passing them. One of them has stacks, smarty turned up to 8, injectors, fuel pump, and a bunch of other random stuff and his truck is wayyyy lighter then the one I made this thread about.

I think he is running injectors, I know he'll get me off the line, I spin when I launch since these tires aren't the best. I'm not running spray. I've raced the truck before from a 20 roll and he didn't put up any better of a fight then the other diesels I've raced. If he does beat me I'm not gonna park my car forever haha, he'd be beating a 218k mile LS1 with exhaust...And my built/sprayed 5.3 isn't too far from being put it so I plan on running him with the ls1 and then seeing how the 5.3 does..

You never know... there are tons of duramaxes running around here that would make a bolton LS1 look stupid from a roll and from a dig.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:27 PM
Staging Lane

You said it's a six speed truck unless he is being real hard on the truck and launching in third you will murder him out the hole
I think you would be surprised if you race from a slightly higher roll so he didn't have to row so many gears
Old 03-25-2011, 09:38 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Revoroller;14645288]He has 50 a 3000 an mp-8 a smarty TNT-r.. Straight pipe.. Oil by pass kit.. New ball joints.. 20's with 35's.. Longer control arms. nv5600 tranny out of an 04 dodge.. A dd south bend clutch..

QUOTE]

I am going to guess that this is the Aurora 3000 Turbo from ATS. And the 50 I would guess that he is talking 50hp injectors. Those with the Smarty TNT-R and the MP8 both turned up, (and they will be if he is going to run you) He is going to take you if all of the above is correct. You may get him on the top end of 120+ but under that you are going to be surprised. Dont worry about the weight. When he has 450hp+ and 900tq+ atleast at the wheels its not going to be much of a disadvantage to him.

The Smarty alone, depending on the year of truck, should put that thing in low 13's.

Go look at www.cumminsforum.com and see for yourself before you do it. There are some very quick 9K+ trucks out there. And most look stock so you never know what your getting into.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was going to add if his is a manual you'd get him out of the hole but you'd be surprised after that.
If it was a duramax with a built allison a boosted 4x4 launch will make you look stupid
As the previous poster stated they are very deceiving.
There's a few duramaxes that are true sleepers and they are easy 11 sec to sub 11 sec trucks. Really it takes just a built tranny with some oversize injectors and a small compound turbo setup.
I believe the fastest single turbo duramax I've seen runs like 12.1 maybe a little faster.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:19 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am a Dodge person. I like the chevys too but the chevy cost more to mod and is a harder to work on. The straight 6 with just a single will hold its own no problem. Even though he has a stick I still think he will take him no problem. Dodges are easy to shift and he can and will boost it and leave his *** in a third gear start.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:27 PM
Launching!

Ended up meeting the owner the other night, pretty cool guy. He said that the last time we raced he was pushing his truck hard. He said all the rumors about his truck is BS, everyone thinks its fast cause they are brown nosing. He said he just has a smarty in it and small things, he just has it for a weekend toy since he works on rigs during the week.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:38 PM
8 Second Club

buddy of mine has a cummins with bigger injectors, some kinda injector pump, bigger turbo, giganto exhaust and some more **** and it supposedly makes 600hp and 1000 lbft of torque

ive ridden in it a few times and its crazy fast, you wouldnt expect a 10k lb extended cab long bed lifted 4x4 on 37' tires to light em up on the interstate.

Quick Reply: almighty cummins vs my z