Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Jeep Hemi Tuners???

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 08:01 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeep Hemi Tuners???

I'm buying a jeep with a hemi and i'm wondering if anyone can tune these to get a little more fuel mileage out of it? It's an 2007 if that matters.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:21 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SmurfLSX
I'm buying a jeep with a hemi and i'm wondering if anyone can tune these to get a little more fuel mileage out of it? It's an 2007 if that matters.
We just got diablo sport. We can tune them. Its not too cheap though bc you need to buy the predator with it.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:25 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I almost bought a hemi jeep and couldn't pull the trigger cause of the crap mileage. Recommend 89 octane and get like 12mpg, I liked the vehicle but the mpg would kill me. Plus my luck with spark plugs and coil packs told me not to buy a motor with 16 spark plugs, lol.

A CAI and catback would give you back some, but then you just keep your foot in it. The predator is a good tool for what it is. But I wouldn't expect good mpg from a jeep even with a tune. If you can deal with the shitty mileage I think they are cool trucks.

If you hold out you can wait for the new jeep coming out this year and get the new v6, that makes like 80hp over the current one and gets decent mileage. Air ride ground control and all kinds of stuff, plus it looks even better inside/out.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DannoWS6
I almost bought a hemi jeep and couldn't pull the trigger cause of the crap mileage. Recommend 89 octane and get like 12mpg, I liked the vehicle but the mpg would kill me. Plus my luck with spark plugs and coil packs told me not to buy a motor with 16 spark plugs, lol.

A CAI and catback would give you back some, but then you just keep your foot in it. The predator is a good tool for what it is. But I wouldn't expect good mpg from a jeep even with a tune. If you can deal with the shitty mileage I think they are cool trucks.

If you hold out you can wait for the new jeep coming out this year and get the new v6, that makes like 80hp over the current one and gets decent mileage. Air ride ground control and all kinds of stuff, plus it looks even better inside/out.
It's the 5.7 hemi not the 6.1(or is it 6.2?).It gets 15 city 20 highway but i'm buying it from a family member CHEAP so i can't complain. Is there any forums for these vehicles? Fran approximately how many mpg's would I pick up with the diablo? Have you ever heard of the SCT Tuners?
Old 04-28-2010, 01:38 PM
11 Second Club

It's the 5.7 hemi not the 6.1(or is it 6.2?).It gets 15 city 20 highway but i'm buying it from a family member CHEAP so i can't complain. Is there any forums for these vehicles? Fran approximately how many mpg's would I pick up with the diablo? Have you ever heard of the SCT Tuners?
Yeah thats the jeep I'm talking about, 5.7 limited.

If your getting a good deal though rock on. It will suck for MPG though, You might avg 15 if you drive like grandma. There are TONS of jeep forums all over the place. Make sure you change the diff fluid every 30k too as recommended. In a GC I'd be hard pressed to think a tune would get you much more than 1mpg, but I really don't know for sure.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DannoWS6
Yeah thats the jeep I'm talking about, 5.7 limited.

If your getting a good deal though rock on. It will suck for MPG though, You might avg 15 if you drive like grandma. There are TONS of jeep forums all over the place. Make sure you change the diff fluid every 30k too as recommended. In a GC I'd be hard pressed to think a tune would get you much more than 1mpg, but I really don't know for sure.
Do you know the forums off hand? I found but they haven't had posts in 2 years.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

15city and 20 highway isnt too bad... i get 15.8 mixed on my 04 w/4.7L... The 6.1 srt's are getting 10-12mpg on 91+ octane on a good day... I want one of those for my daily but 10-12mpg is pretty rough
Old 04-28-2010, 10:04 PM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Cartek Racing (www.cartek.net) has been tuning Mopar/Hemi cars for roughly two full years now with some great success as well. Among the many of them are Bill's heads and cam Magnum SRT-8 running low low 11s and Julian's Challenger R/T 5.7L bolt ons only car is running low 12s but you're seeking increased fuel economy over performance of course which shouldn't be a problem either.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:34 AM
11 Second Club

Do you know the forums off hand? I found but they haven't had posts in 2 years.
www.jeepsunlimited.com
www.nagca.com
www.cherokeeforum.com
www.jeepforum.com

Those hemis are thirsty behind a big awd vehicle. I would have got one but mpg was my number one concern with those. (I drive a lot).
Old 04-29-2010, 01:29 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Cartek Racing (www.cartek.net) has been tuning Mopar/Hemi cars for roughly two full years now with some great success as well. Among the many of them are Bill's heads and cam Magnum SRT-8 running low low 11s and Julian's Challenger R/T 5.7L bolt ons only car is running low 12s but you're seeking increased fuel economy over performance of course which shouldn't be a problem either.
+1

On my Hemi Ram, I used a Superchips Cortex. Amazing. Can do custom tunes but I choose between the Towing, 91 Performance, & MileageXS. I pick up about 10% with the mileage tune. The Performance tune is worth it's weight in gold for how much it helps the trans tuning. 1000000000% better.

They update the tunes online frequently.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anyone know if they make handheld tuners for the 2004 grand cherokee 4.7L
Old 04-30-2010, 10:23 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1RawTA
Does anyone know if they make handheld tuners for the 2004 grand cherokee 4.7L
Yes. Thats what we do. We use diablo which comes with a predator tuner.

Quick Reply: Jeep Hemi Tuners???