Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

*****ocean city cruise****2011******

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 01:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Devilish34
I think I do with over 188k on my 5.3 lol

C'mon man, I don't got no beef with you, your the coolest guy on here. Your 4 door is almost stock and it could beat up on 90% of the cars on the forum. And your not afraid something is gonna break.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:34 PM
10 Second Club

i have a question if you guys hate on vettes and fbodys why in the **** are you on ls1tech?????????? must have a thing for are asses. you dont see us on some slow *** supra or stanger forums do you???? i guess we are pretty badass!
Old 03-24-2011, 01:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Cobra R
First to stay on track, I will be down, staying at the Carousel as long as my car doesn't blow up on the dyno or track before OC.

Now

Are you kidding? Please tell me you are kidding. If not, sell the car if you havnt already, obviously who ever is working/driving this car is clueless if it slowed down going to an automatic.

Parasitic loss from an auto I will give you. However, ability to build boost at the line and loose none between shifts far out weighs any loss from ditching the manual.

Under your logic we better go tell all the boys that are boosted in the NMRA to ditch those automatics and put a manual in to go faster. Bet those drag radial class boys will love for you to teach them your launch and shifting techniques and really lay down some fast times.

I have owned plenty of Mustangs, but dealing with stupidity pushed me into a LS1 just to get away from the clowns.

Just tryin to have alittle fun here dude, don't get your panties to twisted up. However, 6 speeds can build boost at the line too. Maybe you should do some research and get yourself caught up to date. The 6 speed Supra boys have broken into the 7's for a while now. Easier to go quicker an an auto, yes. All out faster/quicker in an auto, not neccessarily. I would take a Lenco over a TH400 any day of the week.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Me and my buddy will be staying at the grand hotel on 21st street again this year. Hopefully we'll see you guys out there sometime or at the 45st meet.

Originally Posted by ajw2500hd
well its about that time again!!!!!!

ocean city maryland hotrod weekend!!!

racing, shows, girls, and more!!!!

MAY 19-22

whos staying where and what are you bringing down?

may 19-22

i am going to figure out a place this week.

some hotel rates by mikep OCMD (Hotels rates)

ok just booked some rooms!!!!! at the www.carouselhotel.com on 118th street

ajw2500hd
zturd
c5kid
dschmittie1
1bigcam-with little vette lol
c5jp
YeloFevr
TNTramair
mean94lt1
milleniumm6z28
spike30th
1BadAzzWS6
yfz610
Old 03-24-2011, 01:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol...***** getting too personal up in here...feelings are gonna start getting hurt. fo the record, i drive my **** everywhere...i have faith in my Ls2...only left me hangin 1 time down in OC..(thanx again Dan and Bruce for the assistance...)
Old 03-24-2011, 02:00 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ChefBRD
C'mon man, I don't got no beef with you, your the coolest guy on here. Your 4 door is almost stock and it could beat up on 90% of the cars on the forum. And your not afraid something is gonna break.
lolzz
Old 03-24-2011, 02:00 PM
Teching In

i think its great! especially entertaining for those who do not know we all hang out and bust ***** all the time....its all amongst friends...nothing personal

AJ is still getting that upper-decker at the Carousel, tho
Old 03-24-2011, 02:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by YeloFevr

^^HOODRICH?
that's it...H00DRCH....lol

looked better on the Sloleen!
Old 03-24-2011, 02:03 PM
10 Second Club

see there is a big difference from having faith in my car and that i just don't have fun being stuck in traffic with a cammed up 6 speed camaro. i love my car and would drive it anywhere and have faith in it cause its only a head and cam ls7 nothing that crazy, and yes its faster then all jesses cobras and bobs supra and the other fleet of cars he has. lol
Old 03-24-2011, 02:13 PM
Teching In

see, variety is the spice of life....

Uncle Bob, I think AJ is calling out the old Poopra...
Old 03-24-2011, 02:24 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Dr.JZ
see, variety is the spice of life....

Uncle Bob, I think AJ is calling out the old Poopra...
sure going to the cecil april 9th saturday!! both of you can come watch me run a low 10 unless is 80 or 90s out then maybe i can pull out a high 11!!
Old 03-24-2011, 02:29 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ChefBRD
Just tryin to have alittle fun here dude, don't get your panties to twisted up. However, 6 speeds can build boost at the line too. Maybe you should do some research and get yourself caught up to date. The 6 speed Supra boys have broken into the 7's for a while now. Easier to go quicker an an auto, yes. All out faster/quicker in an auto, not neccessarily. I would take a Lenco over a TH400 any day of the week.

Calm down tiger, no one getting there panties in a bunch. Let me just walk you through this, if you are a true Mustang follower you will know what I am talking about. Back in the late 90's early 2000's when the NMRA was just starting to become popular, Stormin Norman was still holding his events at Maple Grove and bradenton florida was the first race of the year, I was there. One of a few turbo cars, most still ran blower and nitrous. We ran in the SSO class. First car 1990 LX hatch 9.4x@14x was good for top 3 finishes. Second car we put together a 1986 notch that ran 7.8x@17x. Our 1/8th mile mph was higher than your "terminator" 1/4 mph.

So what research should I do? How to build a mild street car? Or maybe I should just google "Mustang *** Clown" and see who's user name comes up and that will give me the main components on how to build a mild "terminator" at the same time.

Also TH400??? Once again, time for you to do some research, TH350 car will be .2-.3 seconds faster. Top that off with if you really are into it enough to put a non overdrive trans in a car, it better make enough power and light enough to run a powerglide. Which is what any of the fast supras where doing when I saw them. I like the Liberty over the Lenco myself.

Here is a link if you want to do some research and update yourself.

http://www.libertysgears.com/index.html

BTW, I really am just playing, well except for the part claiming an automatic will slow down a boosted car
Old 03-24-2011, 02:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

EDIT...forgot to quote.

Last edited by TNTramair; 03-24-2011 at 02:38 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:34 PM
Teching In

My guess Bob is happy with the poopra as is.be glad for that, if he did the fuel system upgrade I think you would be in for an asskickin !!
Old 03-24-2011, 02:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ajw2500hd
i have a question if you guys hate on vettes and fbodys why in the **** are you on ls1tech?????????? must have a thing for are asses. you dont see us on some slow *** supra or stanger forums do you???? i guess we are pretty badass!

See Jiz, weiners and guys asses. AJ you are all backasswards Dude! Think Hetero! I gotta take you to a strip joint and no we aren't goin on ladies night to see Steve Fieldstone or Claude Morninglory.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:37 PM
Teching In

Previous post was for AJ
Old 03-24-2011, 02:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Cobra R
Calm down tiger, no one getting there panties in a bunch. Let me just walk you through this, if you are a true Mustang follower you will know what I am talking about. Back in the late 90's early 2000's when the NMRA was just starting to become popular, Stormin Norman was still holding his events at Maple Grove and bradenton florida was the first race of the year, I was there. One of a few turbo cars, most still ran blower and nitrous. We ran in the SSO class. First car 1990 LX hatch 9.4x@14x was good for top 3 finishes. Second car we put together a 1986 notch that ran 7.8x@17x. Our 1/8th mile mph was higher than your "terminator" 1/4 mph.

So what research should I do? How to build a mild street car? Or maybe I should just google "Mustang *** Clown" and see who's user name comes up and that will give me the main components on how to build a mild "terminator" at the same time.

Also TH400??? Once again, time for you to do some research, TH350 car will be .2-.3 seconds faster. Top that off with if you really are into it enough to put a non overdrive trans in a car, it better make enough power and light enough to run a powerglide. Which is what any of the fast supras where doing when I saw them. I like the Liberty over the Lenco myself.

Here is a link if you want to do some research and update yourself.

http://www.libertysgears.com/index.html
BTW, I really am just playing, well except for the part claiming an automatic will slow down a boosted car

The research I am referring to is a manual trans car not being able to build boost off the line. You said the automatic had this advantage. You sticking to that story or did you just become smarter over the last 3 hours? Autos are more consistent, easier to go quick which makes them nice for drag racing. But you take 2 identical cars with the same crankshaft HP, put a 5 speed or 6 speed in one and your auto of choice in the other(couldn't care less whether its a TH350 or 400 or whatever) and a good driver in the manual trans car that can shift his *** off(never said this wasn't part of the equation), the manual trans has the potential to be quicker and definitely trap significantly higher. I am done with this discussion now, time to get back to the fun stuff.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:54 PM
Teching In

LMAO!!!! I LOVE IT!!! Uncle Bob is on the down-low for months and comes outta the gate SWINGIN!!
Old 03-24-2011, 02:55 PM
Teching In

CobraR: You are talking about SSO cars running 7s, I was talking about a full-weight street car with AC, heat, stereo, etc... race weight was over 3650.

Taking two exact cars built 100% the same way minus the trans setup: the manual car will run the higher mph, but the auto will run the faster ET....usually.... Unless you are Justin Burcham

I put an auto in my Cobra because the so-called "indestructible" Viper-spec 6 speed I was running blew on a run down the Mexican Mile....I wanted to bracket race the car and make it single-turbo for NMRA, but I lost my job....so, had to cancel the plans.

Nevertheless, the 4r70w swap in my car was one of the first Cobras to run this setup. I did not know what to expect, as I had little experience with automatic transmissions. My buddy, Jesse Houseman, is one of the BEST Ford techs around and completed the swap with little to go off of at the time. Running two back-to-back ten second passes in that heat and humidity made us happy; while the mph was not crazy-fast, the car was consistent and made me smile...so, I dont see what the issue is?
Old 03-24-2011, 02:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by quick77
My guess Bob is happy with the poopra as is.be glad for that, if he did the fuel system upgrade I think you would be in for an asskickin !!

Thanks Quick and I think you are absolutely right on the money. AJ would need the nitrous and then some. I wouldn't even have to build the motor.

AJ, so when is the auto goin in?

Quick Reply: *****ocean city cruise****2011******