Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Idiots driving junkers

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 09:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idiots driving junkers

So... Driving home down 76 last night. (not the PA TP) and some car in front of me in the other lane decides to fall apart and shoot the damn side view mirror plastic piece off.

Long story short, the plastic piece hit me at 80mph and screwed up mainly the weatherstripping around the headlight but also decided to scratch the hell out of my fender.

/rage
Old 04-14-2011, 09:37 AM
On The Tree

http://img813.imageshack.us/i/imagekv.jpg/

Last edited by Rauch; 04-14-2011 at 09:47 AM.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:07 AM
Tire Smoking Tranny Blowing Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beaters that fall apart when driving get better mpg true story.

That sucks though i would have got his plate and let ins hash it out
Old 04-14-2011, 11:27 AM
11 Second Club

well Jersey thinks its better not to have Safety inspections.......you can start by blaming them....this is a prime example of why you need safety inspections yearly.

sucks that happened to you though...luckily its just that little scratch and not anything major like someone's wheel falling off and going through your windshield...now that would suck.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I hate crap like that. Should have been with me on the highway in my vette one day though, had a 7ftx4ft bookshelf fall out of a truck bed right in front of me. It caught the pavement, spun, hit a truck with a brush guard, splintered into thousands of pieces, then kicked over into my lane.

The top half went over the car, and large pieces barely missed the sides of the car. One good sized piece cartwheeled up the hood and nailed the car behind me. Now THAT will require reupholstering the interior. Luckily I managed to miss the majority of the pieces, but I feel you, people need to check their cars/payload before just hopping onto the highway!
Old 04-14-2011, 02:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TNTramair
well Jersey thinks its better not to have Safety inspections.......you can start by blaming them....this is a prime example of why you need safety inspections yearly.

sucks that happened to you though...luckily its just that little scratch and not anything major like someone's wheel falling off and going through your windshield...now that would suck.
Haha. Well, it was actually a PA car smartass haha. I live out in phoenixville now. My moneys on that it was an immigrant driving that car.

I wouldve grabbed his plate but i was flying home and some supra was riding my asd trying to race me and i was just cruising.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:42 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rauch
Haha. Well, it was actually a PA car smartass haha. I live out in phoenixville now. My moneys on that it was an immigrant driving that car.

I wouldve grabbed his plate but i was flying home and some supra was riding my asd trying to race me and i was just cruising.
sorry..when ya said "not the pa turnpike" and i looked and your location says south jersey it kinda through me off...lol.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:05 PM
On The Tree

Haha yeah, you're right. That's my mistake there haha.