Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

How would you react in this situation

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 11:40 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
does not mean a basketball star who ended his career 10 years ago and does undershirt commertials now is more popular than the highest paid Formula1 driver, who drives for the most famous name in all of motor racing.
Kimi drives for Porsche?

Not to send this 'already off on a tangent' thread further off on yet another tangent but it is truly debatable as to whether or not Ferrari is the most famous name in motor racing.
In F1, absolutely, but in motor racing overall it could (but not necessarily) very well be considered Porsche (ie: LeMans, International GT racing, IMSA, Daytona, Sebring etc.)
Old 11-04-2009, 12:09 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I thought Mazda (sorry, I'm laughing already) claimed to have more of it's cars raced every weekend than any other make.

Sorry, I just had to laugh... I need a good laugh today.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:11 PM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Who is quoting Wikipedia? If you want to quote numbers then quote numbers, F1 has generated billions more in revenue then the NBA. F1 racing does this while have 90% less events then the NBA. For the 100’s of games and all the people they bring it they sure aren’t showing the revenue. Asia? Yea exactly, Asia is where ALL of the F1 growth is, that part of the WORLD is catering to F1 racing hand and foot because it brings in so much money.

Basketball, give me a break. Yea they're making tons of money.....you believe that while they endorse cereal, PowerAde and 3.00 t-shirts and let F1 keep playing with Ferrari's and wrist watches that cost more than both of your cars combined.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The last Fuji race had to limit how many people could attend from 140,000 to 110,000.

Yea Jordan could of def got 140,000 people to come to a game.........................
Old 11-04-2009, 12:40 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Joe "Preachers Sheets" DIESO
Who is quoting Wikipedia? If you want to quote numbers then quote numbers, F1 has generated billions more in revenue then the NBA. F1 racing does this while have 90% less events then the NBA. For the 100’s of games and all the people they bring it they sure aren’t showing the revenue. Asia? Yea exactly, Asia is where ALL of the F1 growth is, that part of the WORLD is catering to F1 racing hand and foot because it brings in so much money.

Basketball, give me a break. Yea they're making tons of money.....you believe that while they endorse cereal, PowerAde and 3.00 t-shirts and let F1 keep playing with Ferrari's and wrist watches that cost more than both of your cars combined.
We were talking about popularity, not dollars and cents. But the highest paid nba player (lebron) is right on par with the highest paid f1 driver, atleast according to forbes.

But this wasn't a convo about $
Old 11-04-2009, 12:42 PM
11 Second Club

Ps - you guys get butthurt easy as hell. Lol
Old 11-04-2009, 01:09 PM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by NOTFAST
We were talking about popularity, not dollars and cents. But the highest paid nba player (lebron) is right on par with the highest paid f1 driver, atleast according to forbes.

How is $38Mil on par with $51Mil?

Ps - you guys get butthurt easy as hell. Lol
No one is but hurt, if anything most of these guys bust on me non stop when I argue in favor of Formula1.

This time, they are on my side because you are simply wrong sir.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:13 PM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Kimi drives for Porsche?

Not to send this 'already off on a tangent' thread further off on yet another tangent but it is truly debatable as to whether or not Ferrari is the most famous name in motor racing.
In F1, absolutely, but in motor racing overall it could (but not necessarily) very well be considered Porsche (ie: LeMans, International GT racing, IMSA, Daytona, Sebring etc.)
I think its safe to say Ferrari is the most famous sname im motor racing. Ferrari won plenty of GT races, many LeMans races and so on.

Porche is a great name, sure. But so is Auto-Union. I would even place Auto-Union above Porche when it comes to famous names in racing.

The word alone send douche-chills down my spine lol F-R-R-A-R-I ooooooooooooooooo

I want to go to Maranello more than a muslim wants to go to Mecca lol
Old 11-04-2009, 01:55 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I
The word alone send douche-chills down my spine lol F-R-R-A-R-I ooooooooooooooooo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j5m2FuFC48&feature=fvw

Sorry I had to!! I'm just laughing through this whole thread!
Old 11-04-2009, 02:22 PM
CARTEK Racing

you tube blocked at work
Old 11-04-2009, 03:28 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

you tube blocked at work
Aww! It was just the Ferrari scene from Fast and the Furious. I figured the way he says "Ferrari" would give you a good dose of douche-chills!
Old 11-04-2009, 03:32 PM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by Tracer X
Aww! It was just the Ferrari scene from Fast and the Furious. I figured the way he says "Ferrari" would give you a good dose of douche-chills!
not when that douche bag says it lol
Old 11-04-2009, 03:34 PM
10 Second Club

Talking

Exactly! LOL, that guy in 'Fast and Furious' is exactly what many think of when they picture the stereotypical (American) Ferrari, or even high dollar Porsche, owner.
Though in all fairness, that's not really a proper assumption for one to make as some people's image of the stereotypical F-body owner is very often far from the truth as well.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:18 PM
Staging Lane

The losing side of an argument tends to move off the original subject to something more favorable to them. Take it as a compliment.