Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Second Ticket for Missing Front Plates. FUCK

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 03:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Second Ticket for Missing Front Plates. ****

Most of you have probably seen the other thread, titled: Ticket for Missing Front Plates. Well, here you go. The **** continues.

I just got a second one maybe 45mins ago. I'm so fucken pissed off right now. This **** could have been avoided to a certain extent. I went to court to plead guilty with an explanation to a speeding ticket: 80 in a 65, on I95. Fine was $160, and no points (probation before Judgement). On my way back, just as I was ready to put my foot down a bit on the highway, a state trooper approached quickly from behind. I spotted him in time, and as a result of my low speed, he went on. There were 2 troopers in the car. They slowed a bit and looked at me, because my window was down and who the hell drives a T/A with a suit on? Anyway, they were pushing it hard, and begun again doing about 90mph and climbing. I kept a good distance, until they accelerated to the point where I lost them in front. I honestly thought they took an exit. Anyway, I decided to vent a bit, since I was filled with regret for pleading Guilty to the speeding ticket. I flew down the road; Numbers are irrelevant. I got to my exit about 15miles later, drove on a second road, and approached a red light. Who do I see? The same fucken state trooper. I nearly **** myself. We got on the road, with the trooper in front, and in the left lane and about 3miles later, I guess he spotted me behind and wondered how hell I could have been matching his speed and he didnt see me. They pulled over and got behind me. Lights on, and then a fucken 5min wait for these guys to get out of the car. wtf? And what did they pull me over for? No front plates . No one brought up the question of how in the hell I reached them when they were going maybe 120-130 (that would be hard to prove anyway). A trooper asked if I have the plates, and I responded yes. He asked why it wasnt on, and I told him that if he went to look at the bumper, he would see why. I guess my use of eloquent grammar sounded rude to a degree. I can't recall the exact term used. While he went back to his car, the other trooper asked me almost in a friendly manner, what I had done to the car. I said nothing really. He said he asked because of the wires on passenger side. I told him it was an audio cable for my phone {true}. He said ok, and left. I didnt even notice that the HP tuners cable and ecu cable were right there. My laptop mount was in the back, disconnected last week, and my laptop was at home. Jeez, they would have strip searched the car for mods. What he really meant to ask is "how much shot were you running?" lol

Another 15min wait, and the driver returns with a ticket for no front plates. $70 fine.

The **** that gets me is that this car has been my daily driver for the last 2years, and never got a ticket for plates, until Jan. Also was never even pulled over until my office relocated. wtf is going on? Pulled over 5 times in 4 months. 3 times within 2 weeks in Jan. I think I need another daily. I guess a 480whp car is intended for the weekends only.

I also noticed that every single time I've been pulled over in the last 4months, my car was dirty. Crude logic, but apparently, a clean car=no tickets, at least for me.

EDIT: FRONT PLATE IS NOW ON

Last edited by Sir Harmony; 03-29-2011 at 05:36 PM. Reason: FRONT PLATE IS ON
Old 03-29-2011, 03:25 PM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So your pissed, your upset, your gunning it on the highway, you knew why you got the first ticket, your just out of court and messing around in the car and get another ticket but...

Now, I'm seriously considering putting it on the car, but not for another 1month (you can only get so many equipment violations in a months time).

hahahahahahaahahahahhahaahhahahaahhahahah, sorry man, your luck sucks. Just the way this was typed out. Rock on dude.....******* rock the **** on!

Just put the dumb thing back on and save yourself the headache.

Originally Posted by Sir Harmony
I also noticed that every single time I've been pulled over in the last 4months, my car was dirty. Crude logic, but apparently, a clean car=no tickets, at least for me.
Gotta keep the bitch clean, there's nothing cool about driving around in a dirty f-body where you never know if your crossing the white trash line or not. You could have a wicked clean car but a super dope mullet and you'd be over the line. It's tough with f-bodies.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:38 PM
10 Second Club

Talking

Originally Posted by Joe "Preachers Sheets" DIESO
Gotta keep the bitch clean, there's nothing cool about driving around in a dirty f-body where you never know if your crossing the white trash line or not. You could have a wicked clean car but a super dope mullet and you'd be over the line. It's tough with f-bodies.
So a clean car with a mullet is ok and maybe a dirty car without a mullet is ok too...what if it's a dirty, multi paint colored 1978 Camaro with torn seats AND you've also got the mullet?
Old 03-29-2011, 04:08 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Joe "Preachers Sheets" DIESO
So your pissed, your upset, your gunning it on the highway, you knew why you got the first ticket, your just out of court and messing around in the car and get another ticket but...

Now, I'm seriously considering putting it on the car, but not for another 1month (you can only get so many equipment violations in a months time).

hahahahahahaahahahahhahaahhahahaahhahahah, sorry man, your luck sucks. Just the way this was typed out. Rock on dude.....******* rock the **** on!

Just put the dumb thing back on and save yourself the headache.

yeah, I lol'ed too on that one. Its raining tommorrow, thats why the car wasnt washed.

See, the problem with me is after receiving the ticket, I feel like I've earned the right to drive without plates for a while, or at least, I've paid my dues. Does that make sense? Sigh, I guess I give in here. *I'll put the plates on. Chills down my spine just saying that* That plate tab has never been taken off. This will be awkward.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sure hope no one from a Honda or Mustang forum reads this thread, because it's the perfect stereotype of a TA owner.

Have you ever been schooled on the proper way to talk to cops? Here's a hint, you don't be a smartass or be rude. You're guaranteed a ticket if you act like a fool. Also, to them not showing up in court, fat chance. Cops get paid overtime when they're in court, so they will almost always show up.

I love the irony of how you relieve stress about a speeding ticket... by speeding. And as far as the front plate goes, just put the god damn thing on and stop complaining. You have no one to be angry at but yourself if you get a ticket for no front plate... you know you're supposed to have one. I have a front plate on my car, yeah it looks like ****, but it's removable and comes off at the dragstrip and at car shows.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Latch
I sure hope no one from a Honda or Mustang forum reads this thread, because it's the perfect stereotype of a TA owner.

Have you ever been schooled on the proper way to talk to cops? Here's a hint, you don't be a smartass or be rude. You're guaranteed a ticket if you act like a fool. Also, to them not showing up in court, fat chance. Cops get paid overtime when they're in court, so they will almost always show up.

I love the irony of how you relieve stress about a speeding ticket... by speeding. And as far as the front plate goes, just put the god damn thing on and stop complaining. You have no one to be angry at but yourself if you get a ticket for no front plate... you know you're supposed to have one. I have a front plate on my car, yeah it looks like ****, but it's removable and comes off at the dragstrip and at car shows.
I was not rude to the cop. Period. One word may have come out wrong. Something to the effect of if you take a look at it, you will see for yourself why it isnt on. I have always and still have the utmost respect for State Troopers.

Read my last post about my putting the plates back on.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:52 PM
11 Second Club

Get off your high horse.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

i dont know about where you live but here cops are writing for everything. im guessing its because municipalities are hurting for money.

since you were caught for speeding why did you chance another ticket? just put it on or expect to keep getting stopped.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lol to funny
Old 03-29-2011, 05:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sir Harmony
I was not rude to the cop. Period. One word may have come out wrong. Something to the effect of if you take a look at it, you will see for yourself why it isnt on. I have always and still have the utmost respect for State Troopers.

Read my last post about my putting the plates back on.
Okay, in that case I give you credit for holding back your frustration. It's amazing to me how many people think it's a good idea to tell off the cops when they pull you over... worst idea ever.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:42 PM
Teching In

I've gotten one no license plate ticket in 11 years and I have no plates on the front of either of my camaros. Trooper pulled me over 4 weeks ago for no license plate, I told him I just had fresh paintwork done, which I actually had, and the plate was in the garage, which it was. So he checked my window tint, and gave me a tint ticket instead... whatever.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:43 PM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't care what this kid does, how he drives or how many times he'll crash into the metaphorical wall of cops tagging him. I just thought the post was funny, he's doesnt care what happen but he's sad, mad, cares too much, doesnt care enough, wants to give in to the law while giving them a big FU. Too many emotions hahahahaha.

Rock on dude.....keep on keeping on!!!! Dont ever take your Ray Bans off or stop hanging your elbow outta the window doing 1 wheel peels. If there was an opening for the new Old Spice manly man you'd have my vote!
Old 03-29-2011, 08:18 PM
TECH Regular

haha, you are what cops call easy money.. The state requires a front plate, you got warned once, and then popped the second time. You deserve the fine
Old 03-30-2011, 06:29 AM
11 Second Club

Ahh finally took my advice

It's sucks but not worth the hassle.
If you could hand out tickets for driving a dirty F-body, now thats a well deserved ticket.

Be smart too don't go hammering down the street everytime you get pissed, especially when you get pissed off for something that really boils down to being within your control. That's when mistakes happen. Besides just the whole context of getting a speeding ticket, then getting mad because you got a speeding ticket, then driving fast because you got a speeding ticket is a recipe for idiocy. Just be cool man, If you play you pay, just depends how lucky you are.

LOL at DIESO