Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Capitol Raceway this Friday July 2nd who's in???

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dschmittie1
I think he is just pissed that he got the boot. The Tech guy thought the other faster black C6Z had a roll bar in it. And that the 2 guys in the Evo's one going 11.3 and the other going 10.6 with no roll bar didn't get the boot.
That was funny when he told me to go look at that guys bar. It was on the tippity tip of my tongue and I bit it and said yeah I should do that. I dont get it.... they nail corvettes down there like crazy but honda civics down there with gutted interiors no bars running in the lower 11's, EVO's in the mid 10's, old junk camaro's with no bars in the low 10's and yet I'm the one booted with a 11.1x's after 2 passes! Pissed. nooo J/K I can't its the rules I know but damn. There would be no one racing if the rules went to EVERY single car.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:27 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Zturd
That was funny when he told me to go look at that guys bar. It was on the tippity tip of my tongue and I bit it and said yeah I should do that. I dont get it.... they nail corvettes down there like crazy but honda civics down there with gutted interiors no bars running in the lower 11's, EVO's in the mid 10's, old junk camaro's with no bars in the low 10's and yet I'm the one booted with a 11.1x's after 2 passes! Pissed. nooo J/K I can't its the rules I know but damn. There would be no one racing if the rules went to EVERY single car.
Polyvinyl chloride, Krylon rattle can, foam pipe insulation
Old 07-01-2010, 03:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Orange car + Blue tape, i don't think the colors are your favor. Plus you guys push the limits like every other week at cecil. They have just had enough is my guess.

Sending you a PM now about friday.

BTW capitol is NHRA sanctioned, supposed to be more strict then IHRA. Just tell them it runs high 11s and hope they don't watch like a hawk.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Teching In

^ I tried that once and it didn't work. I told them my Focus ran mid-14s. They believed me at tech but after I made one pass at 13.5, they pulled me off and said I had to find a helmet if I wanted to run again. Fortunately, a friend there let me borrow his.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:32 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fireball

OEM safety equipment is designed for traditional speed impact, not 130+ mph impacts into jersey walls...or if you get staged up against a 3000 hp monster that may make a unplanned right turn into your path.
So how does that left turn work when fireball is down the track on Friday night racing next to a prius? Should that prius have the 28.8 cert since its on the track with you? And how does that left turn work when the big dodge dually is racing the ford focus. Which one of those should have have the big cage for the impact? Well its good thing the NHRA is looking out for Fireballs safety and not the other peoples.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:07 PM
11 Second Club

Capital blows horse ****.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:17 PM
TECH Regular

Long story short...don't expect capitol to turn a blind eye to your lack of safety equipment...maybe 75/80 will...who knows.
I can attest to this. 2 years ago, they wouldnt let me run because my helmet didnt have a snell rating sticker on it, but one look at the helmet would tell you it was perfectly safe....
Old 07-01-2010, 08:35 PM
11 Second Club

Capitol sucks donkeys ***.......my car never hooks up there,best my car has went there was 11:90. ran at capital on a friday night car went 12:00 on M/T DR the next day went to MIR it was hot as hell (around 95F) my first pass was a 11:60..... best advice i can give is run with the lases with the cars with slicks and you will have a better chance of not blowing the tires off
Ohh and be prepaired to maybe get 2 or 3 runs in all night
Old 07-01-2010, 08:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 288 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by mikep2002
Looks like I am going to capital on Friday....
Good Luck with that. I saw a post the other day with you comparing Cecil to MIR and Atco...You think Cecil's track prep is bad, then evidently you ain't seen a shitty track yet, run by a bunch of inbred morons...lol.

Originally Posted by 1SweetSS
Capitol sucks donkeys ***.......my car never hooks up there,best my car has went there was 11:90. ran at capital on a friday night car went 12:00 on M/T DR the next day went to MIR it was hot as hell (around 95F) my first pass was a 11:60..... best advice i can give is run with the lases with the cars with slicks and you will have a better chance of not blowing the tires off
Ohh and be prepaired to maybe get 2 or 3 runs in all night
Hey Jeff, I had the same luck with that car.
CRAPitol was 3/10ths slower than Cecil OR MIR for me with your new/my old Camaro. That car is, and has always been VERY consistent, so it wasn't just a fluke...
Old 07-01-2010, 09:14 PM
9 Second Club

[QUOTE=rel3rd;13546359]Good Luck with that. I saw a post the other day with you comparing Cecil to MIR and Atco...You think Cecil's track prep is bad, then evidently you ain't seen a shitty track yet, run by a bunch of inbred morons...lol
[QUOTE]
Cecil prep was never bad for test and tunes. And you know what your getting on Friday night at Cecil. I just think the place is a crappy facillity. For as much as that **** poor owner makes overthere be nice to see him put some into the track. And not only into the track but the facility in general.

I dont have a problem watching the local trailor trash walking around showing their *******. Hell I am all for that. That doesnt bother me one bit. And I dont expect much grip. Just going to have some fun. Not expecting to run any kind of a number. Hell its July... November is for numbers.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:18 AM
10 Second Club

Unhappy

capital will ride you VERY VERY hard about safety equipment...one of the stricter tracks I've seen.
Long story short...don't expect capitol to turn a blind eye to your lack of safety equipment...
Damn, I thought maybe they'd be a little more lenient than the average Northeastern track, with everyone claiming it to be a semi backwoods/ghetto sort of place and all.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:58 AM
Staging Lane

You all should quit whining and come to 75-80. Its an IHRA track and you will fly threw tech. They dont even ask me to pop the hood. He just writes on the numbers and your good to go. If you get there early enough you can get alot of runs in but it kinda varys each week. I hate Crapitol.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

whats the elevation of 75-80? Have they figured out how to work the tree, the timing boards, do decent track prep, give some sort of stopping room, pave the return road and the pitts so you dont get a flat?
Old 07-02-2010, 06:30 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Rare99SS
You all should quit whining and come to 75-80.
I'd rather drive my car down the in-progress construction lanes of 222 than go to that place again. Biggest waste of time ever.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:50 AM
11 Second Club

whats the elevation of 75-80? Have they figured out how to work the tree, the timing boards, do decent track prep, give some sort of stopping room, pave the return road and the pitts so you dont get a flat?
Ive never been to 75/80 but dont expect too much from Captial either.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NOTFAST
Capital blows horse ****.
So you're coming right??????
Old 07-02-2010, 09:10 AM
Staging Lane

Elevation is i think 580ft. Just got a brand new LED tree. Havnt been to many timing problems this year. Track prep is decent, not the best in the world but good enough. There is enough stopping room. And half of the pits have fresh pavement.

Originally Posted by YeloFevr
I'd rather drive my car down the in-progress construction lanes of 222 than go to that place again. Biggest waste of time ever.
Have you been there since they have reopened. Alot has changed. Capitol is worse.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:02 PM
Launching!

you could've kept your old vette and raced all you wanted...

maybe you should buy this
www.gtechpro.com

at least it doesn't require you to have any safety headaches like a rollbar, helmet when its hot, etc.
This is my method I've suggested to him - Xbox 360 + Forza Motorsport 3 lol.

Have at it Brucifer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbRjcl_zTWs
Old 07-02-2010, 08:38 PM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Decent air at Capitol this evening, expecting some 10s from the orange tampon.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:06 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Decent air at Capitol this evening, expecting some 10s from the orange tampon.
Lol. And its sounding like Crapital gives a crap about bars