Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Out with the old....In with the New!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 08:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikep2002
I dont know if you would want to hit the track with us we have way to much fun.... And alot of ball busting in great fun....
Ok Mr not racing at a racetrack near you soon
Old 02-27-2010, 11:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Frans96SS
Yes and if it wasnt for me the warrenty company would have told him to **** off like they tried to.
when he had that car trailered down to your shop their was NO warrenty on that vette, I was the one that brought it down that night,remember, we sat their chatting about many different motor combinations for justin........this says lots about a certain shops true credibility
Old 02-28-2010, 08:55 AM

DiabloFormula, I'm sure you mentioned it, but I'm not reading through all these pages, haha. What size shot are you running? I have been debating between a bottle heater or spending the extra for the NANO. I've only run a 100 shot mostly, with a 125 hit a couple times. With my new setup I'm looking to go to a 150, but I'm not sure if that low of a shot will see much gain with the NANO ET/MPH wise. I do like the idea of using the entire bottle before running out though.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
DiabloFormula, I'm sure you mentioned it, but I'm not reading through all these pages, haha. What size shot are you running? I have been debating between a bottle heater or spending the extra for the NANO. I've only run a 100 shot mostly, with a 125 hit a couple times. With my new setup I'm looking to go to a 150, but I'm not sure if that low of a shot will see much gain with the NANO ET/MPH wise. I do like the idea of using the entire bottle before running out though.
I don't blame ya lol, I'm still running 150 jets and ran the times in my sig on the heater, I do plan on upping the shot to a 200 sometime this season, and yes even if there isn't a real big gain on the nano on a smaller shot the fact of being able to consistantly use the bottle till its empty pays for itself.

Just a little math here for everyone.....even if I filled my bottle every month for $40 for a 10 year period it ends up being $4800, which is still less then any boosted application that would amount to the same or more power.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:05 AM
Staging Lane

One of the bigger gains of the nano is on the full bottle that loses head pressure quickly. It will be consistent on the whole bottle, plus you'll get more out of each bottle ! Eventually, I will add a dual system in my ride !!!
Old 02-28-2010, 10:56 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DiabloFormula
I don't blame ya lol, I'm still running 150 jets and ran the times in my sig on the heater, I do plan on upping the shot to a 200 sometime this season, and yes even if there isn't a real big gain on the nano on a smaller shot the fact of being able to consistantly use the bottle till its empty pays for itself.

Just a little math here for everyone.....even if I filled my bottle every month for $40 for a 10 year period it ends up being $4800, which is still less then any boosted application that would amount to the same or more power.
Hey sweetheart!!!! Your forgetting about some important stuff there. Even if I filled my blower for 10 years it would cost me how much? Oh thats right doesnt cost anything to fill a huffer... How much gas do I have to burn to drive and get my huffer filled somewhere special? How often do I have to deal with changing the bottle in my huffer? And how often can I use my huffer with having to stop and get a bottle filled. Thats right I never need to fill a ******* bottle... My power is always one right foot away..
Old 02-28-2010, 11:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mikep2002
Hey sweetheart!!!! Your forgetting about some important stuff there. Even if I filled my blower for 10 years it would cost me how much? Oh thats right doesnt cost anything to fill a huffer... How much gas do I have to burn to drive and get my huffer filled somewhere special? How often do I have to deal with changing the bottle in my huffer? And how often can I use my huffer with having to stop and get a bottle filled. Thats right I never need to fill a ******* bottle... My power is always one right foot away..
Thats the point I was making, BETTER BANG FOR THE BUCK!!!, nitrous wins everytime, and for us nitrous guys we don't mind getting a bottles filled, thats why we have nitrous and not some $5-6000+ blower built car. Also, whats nice about nitrous setups are not only can we run nitrous when ever you want we can also run N/A unlike a boosted application....if I want to run a 400 hp cam only car in N/A mode, I can and still feel good about walking all over them and then without even leaving the seat, push a little button and here comes an extra 150-200hp and almost double TQ. Oh ya, your right the power is always there with your huffer...............HENCE YOUR TRACTION PLOBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!

What good is all that power when you can't even put it to the ground, and as far as I'm concerned wasted power is wasted money....., so it looks like we both have our ways of wasting funds on our cars.

SWEETHEART

Last edited by DiabloFormula; 02-28-2010 at 01:16 PM.
Old 02-28-2010, 01:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

don't stop now guys was looking forward to page 12!
Old 02-28-2010, 01:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by stevo92z28
don't stop now guys was looking forward to page 12!
Don't worry man, I'm sure MikeP won't let us all down.
Old 02-28-2010, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well you walked into this one dumbass!!!!!!
Bottle filled 1 time a month ok sure you are only gonna run one time a month and on the street for 3years average owner ship $1440.00 and you know youre gonna use more.
Initial base kits are $699.00
Add purge, bottle heater or nano or both,window switch and or 2step,2nd or 3rd bottle, oh you want to go big shot well lets get a standalone fuel system, lets get some different jets, crap need to rebuild the noids... so lets send them out, damn i hate going back to open that bottle... hmmm i'm gonna get me a remote bottle opener... yeah thats the ticket.... damn i need more nitrous... i know lets get a fogger kit. Yup that'll do her real nice. Just a minor investment for 3years of getting 300hp out of her over my 400rwhp NA car at the small investment of nearly $6800.00 for a average of these things. So now i'm tired of this crap, i'm selling the car. How much can I lose to sell the nitrous stuff now? Hmmmm I bet I can get almost $2800-3200 for it all. Not such the case with the supercharger.

With all that said I'm a fan a nitrous and no i'm not kidding The initial cost is low but to make it safe, reliable with the proper things in place and able to run as much as you like as often as you like safely it starts adding up REAL FAST!!!! I've only had 3 nitrous cars and enjoyed them all. I also had 2 supercharged cars and I honestly liked them more but for the low cost and simplicity of install and initial cost with a easy to remove from the car item and can run NA and nitrous it appeals to me. If superchargers were lower cost by say $1-2k i wouldnt say that.

With that said Diablowme is still gonna be slow this year!
Old 02-28-2010, 02:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Zturd
Well you walked into this one dumbass!!!!!!
Bottle filled 1 time a month ok sure you are only gonna run one time a month and on the street for 3years average owner ship $1440.00 and you know youre gonna use more.
Initial base kits are $699.00
Add purge, bottle heater or nano or both,window switch and or 2step,2nd or 3rd bottle, oh you want to go big shot well lets get a standalone fuel system, lets get some different jets, crap need to rebuild the noids... so lets send them out, damn i hate going back to open that bottle... hmmm i'm gonna get me a remote bottle opener... yeah thats the ticket.... damn i need more nitrous... i know lets get a fogger kit. Yup that'll do her real nice. Just a minor investment for 3years of getting 300hp out of her over my 400rwhp NA car at the small investment of nearly $6800.00 for a average of these things. So now i'm tired of this crap, i'm selling the car. How much can I lose to sell the nitrous stuff now? Hmmmm I bet I can get almost $2800-3200 for it all. Not such the case with the supercharger.

With all that said I'm a fan a nitrous and no i'm not kidding The initial cost is low but to make it safe, reliable with the proper things in place and able to run as much as you like as often as you like safely it starts adding up REAL FAST!!!! I've only had 3 nitrous cars and enjoyed them all. I also had 2 supercharged cars and I honestly liked them more but for the low cost and simplicity of install and initial cost with a easy to remove from the car item and can run NA and nitrous it appeals to me. If superchargers were lower cost by say $1-2k i wouldnt say that.

With that said Diablowme is still gonna be slow this year!
I'm the dumbass......have you been reading the posts??? The mainpoint here was the filling of the bottle on a regular basis...dippy, and last I checked I think I probably filled my bottle maybe 4-5 times last year, so that 4800 was based on alot more then your average street/strip user is most likly going to use, purge....bottle heater.....you kidding me, you can get both for less then $100 or each used for less then $100, now the Nano...ya I will admit that is on the pricey side, but to start most will go for the heater because of the cost involved. If you running nitrous why the heck would you send your noids out to be rebuilt....do them yourself if your that involved in the whole nitrous thing.

Most plate kits will support a 200 shot or MORE, and you can go dry for even less with exception to injectors and run the same amount.....ask Robert56...

With that said Ziturd, you'll still not going to run 10's!!!!!
Old 02-28-2010, 03:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thats funny you want to buy used nitrous parts but you keep quoted a new supercharger kit? Feeling the stupidity coming over you or something?
Old 02-28-2010, 03:06 PM
9 Second Club

I`m the dumbass......
Go Figure by god I think he has got it!!!!
Old 02-28-2010, 03:14 PM
9 Second Club

Serious Diablo, I sold my old p1sc1 kit for 3K. I had the unit completely gone through and refreshed by procharger. And I picked up a complete twin intercooler setup for 200 with all the piping. Was a nice investtment for someone who was thinking about spending the money on nitrous. And they would never had to fill a bottle and could enjoy the power all they wanted talking perma-grin not a 10 second smile.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Zturd
Thats funny you want to buy used nitrous parts but you keep quoted a new supercharger kit? Feeling the stupidity coming over you or something?
Did I not quote new prices for stuff, nothing wrong with used nitrous parts, I have a few for sale.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

WOW! That took a while to read through.

MikeP - I still love you man.

Zturd - I think my truck will beat your car into the 10's this year or blow up trying. LOL

Diablo - Good luck hitting 9's with the 6 speed this year. The auto dropped me a full second so far and I haven't got it to hook yet. I understand Mike wanting to stay stick but you would be really happy with a big stalled auto. I didn't think I would like it either but a big stall is fun as hell on the street too except for the **** gas mileage. Come to the dark side with me and Dan and get that thing in the 9's.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:30 PM

I'm still trying to figure out if mikep2002 is just talking crap in a good natured kind of way or if he's really the douche he's coming across as here
Old 02-28-2010, 06:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2ktransam
WOW! That took a while to read through.

MikeP - I still love you man.

Zturd - I think my truck will beat your car into the 10's this year or blow up trying. LOL

Diablo - Good luck hitting 9's with the 6 speed this year. The auto dropped me a full second so far and I haven't got it to hook yet. I understand Mike wanting to stay stick but you would be really happy with a big stalled auto. I didn't think I would like it either but a big stall is fun as hell on the street too except for the **** gas mileage. Come to the dark side with me and Dan and get that thing in the 9's.
I know an auto will nothing but help me at the track, but man I'm addicted to this 6 speed...lol.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey I bought my D1 kit for $3k the only thing I have to refill is my Meth tank and I still have half of the 5 gal jug I bought at the beginning of last season. And that 5 gal was only $36

Also you said turn on and turn off the power well mine is only push of the gas pedal away.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
I'm still trying to figure out if mikep2002 is just talking crap in a good natured kind of way or if he's really the douche he's coming across as here
If you ever meet the P in person you will realize he is just joking around. Just like if you ever meet Zturd you will realize that he really is an ***

Quick Reply: Out with the old....In with the New!!!