Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

LS7 came out to play.. as usual! Mexican mile style!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS7 came out to play.. as usual! Mexican mile style!

So we go out the local Sonic meet and theres a bunch of imports and non mexican mile running vehicles but nice cars though. So tried to stir up a run with a 1995 Nissan Skyline right hand drive with a nice single turbo,exhaust, rear wheel drive 5spd car. However she wasnt tuned so it was a no go. C5Kid came out and checked out my car to check for any knock or detonation feeling etc. Car seemed ok when we took it out. Weighed the car with the HRE wheels on it versus the CCW 18in skinnies and 17in ZR1 rear wheels with drag radials. They are a total of 60lbs approx heavier! I was like oh crap thats why I feel the big difference when I put the 19/20 HRE's on. Soo after taking a tally of the cars there C5kid decided to push for the pulluhpulluhPULLUH on the mexican mile.

50mph-140mph 1st run... C5kid says go and hit it and I think I had him by about a car or so. MikeP sped up and followed but didnt do the ricer fly by on us luckily.

2nd Pull I said go and we were down to 45mph both cars 2nd gear. We hit it and my car is able to pull out again and keep the distance almost as C5kids procharged C5 comes hard and stabilizes the pull but unable to reel me back in lucky for me. I did have the wife in the car aswell. Oh and MikeP had to accelerate right up my *** during the pull with C5kid to make sure I knew he would run over me with one more blip of the throttle... but I was trying to shoot flames out of the tailpipes at Mikep is what C5kid mentioned.

No video cause Young Matthew was unavailable cause he's day dreaming about heads/cams/intakes/superchargers and piston rings!

No Diablowme's around for Mean94LT1 to beat up on!!!! Figured Diablowme would be a no show after his Vag award last week.
As far as I'm aware there was no other tom foolery going on during this outting.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:46 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Zturd
As far as I'm aware there was no other tom foolery going on during this outting.
Nope - just a G35 doing some solo pulls trying to pin point the slight exhaust leak under load and the mysterious rattling around 2000rpms as the revs come down after installing test pipes yesterday.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:37 AM
Teching In

No BOB foolery yesterday?

And for the record, I was day dreaming of 3 hot Norwegian chicks who WEREN'T there...
Old 07-19-2010, 06:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Reidonly
Nope - just a G35 doing some solo pulls trying to pin point the slight exhaust leak under load and the mysterious rattling around 2000rpms as the revs come down after installing test pipes yesterday.
Damn I thought you were taking guys out for rides in the G not diagnosing problems.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:20 AM
Launching!

Any stanger beatings? I saw what I thought was the silver one hammering north on 222 when I was on my way home from work. Would have stopped to chat for a few but had a date with a with an Italian bird named Olive Garden. Pending weather I'll come out next Sunday and hopefully see some pulls in person.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:42 AM
Banned

No Diablowme's around for Mean94LT1 to beat up on!!!! Figured Diablowme would be a no show after his Vag award last week.
That and a hole on my ET Street.....but more the vag award....of course.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DiabloFormula
That and a hole on my ET Street.....but more the vag award....of course.
Well that sucks mang sorry to hear. Fast leak or slow leak? Like leak down over nite or in a few minutes? We could always race street tire to stree tire ya know. No biggie! I had my big heavy HRE's on with street tires. We could've still did a 1st gear roll or dead stopper!
Old 07-19-2010, 11:34 AM
Banned

Well that sucks mang sorry to hear. Fast leak or slow leak? Like leak down over nite or in a few minutes? We could always race street tire to stree tire ya know. No biggie! I had my big heavy HRE's on with street tires. We could've still did a 1st gear roll or dead stopper!

Ummm...big leak....it's all good Lt. Dan's hooking me up with his old set of ET Streets, that way I can at least go to Cecil Saturday. I'm always up for a dead stopper or slow first gear run with you buddy.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DiabloFormula
Ummm...big leak....it's all good Lt. Dan's hooking me up with his old set of ET Streets, that way I can at least go to Cecil Saturday. I'm always up for a dead stopper or slow first gear run with you buddy.
Thats kewl! So dead stopper or 1st gear roll both of us on street tires. Should be fun!
Old 07-19-2010, 11:44 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dschmittie1
Damn I thought you were taking guys out for rides in the G not diagnosing problems.
That too. They wanted to hear how it sounded as well as offer a "handy" in return.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:54 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Reidonly
That too. They wanted to hear how it sounded as well as offer a "handy" in return.
i was wondering why you cam back with a big grin both times.
Old 07-19-2010, 07:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dschmittie1
i was wondering why you cam back with a big grin both times.
Don't be jealous... I imagined it was you both times.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:50 PM
11 Second Club

ewwwwww