Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

11.25 @ 125 :/ spinning

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 04:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by GrannySShifting
Nope, no way, couldnt have happened. Someone hasnt done it or seen it so apprently your personal experience trying to tell them it is in fact possible is somehow irrelevant

Johny K setting SSO record on 275 radials in a 29.5x10 slick class isnt relevant
Radial cars winning every slick vs radial race that Im aware of?

If you can make the car get down, its going to go faster.

My cars not cam only because it didnt come with a LS1? Seriously you said that? I guess SSPerformance should say he has the fastest cam only car now because his didnt either. Or Magnus. Its the same car! Thats silly.

Dont know why youd get so bent, its a fact, it can be done, it doesnt take magic or crazy parts (although good **** helps)

Spohn torque arm, textralia clutch, 4.56s, 275 radials, QA1 shocks nothing out of the ordinary and it cuts high 1.4 60 fts as good or better than most cars similair.
you stated cam only car in your post. wat is silly is callin your car cam only cause it never had a ls1 in it from the factory. and the 93-97 fbods are lighter so the weight would factor in the et as well. now your ls1 might be cam "only" but your car isnt. you could put a cam only ls1 in a notch fox body and go even faster, but again not cam only car. if u put a cam in the lt1 your car came with then you could call the car cam only, if YOU wanna get technical

and radials on non slipper clutched f bodies is wat i am discussing. not anyother class or type of drag racing. u speak as if i have never tried to use radials on a stick car before. my personal experiance with radials (on 6spd fbodies) has been that bias ply tires have gone faster. i disagree with u that radials will go faster with the set ups i have delt with. radials are not the end all be all of drag race tires in every case. it may have worked for u in your set up but time and again i see 6spd fbodies goin faster on bias ply.

u need to calm down son, only one gettin heated is u. don't get twisted, or get wat i'm sayin to u twisted.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Sprayed Im FAR from heated. Your just not making sense. Your talking about as if my car is lighter than all the other ones because its in a LT1 chassis. It aint, it was for a couple years, maybe still is the heaviest cam only car on thats on the list, and a 6 speed at that. There were no other 3400+ lb, stick cam only cars on that list for a minute. Car ran very well for what it was, I dont think anythign was being left on table in the 60 ft. It couldnt have, the car dead hooked with EVERYTHING it had, i left at 7400 rpm at times in a setup i shifted at 6800... just to hit the tire HARDER

I do not have a "slipper clutch" (a used Textralia?) and it gets down. You may have tried them, but the car wasnt working right if it didnt work, that is all. I have customers that have raced their stick stuff on radials, cam only (ls1 cars if it makes you feel better) and have been 11.teens with cams much smaller than TRex/MS4 type stuff, going very low 1.5s in cars heavier than mine.

You may not get them to work
They are faster if you can get them to work

Thats all me and Krazy have said, and its fact.

barney, what kind of power was your car making to 1.47 with a 3.89 gear at that weight, cam only? what did it 330'
Old 11-01-2010, 05:00 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by GrannySShifting
Sprayed Im FAR from heated. Your just not making sense. Your talking about as if my car is lighter than all the other ones because its in a LT1 chassis. It aint, it was for a couple years, maybe still is the heaviest cam only car on thats on the list, and a 6 speed at that. There were no other 3400+ lb, stick cam only cars on that list for a minute. Car ran very well for what it was, I dont think anythign was being left on table in the 60 ft. It couldnt have, the car dead hooked with EVERYTHING it had, i left at 7400 rpm at times in a setup i shifted at 6800... just to hit the tire HARDER

I do not have a "slipper clutch" (a used Textralia?) and it gets down. You may have tried them, but the car wasnt working right if it didnt work, that is all. I have customers that have raced their stick stuff on radials, cam only (ls1 cars if it makes you feel better) and have been 11.teens with cams much smaller than TRex/MS4 type stuff, going very low 1.5s in cars heavier than mine.

You may not get them to work
They are faster if you can get them to work

Thats all me and Krazy have said, and its fact.

barney, what kind of power was your car making to 1.47 with a 3.89 gear at that weight, cam only? what did it 330'
what i have said makes perfect sense. every car we switched from radial to bias ply's (6spd)went faster. from full suspension cars cuttin 1.2's to bolt on cars with no suspension mods, all went faster. my own car saw gains on bias ply's, especially on n20. we even had a cam only car that was 3800lb (mild cam,real ls1 car) that cut mid 1.5's on 26x11.5.15 hoosiers. not to mention the fastest 6 spd cars and only fbodies in the 8's(taner and honeycutt) both ran on slicks.

a friend of the family set the super stock class records in ss/ca and ss/da on slicks. his car flat out went faster on bias ply then radials (et and mph) not to mention all the super gas, top dragster and most of the comp eliminator drivers we know all use slicks. so to say that drag radials are faster in every case is just not true granny.

sorry to the op. didnt mean to get into a pissing match in your thread. but i've known brandon for a while, he's a super nice guy. i've seen how he's struggled gettin his car to launch. he's been 10.99 and cut a 1.4 once i believe. with the mph that car has it def has more in it. i just hope when demonic and reaperss get together they can figureout a tire combo that works.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got my new wheels and slicks in on thurs. also got the hoosier drag fronts as well...should be a good 40lbs of rotational weight

like ive stated, i love the DRs dont get me wrong, but like i said earlier i dont have the time and patience to work w/ the sus to get it to hook low 1.4s thats why im going the bias ply route. the sooner i hit a 11.6 or 7 the sooner i can put my 215s one
Old 11-01-2010, 06:32 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Demonicbird00
the sooner i hit a 10.6 or 7 the sooner i can put my 215s one
Fixed that for ya buddy
Old 11-01-2010, 09:54 PM
10 Second Club

i got my new wheels and slicks in on thurs. also got the hoosier drag fronts as well...should be a good 40lbs of rotational weight

like ive stated, i love the DRs dont get me wrong, but like i said earlier i dont have the time and patience to work w/ the sus to get it to hook low 1.4s thats why im going the bias ply route. the sooner i hit a 11.6 or 7 the sooner i can put my 215s one
it'll def go 10.6 or 10.7. maybe give the wife a shot at it?
Old 11-01-2010, 10:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The air will be real good tues., between that and the lighter wheels your 10.90s should happen. see ya down there.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talking

the sooner i hit a 11.6 or 7 the sooner i can put my 215s one
I think you'll get those 11.6s/11.7s, and yes even before putting the heads on LOL.

Originally Posted by DadsZ28
The air will be real good tues., between that and the lighter wheels your 10.90s should happen. see ya down there.
Unfortunately I don't think Brandon's running tonight (he's going Saturday though) but he might be there to hang.
I might be there as well.