Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

*****ocean city cruise****2011******

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 07:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol yeah its true i couldnt help myself but laugh his car got a quick look and then people would speed walk away. i cant wait for the fall cruise i need to chalk up some more stang kills. Every time i tried to race one they would rev up at me then i would rev back and take off a little bit then those gays would back down lol
Old 05-25-2011, 09:11 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the lukewarm welcome, haha. I do love my car, and I have respect for others' fast cars, even if I wouldn't own one myself. I like the performance of the new Mustangs more than their looks to be honest, and i'm sure you can imagine my frustration last summer when I just finished installing my Vortech, knowing I should be somewhere in the 350-400hp range, and then to have the new 5.0s come out with that power level stock. But, I guess you can't expect worse performance out of newer technology.

Originally Posted by 01BlackCamaroSS
lol yeah its true i couldnt help myself but laugh his car got a quick look and then people would speed walk away. i cant wait for the fall cruise i need to chalk up some more stang kills. Every time i tried to race one they would rev up at me then i would rev back and take off a little bit then those gays would back down lol
The story of the white fox with blue flames comes to mind...
Fox revs and out comes a hollow, 5.0 Flowmaster sound
01BlackCamaroSS: revs and out from the Loudmouths comes God's voice...
I pull up next to 01BlackCamaroSS and shout "Stop picking on him, lmao"
01BlackCamaroSS: "What??? He started it"

lol, and that was the first night, the first time we hit Coastal.

I can't wait for the fall cruise either, I wouldn't mind getting in some stang bangs as well every stang I tried to race would either just give me a head nod, a thumbs up, or they would back off. I only got 3 decent races, one against a red trans am that was running like some **** - 1 win, the next one was against 01BlackCamaroSS - I got a jump on him because of a truck that pulled a u-turn right when we were getting ready to take off from the light, he ended up pulling ahead by about a car length, then the last one was against a chick in her GTO. We took off from a light, she missed 2nd and it was over. Grand total - 2 wins, 1 lose...I can live with that, haha.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Reidonly
Thanks.
Lol, no problem man, I thought it was pretty funny/creative of you. I saw a video of your car last year and thought it was hilarious. I think it's even funnier that you STILL have the G after all that...
Old 05-26-2011, 05:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

A real GM car owner SHOULD hate all Ford's. Period. You can appreciate the craftsmanship if the car is special from the rest but in the end it's still a car that's more poorly built than GM's worst built car. God I was dying to get a hold of a 2011 5.0 Stanger along Coastal or US50 just to see if they're as cracked up as people make them out to be, and I'll always call BS until proven wrong. However the only time I could find them was in heavy traffic throwing rev's like they wanted a piece but these same guys were no where to be found when the traffic cleared for a a good run.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

If you want to try out some terd new 5.0s come down to our hood this weekend. Will be one or two with *****
Old 05-26-2011, 05:53 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GrannySShifting
If you want to try out some terd new 5.0s come down to our hood this weekend. Will be one or two with *****
Where is all the fun down in Glen Burnie. Maybe a road trip for the wife and I to come hang out check the scene out..
Old 05-26-2011, 06:00 PM
10 Second Club

^^ yea me to sounds like fun ^^ I wish we did something like a sonic meet on a Fri or sat night!!!
Old 05-26-2011, 10:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1 Bad *** Formula
A real GM car owner SHOULD hate all Ford's. Period. You can appreciate the craftsmanship if the car is special from the rest but in the end it's still a car that's more poorly built than GM's worst built car. God I was dying to get a hold of a 2011 5.0 Stanger along Coastal or US50 just to see if they're as cracked up as people make them out to be, and I'll always call BS until proven wrong. However the only time I could find them was in heavy traffic throwing rev's like they wanted a piece but these same guys were no where to be found when the traffic cleared for a a good run.
i was all over the strip and ready to roll... Guess we just never came across one another. LOL
Old 05-26-2011, 11:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Nasty5.0
i was all over the strip and ready to roll... Guess we just never came across one another. LOL
I think I tried to get a run in one night down towards 130th street.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:53 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Props to you... You were definately going after the big fish with this one...

As much as I hate to admit it remember, ford did put forged piston and rods in some of their builds. You cant beat a factory built motor just crank her up and let her have it...
Old 05-27-2011, 01:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mikep2002
Props to you... You were definately going after the big fish with this one...

As much as I hate to admit it remember, ford did put forged piston and rods in some of their builds. You cant beat a factory built motor just crank her up and let her have it...
haha, ive always gone by the mentality that there will always be something faster. I appreciate every car out there even the 600hp type r's haha. if i got butthurt over losing to faster cars then I shouldnt have modded a cadillac lol.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:00 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1 Bad *** Formula
So, being a Ford owner, I SHOULD automatically hate all GM products? I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous. I've owned 3 Fords so far in my life ('93 Taurus SHO - currently sitting @ ~160,000 miles, '95 Mustang GT - bought with ~149,000 miles - only managed to get about 7,000 miles out of it before I wrecked it , '03 Mustang GT - bought with ~49,000 miles on it - now approaching 60,000 miles), and have had no problems with build quality out of any of them, now poor maintenance due to previous owners is a whole 'nother story...Don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to bash anyone here, I have respect for GM products, I respect what my buddy's done with his '01 Camaro SS, I respect the Corvette and how it was/is probably the best performance-per-dollar vehicle out there, I respect the LS-series motors, despite the common oil-burning symptoms they have. Hell, I'll give respect to anything if it's built/runs well, even if it isn't setting any records. But, that being said I wouldn't own a Camaro because I hate the way they look and the fact that, knowing the history, they wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for Ford and the Mustang. I wouldn't own a Corvette simply because of their relatively high initial cost, yet funny enough I would absolutely drive the **** out of an F-body Trans Am.
I'm REALLY not trying to start a fight here, you all are obviously going to be biased towards GMs (I realize this is LS1Tech, a GM-related forum, lol) and i'm going to be biased towards Fords since that is what I happen to like, but to say their build quality is worse than the worst of GM's is just ridiculous, and oddly insulting (as if I had anything to do with building them...). Now if you had said that GM usually puts out a bigger/more powerful motor in their cars, then unfortunately I would have to agree with that, it seems like Ford likes to use NEW technology rather than recycle an old design. Now if only they were smart enough to use the advanced technology COMBINED with more displacement ...WOW! what a concept...

Also, if your Camaro is as stock as it seems from your mods you have listed, then from what i've seen (admittedly, mostly on YouTube), it's gonna be a driver's race between you and one of the new 5.0's. (Keep the extra 1.2L you have over the new 5.0's in mind, win or lose, when you're talking about build quality - again, this goes back to poor choices by Ford in engine size/design, not poor build quality)

*awaiting the flaming i'm about to receive*
You guys >< Me, lol
Old 05-27-2011, 05:30 AM
10 Second Club

Sounds like a lot of hate up there, you drive a gt mustang no ones fault but your own!!! I hate all Fords and I am a tech and have worked on fords!!! The guy that designed a ford can suck a Dick cause they are a pain in the *** to work on! Old technology you say? Why **** with what works? Ls motors where built by the hand of god!!! Also where you the guy driving around with no front bumper?
Old 05-27-2011, 05:34 AM
10 Second Club

One more thing only thing that can make a ford go anywhere is a blower and they even suck aka cobra, I have 5 buddies with stangers with blowers and the fastest one goes 11.9@116 wow that's pretty nasty!!!! Bahahahaha
Old 05-27-2011, 05:58 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ajw2500hd
^^ yea me to sounds like fun ^^ I wish we did something like a sonic meet on a Fri or sat night!!!
i agree friday or saturday would be so much better than sunday or just add another night to the fun activities lol
Old 05-27-2011, 06:41 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 03BADGT
So, being a Ford owner, I SHOULD automatically hate all GM products? I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous. I've owned 3 Fords so far in my life ('93 Taurus SHO - currently sitting @ ~160,000 miles, '95 Mustang GT - bought with ~149,000 miles - only managed to get about 7,000 miles out of it before I wrecked it , '03 Mustang GT - bought with ~49,000 miles on it - now approaching 60,000 miles), and have had no problems with build quality out of any of them, now poor maintenance due to previous owners is a whole 'nother story...Don't get me wrong, i'm not trying to bash anyone here, I have respect for GM products, I respect what my buddy's done with his '01 Camaro SS, I respect the Corvette and how it was/is probably the best performance-per-dollar vehicle out there, I respect the LS-series motors, despite the common oil-burning symptoms they have. Hell, I'll give respect to anything if it's built/runs well, even if it isn't setting any records. But, that being said I wouldn't own a Camaro because I hate the way they look and the fact that, knowing the history, they wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for Ford and the Mustang. I wouldn't own a Corvette simply because of their relatively high initial cost, yet funny enough I would absolutely drive the **** out of an F-body Trans Am.
I'm REALLY not trying to start a fight here, you all are obviously going to be biased towards GMs (I realize this is LS1Tech, a GM-related forum, lol) and i'm going to be biased towards Fords since that is what I happen to like, but to say their build quality is worse than the worst of GM's is just ridiculous, and oddly insulting (as if I had anything to do with building them...). Now if you had said that GM usually puts out a bigger/more powerful motor in their cars, then unfortunately I would have to agree with that, it seems like Ford likes to use NEW technology rather than recycle an old design. Now if only they were smart enough to use the advanced technology COMBINED with more displacement ...WOW! what a concept...

Also, if your Camaro is as stock as it seems from your mods you have listed, then from what i've seen (admittedly, mostly on YouTube), it's gonna be a driver's race between you and one of the new 5.0's. (Keep the extra 1.2L you have over the new 5.0's in mind, win or lose, when you're talking about build quality - again, this goes back to poor choices by Ford in engine size/design, not poor build quality)

*awaiting the flaming i'm about to receive*
You guys >< Me, lol
Did you race a t/a on the fifty birdge. I walked you and you said you had 1000hp . Unless it was a different gt with out a bumper down the beach
Old 05-27-2011, 06:43 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by itsslow98
If you had tried with me you would have gotten it. I ran everyone that tried me. I was usually the one instigating. People didnt want to waste thier time on the quiet stock muffler 5.0......Boy were they surprised!!!
Old 05-27-2011, 06:56 AM
Teching In

Sounds like a lot of hate up there, you drive a gt mustang no ones fault but your own!!! I hate all Fords and I am a tech and have worked on fords!!! The guy that designed a ford can suck a Dick cause they are a pain in the *** to work on! Old technology you say? Why **** with what works? Ls motors where built by the hand of god!!! Also where you the guy driving around with no front bumper?

I also am a tech/ shop owner and i like all of the big 3. I think out of all the newer cars, the fords and chryslers are the easiest to work on but as i said i like all 3. I am very happy with my 5.0 though. It is a 3950 # car with all the bells and whistles, i drive it every day, have only invested about 10,000 into it and it runs 9.4's @ 148 and i drive it to and from the track.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:00 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1Nasty5.0
I also am a tech/ shop owner and i like all of the big 3. I think out of all the newer cars, the fords and chryslers are the easiest to work on but as i said i like all 3. I am very happy with my 5.0 though. It is a 3950 # car with all the bells and whistles, i drive it every day, have only invested about 10,000 into it and it runs 9.4's @ 148 and i drive it to and from the track.
i am talking about the old gts not the new ones! i think the new 5.0s are badass and i love your car buttttttt your not on here talking trash he is!
Old 05-27-2011, 07:34 AM
Teching In

i am talking about the old gts not the new ones! i think the new 5.0s are badass and i love your car buttttttt your not on here talking trash he is!
My bad. I have respect for all of you guys.

Quick Reply: *****ocean city cruise****2011******