Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

My mother's breast cancer donation site.

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 09:06 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default My mother's breast cancer donation site.

I honestly hate doing this. posting up "asking" or "begging" for money. every where i turn i seem to see people doing it. asking for handouts. honestly im not. im just posting this to anyone out there who has a wife, girlfriend, daughter, grandmother, aunt, cuzin or whoever effected by breast cancer. i think all of you know the **** sux. everything from the shitty therapy to the way it mess' with poor womens mental health. so if you want and only if you want. please check out the link and donate if you want. to be honest my sister has been putting this on for years now and this is the first time i have donated so dont feel bad if u dont want to donate. i dont want to share a sad story and be "that guy" but my mother died in 1996 when i was 8 years old. and just trying to raise money for this is just something i do to look back on her with remembrance and grace.

so please if you will click on my name (Tony Quadros) and donate. if not thank you for your time and reading this.

http://makingstrides.acsevents.org/s...am&fr_id=36136

Last edited by CamaroRacing12; 09-15-2011 at 10:16 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great cause....to many women and families effected by breast cancer!
Old 09-09-2009, 04:14 PM
11 Second Club

thank you. and i def agree
Old 09-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Staging Lane

This thread should always be at the top way to many women and people are effected by this it needs to be made more aware..ttt for you and a great cause..my aunt had it also it's rough..goodluck to to and everyone else who has to go through it
Old 09-09-2009, 08:05 PM
11 Second Club

thankyou JP i dont remember every detail of it (since i was only 8 years old at the time) but i remember her being in pain, the constant trips into boston, spending a lot of time in the hospital, the constant shots, loss of hair, weakness, it was horrible seeing her like that.

thx again
Old 09-09-2009, 08:54 PM
Staging Lane

I know the feeling man..I was ant 14 when my aunt went through it and she survived but they removed her breast and to this day she still feels very awkward about it even around us it's a horrible thing that many people overlook
Old 09-09-2009, 09:35 PM
11 Second Club

yea im sorry man, thats awful its great she survived tho and she caught it in time. shes a very strong women for surviving, and she shouldnt feel awkward.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:46 PM
8 second mod

Tony, I made a donation on behalf of myself and my company. i saw your sisters total goal and she was $610. I wanted badly to make her goal happen, i wish times where better and i hope my donation helps get her to her goal and closer to finding a cure. please thank your sister for suporting this cause. I have no one in my family going through this (thank god) however i have many girls in my life from my mom, girlfriend, sister, 3 nieces and so on and because unselfish people like your sister do things like this, she could help save one of there lifes or some ones in the future.
good luck!!!

and I know times are hard, but everyone reading this can spare $5.00 for such a good cause. you could thank yourself in the future.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:24 PM
Self-Admitted Scammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how much goes to administration fees? i will send $20 or so, 20 bucks aint going to do **** for me anyway
Old 09-10-2009, 05:07 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Noyzee
Tony, I made a donation on behalf of myself and my company. i saw your sisters total goal and she was $610. I wanted badly to make her goal happen, i wish times where better and i hope my donation helps get her to her goal and closer to finding a cure.
Same here... but I matched the Essex County Crasftmen guys so she's a little closer.

I've had to watch too many people go through what your mother did and odds are it will happen to someone close to all of us at some point in our lives.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:11 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by ls2pontiac
how much goes to administration fees? i will send $20 or so, 20 bucks aint going to do **** for me anyway
if everyone looked at it like this then it would add up very fast. 20 bucks is 10 cups of coffe for a great cause like this, what is it to give up 10 cups of coffe and again i have no one suffering from it thank god, but if i did i sure would feel good about people helping out.

i give to pre mature baby walk for my girlfriend every year who without the help of this walk would not have a happy heathy nephew that she has today. we are thankfull for that and i will donate for life. i also give to the st judes children foundation because im so blessed to have 3 happy heathy nieces that didnt need there help, but millions do. good causes like this desirve what ever anyone can do, and i know tony and his family will be thankful to all.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:14 PM
Launching!

I donated for a good cause and i hope everyone else will too. If my 19 year old broke *** college student budget can afford to donate so can everyone else.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:19 PM
11 Second Club

wow brad man, that means a lot to me. i mean a whole lot. i sort of buried this subject in my life for a long time and finally i have broughten it back up, but in a good way. i want to thank you from the bottom of my heart brad, you truley are a great man, i have always thought that, but this is something else. thank you so much.

and thank you so much to everyone else who donated. or even took the time to read this. just the awarness is enough for me to thank people. thank you again everyone.

like i said i felt sort of guilty posting this "asking for money" and i want to thank you all for being so kind and generous especially in such a difficult economic time. thank you again
Old 09-10-2009, 09:44 PM
11 Second Club

honestly guys u didnt have to donate that much! thank you so much! im overwhelmed by the generosity you guys r truley amazing people.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:32 PM
8 second mod

She will make her goal without question. and for a great cause.

come on guys just a few more donations.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

and you have your goal. great idea posting it on here. i always give to the american cancer society and salvation army, im happy to give the money in your mother's honor.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:33 PM
11 Second Club

thank you so much Bill. all of you guys you really are amazing. just goes to show the generosity and care the car enthusiet community has to offer. we arn't just a bunch of grease monkeys after all..... ok well we r grease monkeys, just grease monkey's with heart.

thank you again

ps. i wish my mother was still around to see this! she was never a huge fan of how much i loved fast cars when i was little because she knew i would end up in one (even if it is a LT1 lol). she was nervous i'd get hurt and it would be a bad atmoshere. i wish she could see this she would fall in love with the community and i dn i just really think she would be so amazed by all this. personally im really wowed by this, guys i cant say it enough im amazed thank you so much. thank you

Last edited by CamaroRacing12; 09-11-2009 at 07:39 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:06 PM
8 second mod

just checked and i see she hit her goal. next year she should set it higher!!
Old 09-13-2009, 08:45 PM
11 Second Club

i think orginally she had it set at $600 but once i donated and posted this she set it higher cuz she hit $600 within an hour lol. but definetly will prolly set it at $1500 or so. we did raise a lot of money this year tho. im surprised. thx again guys
Old 09-15-2011, 12:19 PM
11 Second Club

bumping this up because me and my sister are doing it again this year. you guys were the best last year and donated the most out of anyone. the link is updated to the new donation site. just click on my name Tony Quadros to donate in my behalf. thanks again guys

Quick Reply: My mother's breast cancer donation site.