'92 TA Roller/Major Project

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 04:17 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default '92 TA Roller/Major Project

Money is tight, and I'd like to free up some cash. '92 TA roller/major project. partially stripped, many parts gone. 350 TPI and rear still in place.

One of 300 or so '92 L98 TAs.

$600.

Looking for quick cash sale.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:08 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
LS1Tech 10 Year

Can you email me with details on what has been removed and or still has? Just wondering how much the car would need. Notchbackgta at hotmail dot com
Old 11-18-2008, 02:11 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I'm interested as well on what this thing would need to be driveable. Does it run?
Old 11-18-2008, 05:57 PM
Launching!

Wow, to be drivable you are looking at a lot of work. That is why I have it listed as a major project. T56 setup gone. Steering wheel gone. GTA rims gone. Wing gone. Front gfx gone, might have another set. Other than the parts listed, I have most everything else that was removed from the car, in the upstairs of the barn. But, it's not all going to go with the car for $600. I'd be raping myself.

If someone made a decent offer for the car and the parts I have for it, I am sure it could be a winter project that yielded a drivable car for spring.

Thanks for the replies, guys.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:21 PM
Teching In

LS1Tech 10 Year

What DO we get for the $600? Buying a title?
Is the interior all there, tail lights, wiring harnesses, clutch pedal, fenders, nose......
More pictures?
Old 11-18-2008, 08:45 PM
Launching!

Hmm. No, you are not buying a title for $600. I included the pic above to show what a buyer gets for the price. A major project that is a one-of-300 final year for the body style hardtop L98 car with the parts listed in the previous post missing, and others removed but still available.

And thanks for reminding me, the tail lights have been sold as well.

The ideal buyer for this car would be someone who recognizes and finds desirable the car's relative rarity and who would like to save the vehicle by restoring it or at least putting it back together. As a notchback owner or fan, I am sure you can appreciate that. A couple months ago, when scrap was at its peak, the car was worth $500 just for scrap weight. So, $600 for a thirdgen lover seems reasonable to me for a rolling major project.

Thanks for your inquiry.

Originally Posted by notchbackgta
What DO we get for the $600? Buying a title?
Is the interior all there, tail lights, wiring harnesses, clutch pedal, fenders, nose......
More pictures?
Old 11-18-2008, 10:34 PM
Teching In

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by Bull
Hmm. No, you are not buying a title for $600. I included the pic above to show what a buyer gets for the price. A major project that is a one-of-300 final year for the body style hardtop L98 car with the parts listed in the previous post missing, and others removed but still available.

And thanks for reminding me, the tail lights have been sold as well.

The ideal buyer for this car would be someone who recognizes and finds desirable the car's relative rarity and who would like to save the vehicle by restoring it or at least putting it back together. As a notchback owner or fan, I am sure you can appreciate that. A couple months ago, when scrap was at its peak, the car was worth $500 just for scrap weight. So, $600 for a thirdgen lover seems reasonable to me for a rolling major project.

Thanks for your inquiry.
I have a 91 GTA and 2 factory notchback hatches. I DO appreciate what you are saying about the value, but I am trying to determine if it is worth it for me to persue the car since I am not very close to you. From what I can see it looks like I need fenders and the front support. I have a hood and front cover for a TA. I have no idea what is on the inside of the car or the back either and as you havent mentioned it I have no idea. Tail lights, while I have a set, are expensive for that car.
What t-56 did you have in the car?
Old 11-18-2008, 11:02 PM
Launching!

I know there are a lot of details to be stated. It takes a bit of time to list exactly what has been removed, is still present, in what condition etc. I don't mind doing so, I just tend to wait to see how far away people are who inquire (never ever have I sold a car to someone far away) and how curious people are etc.

I have two hoods, two noses, the fenders, most of the interior plastics, two dash pads for the car. Have the nosecone "egg crate" support, too. The hatch is on the car, minus the wing. The interior has been removed, but I have most of it. Car had 4th gen leather seats, they are not in good condition. Car had a '93 T56 setup, sold long ago for good money. The headlights are gone. Car has aftermarket Hooker catback exhaust, Edelbrock headers. Ran when pulled into the barn, but that was two years ago. Car has some rot.

To clarify: I can't include all of the parts listed above with the car for $600. $600 gets the car as it sits. I need to get my money back out of this, and that means either someone makes an offer for the car and all the parts, or I sell the car as it sits for $600 and then sell the parts piece by piece to nickle and dime my way back to breaking even.

There will be a limited market for this project, but it is worth saving. One day, maybe a day far away, the low production L98 cars will be sought after. As you know, thirdgens now don't get much respect, not even low production cars like the notches. But, did you see the feature notchback in High Performance Pontiac over the summer? Cool article.

Originally Posted by notchbackgta
I have a 91 GTA and 2 factory notchback hatches. I DO appreciate what you are saying about the value, but I am trying to determine if it is worth it for me to persue the car since I am not very close to you. From what I can see it looks like I need fenders and the front support. I have a hood and front cover for a TA. I have no idea what is on the inside of the car or the back either and as you havent mentioned it I have no idea. Tail lights, while I have a set, are expensive for that car.
What t-56 did you have in the car?