Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

How much HP to beat a 800rwhp 03 cobra? LOOK!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 07:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How much HP to beat a 800rwhp 03 cobra? LOOK!

LMAO!!!!!!! Yup I have the answer to this one if you're interested. It takes 450rwhp C5 M6 FRC corvette thats what!!!!!!! All races on closed track!

At a local get together some new guys came out with some really nice cars! 06 black EVO, 98-00 Z28 w/100shot, 03 cobra with a 5.0cammer motor, twin T61 turbos, custom intake, stock gears, tubular kmember, dual cutouts, running C12 octane gas with boost 19lbs, Hoosier drag radials 17's. Plus a bazillion other mods. 3700lbs car
VS. My 450rwhp C5 FRC 6spd, Heads,cam,intake,4.10s with ET streets and skinnies. 3100lbs car
Basically this thread will show its not always who makes more power but a complete combination of, traction,driving,weight,power and where in the power band it makes that power.
The races:
1st race.
50mph roll 2nd gear both cars. We do the tap and go start with loud cars. (tap the gas hard leave off and you both take off at the same time hopefully). I tap the gas off then on and we're off, he delays on the hit but the instant torque vs the turbos comes to play i'm out by almost a car lenght already. I hit 3rd gear and I keep hearing those turbos screaming out the passenger window and I see the front end coming. I hit 4th as does he and I see him pull right up beside me almost ahead but we had to slow down... only got to about 105-110mph on that one. He would've pull right by me and kept going if we could've taken this one further.
2nd race
50mph roll I tap and go and pull nicely and nail a very clean 3rd gear and yup he missed 3rd its over
3rd race we get going at speed tap-GO and we're off I pull atleast a car on the hit again and hit a nice 3rd and still ahead as he hits 4th we start going around a very slight curve on the back stretch and his *** end kicks out around 110-115mph. Yes the car starts spinning and i was over 2 cars ahead on this one.

Now I do know that this car with plenty of traction and a longer run would absolutely anihilate my car. My prediction before the race was i would get out a car and he would make it even by top of 3rd and pull 2 cars in 4th. Well that didnt happen lucky me GOT IT ALL ON VIDEO TOO! DVD player though sorry guys. I told the guy turn down the boost, run the tires lower psi and heat them really well before we go out. I think this will give him a better chance. The car is just making to much power. At first when this all came about i told the guy dead stop or 1st gear roll praying on his traction limitations. If we get to teh point where he's walking all over me i'll throw that back in there.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:01 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like he drives like me!
Old 10-27-2008, 08:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wish I could have been there. I got the intake off my motor waiting new intake gaskets and injector oring got a nice vaccum leak around the number 2 injector
Old 10-27-2008, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

how'd you find that dschmitte?
Old 10-27-2008, 08:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The carb cleaner test gave me a little indication of the problem but the true test was when I pulled the intake and turned it upside down and did a water test and water just ran down around the seal. New injector orings were shipped today
Old 10-28-2008, 01:55 AM
Teching In

Hey, I want in on this closed track. 50mph roll... ya RICER!!

Trying to race that slow Black 3.4L Whipple Cobra? I only run pump gas though.

(Insert some appropriate smileys in the above post as I'm only messing with him and not serious since we both know I have a giant va jay jay and won't race on the street)
Old 10-28-2008, 06:56 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not surprised.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:45 PM
11 Second Club

Was the z28 maroon and have an Ultra-Z hood? If so I'm thinking him and the 03' Cobra rolled in together. I'm assuming the cobra is black right? I think I may know the owner of the cobra you raced,,,he wears glasses. If its the same car I'm thinking of did he mention anything about comp stage 2 cams at all? This car just sounds very,very familiar.