Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

SOB hit my parked TA!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 04:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry SOB hit my parked TA!!

Was parked at my work and someone backed in my side rear panel!!
So heated right now, nice dent in the ol TA
Old 01-20-2009, 04:56 PM
Staging Lane

that sucks. my bf's grandfather did that last year to my TA. im still waiting for his uncle to fix it
Old 01-20-2009, 05:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That sucks, but if you need any body and paint work hit me up. I can do both, I work at a bodyshop in glen burnie.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:19 PM
TECH Regular

That sucks man. One reason it was easier for me to let go of my T/a when I sold it was because of how paranoid I was of people doing something to it because I didn't have a garage. So many *******'s out there.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats my biggest fear everytime i park
Old 01-20-2009, 05:38 PM
Launching!

that sux. same thing happened to my z a month ago. come spring time im getting it fixed
Old 01-20-2009, 06:29 PM
12 Second Club

Pics
!!!!
Old 01-20-2009, 06:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear that. Some people just flat out suck.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:27 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, it's not huge but noticeable in the sun light, just a long slight dent right on the side
Will try and get picks tomorrow.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:58 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Blue_00_WS6
that sucks. my bf's grandfather did that last year to my TA. im still waiting for his uncle to fix it
accidents with family members are the worst... well, i say 'family' loosely in this case, but you know what i mean. you'd feel aweful prosecuting them, but for some reason they think because they know you, they dont have to be in a rush to take responsibility for their actions.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:47 PM
TECH Resident

dood my car has been hit 3 times and i have never been in the car when its hit. lol.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

i got hit 2 winters ago bad i was in the house for 5 minutes and someone smashed the rear quarter FUCKED it up. alot of ppl suck in the world. and i know how you feel that you wanna kill the person. i still wanna kill the person lol
Old 01-20-2009, 11:27 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by slayer_taunu
accidents with family members are the worst... well, i say 'family' loosely in this case, but you know what i mean. you'd feel aweful prosecuting them, but for some reason they think because they know you, they dont have to be in a rush to take responsibility for their actions.
tell me about it. his dad backed into my iroc awhile back, his mom backed into our monte carlo, and then his pap hit the TA. worst thing is his uncle keeps telling me "oh bring it next week" but then hes too busy this happened last may and i noticed it right before i went to class to take a final. im still pissed.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:40 PM
Launching!

Damn that sucks, dont you have cameras in the parking lot, a friend at work had something similar happen to it but it messed up the whole fender and bumper on his new bmw, and the sad part is that he parked away from everybody, and it still happened!
Old 01-21-2009, 04:42 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

That is one reason why I don't drive mine on the street anymore, no more having ot be paranoid with where I park it, etc.etc.

Hell I hated parking it at a car show, I wouldn't leave the side of the car until there was a car on both sides of mine and I watched them get out of their cars from inside mine, so they knew I was watching to make sure noone did anything stupid.

I remember beign at a car show once @ hooters on the berlin turnpike, and some guy's 3 or 4 year old kid was runnign up to every car and grabbing onto the top of the door and using it like a chin up bar to look inside, one guy with a nice old 32 with painted runnign boards was sitting a couple cars down from me, kid ran over stepped right on teh paint with sand filled shoes then grabbed onto the door, the owner of the car went BALLISTIC on the kid and then the father when he came over and saw what was happening, of course there was 2 grind marks from the kids feet in the paint.

That guy was ready to strangle the kid, and then beat the father with the kid's body.

Honestly, if he had I would have been forced to testify that I didn't see the guy do anything at all to the kid or the father because it would have been just punishment at that point. People were clapping after the guy got done yelling at the 2 of them. I'm just glad it happened before the kid got to my car LOL.

Moral of the story: People are irresponsable, and don't respect other people's property, and no matter how careful you are with your stuff, someone is evetually gonan screw it up on ya if you give them the chance.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:51 AM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Yup, part of the reason I'm not getting a paint job on mine cause when I do someone will **** it up. Someone hit 'n run me and sent me into a telephone pole when I was skidding cause of their hit, took out the rear passengers 1/4 Panel.

People don't give a **** about anything.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:10 AM
TECH Addict

tell me about it. his dad backed into my iroc awhile back, his mom backed into our monte carlo, and then his pap hit the TA. worst thing is his uncle keeps telling me "oh bring it next week" but then hes too busy this happened last may and i noticed it right before i went to class to take a final. im still pissed.
when i still lived at home, my sister hit my firehawk within 3 weeks of me owning it. she refused to pay up, so i threatened to just call my insurance company (which in MA, is a fate worse than death to have points on your insurance). My dad ended up giving her the money, and to this day, she hasnt paid him back.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:16 AM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

What really sux is when your own wife hits your SS with her Z28 and she didnt even realize it till I called her at work that morning.

Me" hey hun you didnt hit my car this morning did ya?"

Her" No, I dont think so, Ill go and check."

5mins later

Her " OOPS I guess I did scrape it a little bit, Ill pay to have it fixed, dont worry about it"

Me " Well your lucky. I managed to sand and buff out the little scuff mark."

You just never know when it will happen to ya.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:16 PM
On The Tree

Dude your friend needs to take his family to drivers ed
Old 01-21-2009, 02:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm going to print this thread out and carry it in my car with me. Then every time a girl asks me why I park 300 feet past the farthest car from the store in a parking lot, I can just hand it to them and not even have to say anything.

But I'm sure they'll still call me paranoid.