Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

MIR is making some Facility Improvements!

Old 01-10-2012, 10:43 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MIR is making some Facility Improvements!

Making a few improvements at MIR this offseason... Nothing major, but a few things we have wanted to do for awhile.

Old concession stand on north side of track is coming down is one of the changes...

MIR has also purchased another ambulance in addition to the ambulance we have now. Now we will have two ambulances in service at all events! This new ambulance is a 2006 F450! It is very nice and in perfect condition!
MIR and our EMT/Firefighter safety crew is here to keep racers safe at MIR!

We have also bought a 2nd firetruck to keep on the starting line at all events. This will be in addition to the firetruck that we have at the top end of the track.

Don't have a photo, it is being fabricated now.

Another upgrade...
You won't find any more wood planks on the bleachers anymore at MIR...

MIR will now have all aluminum bleachers to match the rest of our aluminum bleachers!

When we have good support from the racers and a good fan base then we can afford to make upgrades. Our 4th quarter went very well for us and the World Cup Finals was insane!

There has been a few people that feel that when we have good events that we pocket all the money and move to the Carribean for the winter, but nope we are here working everyday getting things ready for the next season and when we have the funds from big succesful events (World Cup Finals, Superchargers Showdown, MIROCK, etc) then we can put it back into the facility in upgrades that you and your families can enjoy when you come to MIR.

Others know that when we have good events, that my family will put it back into the facility as we have since we bought MIR.

All we ever ask for is your support as often as you can come to MIR. Each time you come gives us the oppurtunity to do more. We have so much on our wishlist of things we want to do to the place over the next 10 years and we know that you will love them too.

We bought MIR in 1989 but leased the land for 10 years. Once we bought the land in 1999, we have spent just over 4 million dollars in improvements (new tower, new restrooms, new concessions, new lighting, new bleachers, new pa system, new racing surface, new fencing, alot more paved pit area, ambulances, firetrucks, tractors, equipment, and so much more).

It's hard for us to spend that kind of money because we are just a small family business, but we are committed to this sport and our whole family truly loves drag racing (Outlaws, Streetcars, Brackets, Pros, Imports, Motorcycles, and all).

So with your support we will continue to grow at MIR, thank you.

Here is another improvement we are doing...
All of our safety equipment is getting moved back behind where the fence used to be. We took down that fence and are leveling up the ground and paving it. We are then moving the tractors, new firetruck, safety truck, sprayers, scrubber, and sweeper back about 26'. So the front of all the equipment will be where the old fence use to be, and a new fence is being put up behind the equipment. This will give the starting line a lot more room and the equipment won't crowd the left lane waterbox anymore.
We are also putting up a new building by the starting line 24' x 32' building (and getting rid the small white shed that we used to have) for more of our track prep equipment to stay in so we can do clean-ups, and prep even faster.

In the photo below...When everything is done... If you were standing in this photo where the golf cart is at, you will be able to see the track (the equipment won't be blocking it anymore)

Here is one of the cosmetic upgrades that are coming...
We have taken down the last bit guardrails at MIR (the ones in the center of the starting line) and we are ripping up all of the asphalt in between the two concrete pads and replacing it with all concrete!
We are putting in a concrete pad between the lanes that will go from the waterbox to the 60' clock and it will also have poured concrete walls in the center for the starter area and a concrete strip to the tree. It is going to look so much better! It is also going to make photos of your car on the starting line look nicer to with a more modern look!
Here is the beginning stage...

You can also notice all of the old wooden bleachers on the North side of the track are gone.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:01 PM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Jason Miller
When we have good support from the racers and a good fan base then we can afford to make upgrades. Our 4th quarter went very well for us and the World Cup Finals was insane!

There has been a few people that feel that when we have good events that we pocket all the money and move to the Carribean for the winter, but nope we are here working everyday getting things ready for the next season and when we have the funds from big succesful events (World Cup Finals, Superchargers Showdown, MIROCK, etc) then we can put it back into the facility in upgrades that you and your families can enjoy when you come to MIR.

Others know that when we have good events, that my family will put it back into the facility as we have since we bought MIR.

All we ever ask for is your support as often as you can come to MIR. Each time you come gives us the oppurtunity to do more. We have so much on our wishlist of things we want to do to the place over the next 10 years and we know that you will love them too.
Very cool.
It's been a few years since I've been down there (well over a 4+ hour drive from here without traffic) but I do plan on returning again this year, especially after seeing these new improvements.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:10 PM
On The Tree

I haven't had a chance to get over there since moving here a few months ago. But I do plan on going now that im situated!
Old 01-10-2012, 03:30 PM
Launching!

Photo of MIR from today up high!

Every pit space at MIR is now striped for trailers!

All of the old wood bleachers on North side of track have been taken down!

Another shot of the starting line before we pull up all of the asphalt in the middle.

Getting the final grade touches done on equipment pad and new starting line building.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:24 PM
9 Second Club

Dam I like those wooden bleachers. They keep the *** warmer.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks good. MIR is a great facility and just keeps getting better. I will continue to make the trip down for rentals when I get my car back together.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:35 PM
11 Second Club

awesome upgrades man.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you'll see me coming from Haverhill MA (45 min north of Boston MA) to race at MIR for the WCF next year. These types of posts are what convince me to come.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:04 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Jason Miller
Photo of MIR from today up high!
Installing a net to catch hoods up there also?? lol

Looks great Jason
Old 01-11-2012, 02:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome! MIR was already the best dragstrip in my neck of the woods and now it's even better!
Old 01-11-2012, 03:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Only been to MIR once but damn was it a nice track. Its nice to see a family striving to make it even better. Congrats on having such a successful year I look forward to making it down a few times this upcoming season.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:44 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mikep2002
this lol
Old 01-11-2012, 06:56 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

DAMN! I was happy just with the killer bathrooms!! LOL

Looks good Jason.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:38 AM
Launching!

Thanks guys!
Old 01-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Staging Lane

Great to see a track expanding rather then closing, nice work Jason, whatever your doing, keep doing it!!
Old 01-11-2012, 03:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikep2002
i loved them to. they dont hurt to sit on like the aluminum ones but i know why they needed to be replace. bad6as almost completely fell threw one of the boards when it broke in half on the top row. you talk about some scary ****. also cant wait to make some trips down to the big races this year and watch some x275 and odr racing.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:40 AM
Launching!

Here is a link to the official story on facility improvements on MIR's website:

http://www.mirdrag.com/v2/news/2012/120111-04.htm
Old 01-12-2012, 07:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

very cool
Old 01-13-2012, 11:14 AM
Launching!

January 13 2012
We are now ripping up all the asphalt in the center of the starting line and getting everything ready for new concrete next week!

January 13 2012
Working on the final grade for the expansion of the asphalt pad area behind the water box. This dirt area you see here will all be paved for MIR's safety equipment and new starting line building!
Old 01-30-2012, 11:56 AM
Launching!

- As you can see in this photo the new concrete starting line walls are being formed, and the new “Prep Shed” building in the background is almost completed.

Search this Thread