Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Mcnabb out

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 09:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mcnabb out

Finally Mcnabb is gone. Good luck with him Redskins.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:47 PM
Launching!

I'm curious to see how the Washington fans will react... They have a quarterback they hated for 11 years lol. Ahh well just keeps making the NFC East more exciting.

FWIW I am a Gaints fan but watch the NFL Network like a crackhead lol
Old 04-05-2010, 06:11 AM
9 Second Club

He went to the Redskins?? I thought he was going to the Raiders.
Can't believe Philly let him go to a division rival, that's very odd.
Another reason for Philly fans to be upset and I don't blame them.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:31 AM
Launching!

Yeah and Washington didnt really give up much... a 2010 2nd round pick and a 2011 3rd or 4th rd pick... not much.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:22 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by tektrans
He went to the Redskins?? I thought he was going to the Raiders.
Can't believe Philly let him go to a division rival, that's very odd.
Another reason for Philly fans to be upset and I don't blame them.
yeah...thats kinda strange but in the end, Washington was willing to give up more than anyone else was offering so it made sense to the Eagles. they also dont feel that Washington is an immediate threat in the division like the Cowboys and Giants are.

Originally Posted by HMFDZ28
Yeah and Washington didnt really give up much... a 2010 2nd round pick and a 2011 3rd or 4th rd pick... not much.
Not much?? 2nd round pick 37th overall is huge for a 34yr old QB. he has maybe another year or 2 including the lockout year. hell play this year, next year will be a lock out year so when we get back to it the following year he'll be 36 going on 37...thats ofcourse is he doesnt get hurt...again.

my take on it....both teams will benefit from it. Eagles move on to the next chapter with Kolb at the helm and the Deadskins finally get a decent QB to run that desaster of a Team they have.

I love Mcnabb. allways have, allways will. the Eagles wouldnt have been as good as they have been the last decade without him...but with that said, i also know that we'll never win a superbowl with him and im glad to see him move on. i had hoped that he would go to another team with a chance to win a superbowl before he retires but i dont wish that anymore. this season should be pretty interesting...especially the 2 games vs Washington...cant wait!!
Old 04-05-2010, 07:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

McNabb was one of the reasons we made it to so many playoff appearances. I'm not saying he single handed took us there but he is a future hall of famer QB.

I think this change is good. McNabb doesn't have the "drive" to help the Eagles anymore. I feel as though the main reason the Saint's won the superbowl last year was because of Brees's talent to bring his team together moreso than his natural athletic ability.

Think back to when Garcia came into a few games a couple of years ago. I think it was the end of the season or the beginning of the playoffs. You could see the team morale lifted and they seemed to all play better together because as a team motivator, Garcia was better than McNabb.

Give them a couple of years to rebuild. I'm sure this trade will help more than it will hurt the Eagles.

Anyways........................GO PHILLIES!!!!!! Opening day 2010 baby
Old 04-05-2010, 08:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

im sad honestly, i have been a donavan fan from day one. I remember going to a game 11yrs ago when everytime the eagles got the ball, doug peterson would come out and the fans would booo. I agree that he didnt get the super bowl, but i look at it this way, who would we rather have? QBs before him....doug peterson, ty detmer, bobby hoying, rodney peete....hands down better than anyof them. Tan look at the qbs that the eagles could of drafted but didnt..........cade mcnown, akkilis smith...ect.

Though he is 33, i still fear those two games a year now more than ever. We always have some sort of issues with the skins,now boot that terrible qb out for 5, yea we are going to have some issues

And FYI, Reid said he didnt worry about going in the division b/c he was thinking about the eagles first...and not where 5 was going....

If i go to a game this year, i hope its vs the skins so i can give donavan a standing ovation, sp, for what he did.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:01 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im a HUGE Redskins fan, so I'm kinda pissed, but at the saame time looking forward to seeing how well he'll do. It's kinda like when Deion Sanders came over to the the skins. anyways, i was kinda hoping we would pick up sam bradford in the draft, but i guess that just went down the drain.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:44 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We are waiting on Farve, which IMO he will be back. Nothing shows that the Vikes can get any serious QB in the draft and if ANYTHING, they need to trade. Considering the offensive tools, Brett is still a great fit and should see him back.

My worries is if he decides to bail, who will go in there. T. Jackson is already out and there is only a 2nd stringer left so this will be interesting.

Sorry for your loss.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:33 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm just pissed that the f'n eagles did this on the eve of opening day. It's a clear attempt to try and hold on to some of the attention in the city. The day's of Philly being a football city is coming to an end and the Eagles ownership knows it.
Just wait till they no longer sell out home games and you get blackout games.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
I'm just pissed that the f'n eagles did this on the eve of opening day. It's a clear attempt to try and hold on to some of the attention in the city. The day's of Philly being a football city is coming to an end and the Eagles ownership knows it.
im not sure the blackout will happen b/c im pretty sure we still did fairly well with attendance when we sucked in the 90s but i agree...phils are in their prime with the badass team they have...let them have their day damnit!
Old 04-05-2010, 02:20 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

It might not happen this year, but wait till they have 2-3 losing seasons in a row. Even better, wait till the Redskins finish ahead of the Eagles.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It might not happen this year, but wait till they have 2-3 losing seasons in a row. Even better, wait till the Redskins finish ahead of the Eagles.
Its all about the fans man. Perfect example is the Browns. They don't call that place the Dogpit for nothing, there fans are ******* crazy and the team sucks. I mean they'll do good one year then suck the next 2 or 3.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:52 PM
11 Second Club

have you been listening to the philly sports talk radio stations?? lol, thats all they've been saying...i dont beleive that though. Philly is a "sports" town period. naturally since the Phillies have been clearly the best team in town the past 3 years it makes it feel like more of a baseball town than anything. but remember back when the Sixers went to the Championship....Football took a back seat to them aswell. likewise when the Eagles finally made the superbowl, nothing else mattered that year. Eagles still sell out every sunday so i doubt there will be any black outs. now let them go 2-14 back to back years than you may have a point...lol...but i dont see that happening any time soon...i hope.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

hes going to get his *** kicked being on that shitty team lol. mcnabb was a good QB but couldnt get it done. its also time for andy reid to go.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:37 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
hes going to get his *** kicked being on that shitty team lol. mcnabb was a good QB but couldnt get it done. its also time for andy reid to go.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

mcnabb will go as far as his skill players/oline will allow him...shitty line + good QB= crappy result...so even if donavan has statisically the best year of his career, that aint going to matter if he has 1-2 seconds to get the ball out of his hands b/c the o line absolutely suck.

I still feel the skins will be a 8-8 or 9-7 team because of lack of Oline and recievers.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:01 PM
12 Second Club

I love how everyone puts the blame on McNabb for not winning a SB. What is a QB's job? Throw the ball to open receivers. How many good receivers did he have to throw to? How many offensive weapons? Westbrook... Maybe Smith for like 2 seasons... One year w/ TO and you see what he did. This was not McNabbs fault, it was the ownerships fault he never brought a Championship to this town... He finally starts to get some weapons and we ship him out of town. Oh, and we throw our O-Line out the window the same year. Yea, ALL McNabbs fault...

I seriously hate being a Philly fan sometimes... You people need to get real and look at the sport for real. Where the real problems stem from. Its always ownership...

Personally I'm boycotting the Eagles this year. I won't pull out one piece of apparel this year... So I'm praying they don't win the SB. Because Ill be at the parade w/ my Asshat on...
Old 04-05-2010, 08:02 PM
Launching!

I wouldnt be surprized if the Skins still tried to pick up Bradford... They are already saying Campbell will be let go on, and Bradford wont be ready this year. But I deff agree that the skins seriously need to pick up some OL Tackles... Your OL is terrible and they are gonna have to protect Ye ol aging QB if they wanna get 3-5 years outta him (barring injuries).

On a note I am not diggin whats goin on with the Giants this off-season, other then picking up Rolle. We picked up 2 safeties and we need linebackers and DL like a mother. Ahh well maybe a rough year for the Big Blue.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by llorracs93s10
mcnabb will go as far as his skill players/oline will allow him...shitty line + good QB= crappy result...so even if donavan has statisically the best year of his career, that aint going to matter if he has 1-2 seconds to get the ball out of his hands b/c the o line absolutely suck.

I still feel the skins will be a 8-8 or 9-7 team because of lack of Oline and recievers.
I 100% agree with ya here.. I do wish they would have let him atleast finish his last year as an Eagle and option from there whether or not to he will move on or possibly just retire as an Eagle... its like Joe Montana and Bret Farve all over again.