Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Boring Daytona 500......

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009 | 06:30 PM
Launching!

SheaMus;11077083]people who dont like nascar. dont comment. Every year they are raising prices to go to these races. They should finish the race the next day for the blue collar fans that actually love the sport and have to pay hard earned money for the tickets. Again Thanks France!!
Thank "Big" Bill France for this rule on calling a race if run to the halfway distance of a scheduled race due to weather or unique circumstances that the race could not be restarted for a reasonable time conclusion. This rule was introduced decades ago for the reason of stay over costs for the race teams and fans. It is still in affect for the same reasons.

What has changed has been NASCAR rewriting it's Mission Statement as to we are now an entertainment business with the purpose of bringing businesses together in an arena conductive to doing business with other companies & consumers.

The last two TV contracts with three networks to televise the races. Last contract was 400 MILLION, a 400% increase over the previous 5 year prior. This is what brings you the four hour prerace and a shortened race!

Yeah I was a fan. Back when NASCAR and the networks (ESPN), when concerned about weather affecting the race length would move the scheduled race start of 12:30 or 1:00 to 11:00 or 11:30. not stick to a 3:40 start regardless of the race or fans.

Yeah I can still remember watching a great finish to a rain delayed race at Charolette ( sorry, meant LOWE'S) at 1:00AM . cause we ain't bothering nobody and were here to race!
Old 02-18-2009 | 06:57 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

I think my favorite form of motor racing is the American Lemans series. You've got passing, high speeds, the pit stops play a critical role, multiple different platforms and the different makes actually look different unlike NASCAR.
Old 02-18-2009 | 07:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have seen very few boring dirt track races, it does happen from time to time, but 10-15 dollars to get in, free parking, close to home. I will take it over NASCAR anyday. I still watch NASCAR on TV if its a good track, but I will not pay the premium it cost to go see one.

Old 02-19-2009 | 02:25 PM
CARTEK Racing

Why not just grow some *****, put some tredded tires on the car and keep going?

Every FIA regulated for of Motorsports races in the rain, why cant NASCAR? Im sure GoodYear has a treded tire that can work.

Race in the rain: Formula1, GP-2, A1-GP, GT, Champ Car hell even Formula BMW

Does not race in the Rain: NASCAR, IRL

We look like weenies... are Americans afraid of rain?

its just pathetic... The track is banked, the water will run off...
Old 02-19-2009 | 03:57 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by sundaydriver
Thank "Big" Bill France for this rule on calling a race if run to the halfway distance of a scheduled race due to weather or unique circumstances that the race could not be restarted for a reasonable time conclusion. This rule was introduced decades ago for the reason of stay over costs for the race teams and fans. It is still in affect for the same reasons.

What has changed has been NASCAR rewriting it's Mission Statement as to we are now an entertainment business with the purpose of bringing businesses together in an arena conductive to doing business with other companies & consumers.

The last two TV contracts with three networks to televise the races. Last contract was 400 MILLION, a 400% increase over the previous 5 year prior. This is what brings you the four hour prerace and a shortened race!

Yeah I was a fan. Back when NASCAR and the networks (ESPN), when concerned about weather affecting the race length would move the scheduled race start of 12:30 or 1:00 to 11:00 or 11:30. not stick to a 3:40 start regardless of the race or fans.

Yeah I can still remember watching a great finish to a rain delayed race at Charolette ( sorry, meant LOWE'S) at 1:00AM . cause we ain't bothering nobody and were here to race!
Agreed. My uncle used to make almost every race. till the past 2 years. He had licenses for tickets to every race with my father since the early 80's. My brother and me we raised on nascar. Ive been to almost every track ever since i was kid. They are raising the prices and pushing the real fans out. He lost his licenses to charlotte, homstead, talladega, ect. Its ashame how the sport became all about money. He's coming home tonight from daytona. Iam glad i didnt spend the money to go Due to the delay. Theres just to much cash involved from the fans to continue this. Atleast they still have the good owners of tracks like indianapolis and bristol that will continnue the race the later that nite or the next day. Its turning into a monopoly with NASCAR 'France JR'. Hell they make the body's now 'Car of the future'. I wonder how ticket sales will be this year with the economy. I hope they get it stuck to them.

Last edited by SheaMus; 02-19-2009 at 04:07 PM.