Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Hampton Roads.....Another New One...Again.

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 11:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ill be out at Jenro's this weekend. Flying home friday. Prob show up around 4 and stay till when ever.

Kyle
Old 07-15-2009, 08:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
Whats your budget and time frame??
Well, I've already got the engine and the tranny (4L60E), but that's about it at this point. There is no drop dead time for my time frame, but the sooner the better-I just want to drive it haha. As for the budget, I'm hoping to keep it around $4000-$5000. I don't want a street demon-just a reliable daily driver that looks clean. I'm definitely open to any capable and honest individuals that would like to do the work, but suggestions for a good shop are cool too. Let me know if you're interested or can recommend anyone. Thanks.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:04 AM
12 Second Club

Well everyone, i see there are a few new sigs on this thread now. Man I have missed so much. I am back from my IA tour in Iraq and a whole lot has changed here. Glad to see some familiar sigs on this thread and hopefully sometime soon i will be able to see you guys again. Hope everyone is doing well. It's good to be back!!!
Old 08-01-2009, 11:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KONG
Well everyone, i see there are a few new sigs on this thread now. Man I have missed so much. I am back from my IA tour in Iraq and a whole lot has changed here. Glad to see some familiar sigs on this thread and hopefully sometime soon i will be able to see you guys again. Hope everyone is doing well. It's good to be back!!!
Man Shawn and I didn't know what in the he'll had happened to you or where you went. Glad your back. In NC right now I'll hit ya up when I get back

Kyle
Old 08-03-2009, 06:45 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
Man Shawn and I didn't know what in the he'll had happened to you or where you went. Glad your back. In NC right now I'll hit ya up when I get back

Kyle
Yeah, those f$#kers gave me two days notice before i left and that did nothing but cause all kinds of problems for me. At any rate I am glad to be home and ready for things to get back to normal. I will be by the shop to see you guys very soon. L8R
Old 08-07-2009, 09:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, those f$#kers gave me two days notice before i left and that did nothing but cause all kinds of problems for me. At any rate I am glad to be home and ready for things to get back to normal. I will be by the shop to see you guys very soon. L8R
Two days is messed up, sounds like your chain of command failed you. At any rate welcome back!!
Old 08-09-2009, 06:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Is anyone going to Jenro's this coming Sat 15AUG09?

Last edited by RJB01camaross; 08-09-2009 at 06:25 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:34 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by RJB01camaross
Two days is messed up, sounds like your chain of command failed you. At any rate welcome back!!
Yeah a whole lot of chiefs and no indians. Most of the people I deal with daily are nothing but pieces of **** that hide behind their rank. It is annoying as hell but I guess it comes with the territory. If I ever get a chance to be in a position to help and mentor other sailors I will certainly do my best to prevent what I have had to go through.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:11 PM
On The Tree

Yeah a whole lot of chiefs and no indians. Most of the people I deal with daily are nothing but pieces of **** that hide behind their rank. It is annoying as hell but I guess it comes with the territory. If I ever get a chance to be in a position to help and mentor other sailors I will certainly do my best to prevent what I have had to go through.
One of the top reasons I got out. Problem I faced was I made it to a position to mentor, but the new sailors didn't want to hear it. I got fed up and got out. Been out now for over 9 years and don't miss it one bit.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:25 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by want297z
One of the top reasons I got out. Problem I faced was I made it to a position to mentor, but the new sailors didn't want to hear it. I got fed up and got out. Been out now for over 9 years and don't miss it one bit.
Trust me it has definitely been a consideration in recent days. I used to love what I do but now it is my only source of aggravation. I have been doing this for over a decade now and every year it seems to get worse. I do not like the direction the Navy is going in at all. I am trying to hold out until I transfer to a new command soon, maybe I just need a change of scenery.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:13 AM
On The Tree

Good luck. I still see the troubles. Just don't have to deal with it directly any more.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Don't ever go recruiting...I remember being on the ship and thinking it was bad there...now Ive been recruiting for a year and I want to punch myself in the face everytime my alarm goes off in the morning
Old 08-17-2009, 07:58 PM
12 Second Club

Good luck. I still see the troubles. Just don't have to deal with it directly any more.
Yeah I am seriously looking forward to that. I was offered a job as a civilian contractor today so I might be getting that change of scenery soon. Just need to send in a resume and go talk to the boss man. Just looking for a stress free enviroment where I can do what I am trained to do.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:07 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
Don't ever go recruiting...I remember being on the ship and thinking it was bad there...now Ive been recruiting for a year and I want to punch myself in the face everytime my alarm goes off in the morning
Ha ha, I can only imagine man. Recruiting is not really my cup of tea. My opinions of the military have changed drastically since the 90's so I might not be the right person to help new recruits with career decisions. I am sure I can figure out the type of bullsh*t you have to go through so that right there is enough for me not to be interested. Just keep plugging away at it man and hopefully they will give you some more rank as you are leaving there.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:30 AM
TECH Junkie

I don't plan on reenlisting. I am closing on a house in 2 weeks, and as 'safe' as the Navy is (talking about pay and benefits here), I want to move into law enforcement. I only came recruiting to come back home to Tampa to try and set myself up with a job when my EAOS comes up.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:10 AM
On The Tree

Yeah I am seriously looking forward to that. I was offered a job as a civilian contractor today so I might be getting that change of scenery soon. Just need to send in a resume and go talk to the boss man. Just looking for a stress free enviroment where I can do what I am trained to do.
Great day indeed to be stress free and enjoy what you do for a living. Most of my friends say that I am a whole lot better to be around since I started this job almost 2 years ago now.

What contractor and what type of work? I work for Earl Industries.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:40 PM
12 Second Club

Great day indeed to be stress free and enjoy what you do for a living. Most of my friends say that I am a whole lot better to be around since I started this job almost 2 years ago now.

What contractor and what type of work? I work for Earl Industries.
Raytheon I believe. They are contracted in Norfolk and Oceana. They are aviation based so I would be doing work on different aircraft systems. I have done some research on them and so far I have read nothing but good things. I would like to talk to some of the workers there to get a feel for how the job is.
Old 08-18-2009, 03:44 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
I don't plan on reenlisting. I am closing on a house in 2 weeks, and as 'safe' as the Navy is (talking about pay and benefits here), I want to move into law enforcement. I only came recruiting to come back home to Tampa to try and set myself up with a job when my EAOS comes up.
Well it is always good to have a plan bro. Yeah I have gotten the "you can't make it in the civilian world" speech multiple times. The only real expense i will have is medical care once I start another job. I expect that to be expense but I am more than willing to pay the price for medical care BETTER than Tri-care.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Launching!

hey guys looking for the closest track to virginia beach hopeing to find a track open this sat.
any info would be helpful
thanks
Old 09-07-2009, 07:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Virginia Motorsports Park in Dinwiddie

Quick Reply: Hampton Roads.....Another New One...Again.