Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

So i was killed by a bike...

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 07:16 PM
8 Second Club

Received 945 Likes on 701 Posts

Originally Posted by ilovechevy1
was this car you had have all it's interior in it and the A/C still on it?..because i praticly live at the track and the only fast 4 cyl's i ever see are usually stripped with a K20 swap..was racing a guy with a fully stripped civic and i mean stripped..all it had was a streering wheel in it from front to back as far as interior goes..he was running a K20 with a 75 shot and i still beat him pretty easily..i have never really came across any real fast 4 cyl's or 4 cyl turbo's and i been doing this drag racing thing for a long time..i guess it's cause i'm from south GA and they get laughed off the track around here and most country boys around here don't prefer to build them up..i know they are some fast ones out there but it seem to be extremely rare to find one that runs right..and then even those seem to have their interior's stripped most of the time..i donno tho..i'm not that well educated about them..i can only speak about my experiences..but when i'm at the track and one lines up to me , i love the look they give me when they hear my procharger whistling and my cam a loping..i just look back and give them the look...then after i drop a 1.6 60ft on their ***! (soon to be 1.5 with my new Moser 12 bolt and 3.90 gears i just installed) their next expression after the race is usually this >> ...maybe oneday i will come across one that will put a hurting on me..but at the rate i have been modding my car i doubt to that's gona happen anythime soon
You run 11.3@120 with a ProCharger, cam, meth, and stall? I'd be pissed! My 4,000lb family car runs 11.3@120 NA on the stock motor and I get my *** handed to me by imports around here... my buddies driveway built VW runs 10.0@150+ on the stock motor and thats not even the fast cars.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

same thing i'm thinking. dude from south ga doesn't speak for us all. Plenty of fast imports. But lots of slow bikes apparently.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by roninsonic
X2 on that. I'm in Norfolk, and I can give most of the bikes around here a run for their money.

A few grand in mods and you can really **** off some bike guys

we need to meet up so you can give me pointers on my car

now then, no mods on my car cuz im in college. i make 7.35 and now they are bitching about us not breaking 30hrs at work. im part time so now we are not supposed to break 30hrs. >.>

so every week i get about 150-190 bucks. hell last week i got a check for 126

the only mods i can get right now are insurance, car payment and premium gas

anyway my plans are: full exhaust redo w/true duals, new springs and some SFCs, 3.73s, level 4 trans, new(sticky) tires and rims, fix my gauges, tint, repaint(red or black), shave off weight, maybe one day SC or TC

Last edited by Nick V.; 10-21-2011 at 12:50 AM.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:20 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wait...you have basically a stock car and youre complaining about getting *** raped by a bike??? lmao

I love it when this topic comes up and you hear people say," i can hang with 1000cc bikes blah blah blah". really? anyone can "hang" with anything for a few seconds untill the bike gets in its power band....than its lights out. if you can "hang" with a liter bike than you're right there next to him watching the rider next to you the entire race....thats what i would consider hanging. if you're seeing a small tail light...than your losing and just dont have enough..plain and simple.

you'll need about 850rwhp to even come close to a liter bike...so start saving your pennies...
Old 10-21-2011, 08:36 AM
TECH Regular

^^^^ agreed... I've seen MikeP get walked by liter bikes, there is NO WAY a bolt on car is hanging w/ a liter bike.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:20 AM
Launching!

Don't feel bad it happens all the time.
Power to weight ratio is the ticket and it takes a lot less dollars to get a bike to run off quick than a car.
I have a Lambo and some new vets in my town.
I have all sorts of fun with them when I'm on my Fatboy.
They don't even try anymore. LOL
One important thing though, and F body with some work done to it will grab more women than any bike and THAT is worth more than any bike mod...LOL
Old 10-21-2011, 09:47 AM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've only seen one car take a 1000cc bike and it was PurEvl's.....he had more money in that car then most people and it dyno'd something like 860 rwhp 880 rwtq.

It's common sense....think of the weight to hp ratio and the bikes are light years ahead of cars. Then you get the people who mod their ZX-14, Busa and 1000cc bikes....lights out.

Pacesetter LT's and a loudmouth aint gonna cut it. If you havent dumped near 30,000.00 into your car it aint gonna cut it. I remember seeing some Viper that had a larger motor (somewhere around 8.xx liters), twin turbo and all kinds of other crap just barely beating a lightly modded Busa. Keep dreaming or open your wallet.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SLOW SEDAN
You run 11.3@120 with a ProCharger, cam, meth, and stall? I'd be pissed! My 4,000lb family car runs 11.3@120 NA on the stock motor and I get my *** handed to me by imports around here... my buddies driveway built VW runs 10.0@150+ on the stock motor and thats not even the fast cars.
yeah i was running 11.3's back when i was still on my stock 10 bolt rear with 3.23 gears..not the ideal drag ger for my setup as well as i had to be a lil easy on my lauch so i would'nt break my rear..but now i have a Moser 12 bolt with 3.90 gears..it will be a whole nother animal at the track next time i run it..the 11.3 was with fuel pressure issues as well it has since been fixed..i should be 10's now..but i'm not gona sign my name to that statement just yet until i actually run it..BTW..i'm still running stock untouched 853 heads (the crappy ones out the whole stock LS1 head bunch)..so i thought my 11.3 was pretty good..it was enough to make me beat alot of GSXR 600's and hang with some 1000cc bikes as well..in the 1/4th anyways..they easily pull away on the interstate..BTW i bet you buddy's built 10.0 VW is'nt no daily driver street car that he takes his kids to school in now is it?..does it have A/C?..probally not..my car has EVERYTHING still in it fully fuctional daily driver wich is what i do with it..i know there are some fast *** cars out there..but half of them are shitty DD or street cars...having registration and lights does'nt make it a street car in my book
Old 10-21-2011, 11:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Nick V.- We could do that sometime, man. If you want, check out www.eastcoastdomestics.com . A bunch of REALLY cool guys over there. It's a small community, but everyone that posts is pretty active on it. We're doing a cruise this Sunday from VA beach to Newport News, then out by Yorktown, catching the ferry, and coming back through Surry.

*** far as stock liter bikes being super-badass- yeah, the bikes are. Most riders here-not so much. If they don't know how to ride, chances are I can keep up pretty good. If they're on a 600, I usually pull away.

iLoveChevy1... you'd be surprised what some people will DD. My Camaro has 4.10's, dumped x pipe, 4000 stall, no heat or AC, ect, and it's my only working car ATM. Most wouldn't consider it a daily, and it's not even technically legal.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:37 AM
8 Second Club

Received 945 Likes on 701 Posts

Originally Posted by ilovechevy1
yeah i was running 11.3's back when i was still on my stock 10 bolt rear with 3.23 gears..not the ideal drag ger for my setup as well as i had to be a lil easy on my lauch so i would'nt break my rear..but now i have a Moser 12 bolt with 3.90 gears..it will be a whole nother animal at the track next time i run it..the 11.3 was with fuel pressure issues as well it has since been fixed..i should be 10's now..but i'm not gona sign my name to that statement just yet until i actually run it..BTW..i'm still running stock untouched 853 heads (the crappy ones out the whole stock LS1 head bunch)..so i thought my 11.3 was pretty good..it was enough to make me beat alot of GSXR 600's and hang with some 1000cc bikes as well..in the 1/4th anyways..they easily pull away on the interstate..BTW i bet you buddy's built 10.0 VW is'nt no daily driver street car that he takes his kids to school in now is it?..does it have A/C?..probally not..my car has EVERYTHING still in it fully fuctional daily driver wich is what i do with it..i know there are some fast *** cars out there..but half of them are shitty DD or street cars...having registration and lights does'nt make it a street car in my book
Yes actually full interior with exception of drivers seat and the 10pt cage. Most of the fast cars blend in around here looking fairly stock. They don't have fast and furious body kits or wings, not even loud exhausts. My friend put three mufflers on his Audi to cover up the 700hp so it sounds stock until the wastegates open.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TNTramair
wait...you have basically a stock car and youre complaining about getting *** raped by a bike??? lmao
D
Naw not complaining, i just wanted to share the fact that it happened.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

[QUOTE=roninsonic;15533318]Nick V.- We could do that sometime, man. If you want, check out www.eastcoastdomestics.com . A bunch of QUOTE]

ill check it out and depending on the time sunday i just might show up.

however if im looking around for you i cant be asking for a roninsonic. XD

whats your name?
Old 10-22-2011, 01:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

T.T the cruise is saturday. i went back to NC tonight to visit till sunday. guess i cant go now. hell i just got to my NC home at 12:30am
Old 10-22-2011, 03:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Saw this coming a mile away.

Originally Posted by WhiteKnight '01
Have any mods on your car already? A stock LS1 won't stand up to that bike. A modded 11 second ls1 will put up a good match.
I'm assuming we are talking rolls since this is abortion street racing and that's what most do.
An 11 second fbody will get skull ******* by a properly driven 600 from a 20-45mph roll, period.
It would take a 130+mph car to run with one.. And from first gear, the bike would still get the jump.
As a former Honda head, I know for a fact that a well-built boosted B18 or K20 can keep up with things like a busa from a roll... I had an Integra that would destroy pretty much everything from a 70-roll. It refused to launch for **** and sounded like a dump truck until it spooled, but that thing was NASTY.

From a dig, though? Flat-out isn't going to happen without some serious tire and a ridiculous suspension setup.
Lol.. Well built? I guess if well built is 800+whp, sure.

Liter bikes trap 140-145 on the low end.. Few extremely small mods... Ie intake tune etc and they are 150+mph with absolutely stupid first gears.

You destroyed liter bikes? How much power? Weight? With a decent rider in a 2500# car it would take give or take 750whp to run with a liter bike, not destroy it.

Anybody can beat a squid on a rocket... Put a good rider on there and prepare to get your dick smashed in the dirt.

600whp to take a stock 600 from 1st gear..500whp to take them from a 2nd gear roll. And I'm talking their first and second, not a cars.
Old 10-22-2011, 03:47 AM
Captain Double Post

i agree any of you guys talking your pulling 600s and what not is bs, or you found a guy with temp tags, to even mess with bikes you have to have a very well put together ride, even 600s, can a bike be beat yes, but bolt ons etc, is not going to get it done,
Old 10-22-2011, 08:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ONE.

I specified that most around here don't know how to ride. It's not what ya got. It's what you can do with it. And I never said anything about DESTROYING liter bikes in my car.

TWO. I spray, when the mood strikes me. I cheat

THREE. WRONG. Your basic stripper CRX/ EF hatch with a boosted K20 running on E85 has about the same power/weight ratio as a liter bike. They can't launch for ****, but from a roll they're boss.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:38 AM
TECH Resident

6 Speed camaro with 3.23 rear gears stock motor with a 200hit can smash bikes on the highway from 80+rolls..

'Just sayin.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

ONE.

I specified that most around here don't know how to ride. It's not what ya got. It's what you can do with it. And I never said anything about DESTROYING liter bikes in my car.

TWO. I spray, when the mood strikes me. I cheat

THREE. WRONG. Your basic stripper CRX/ EF hatch with a boosted K20 running on E85 has about the same power/weight ratio as a liter bike. They can't launch for ****, but from a roll they're boss.
Power to weight has little to do with it.
Originally Posted by Specialized
6 Speed camaro with 3.23 rear gears stock motor with a 200hit can smash bikes on the highway from 80+rolls..

'Just sayin.
Why would a six speed have 323s?

Smash bikes? A liter bike would still make it look stupid. 600 would put up a fight but fall off after 110 or so.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Power to weight is the REASON bikes are fast.

Not trying to be disrespectful, lemons... But you're wrong. Yeah, bikes are fast... But it's not all that hard to make a car faster.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:51 AM
The House is Rockin'

i beat a bike in my truck one time......

....it was a fat dude on a harley, with his elephant *** girlfriend on the back