Dyno Guesses & Bench Racing Forum Horsepower Estimates | Racing Scenarios

4th Gen SS beat 2010 SS?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011 | 11:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Don't be stupid.....sales are up, way up. GM didn't create a platform to please you. They produced a platform that would sell its *** off while making money and luckily for us it still remained somewhat competitive. GM doesn't give a damn about true enthusiasts, they are trying to appeal to the greater masses so that they can attempt to stay afloat.
x2... they went more on looks than performance on the 5th gens by far. That way they can sell more camaros to ppl who could care less about racing and more about looks.
Old 07-15-2011 | 11:17 AM
Formally Simplɘ Jack

Originally Posted by chaman
From Puerto Rico at you service, sir.
Your from PR? Didn't even know, that's whats up. I was born and raised in Bayamon. Te que pais tu ere? Really like to see PR's that know about f-bodies, alot of them are into ricers lol.
Old 07-15-2011 | 11:49 AM
TECH Senior Member
15 Year Member

the 5th gen is slightly faster than the 4th gen m6 vs m6...I dont understand why it's argued? It should be faster for christ sake...it has a 6.2, newer technology, and better suspension. Yes it's heavy but thats where the torque from the ls3 comes into play. Honestly I see where some are disapointed with the marginal performance difference between the 4th and 5th gen, but as others have pointed out the 5th gen was designed to sell,, not all out performance.... it definately makes for a better daily driver than the 4th, wich is what gm was shooting for. That being said, I would still rather own a g8 gxp over the 5th gen.

Quick Reply: 4th Gen SS beat 2010 SS?