Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Seekonk Speedway 2013 Spectator Drags

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 04:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice job getting into 2nd place last event. I'll miss the upcoming show this weekend.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by z28bryan
Nice job getting into 2nd place last event. I'll miss the upcoming show this weekend.
Thanks Bryan! You'll be missed.

Any idea what happened to the orange Firebird I raced in the semis? He was right with me until the end of turn 2 then just quit...

I may have to seriously work on a mild turbo for next year, otherwise there won't be any way to take out that Eclipse and 3000GT...

My wheel bearing is what gave out on me. I got that all fixed up now. I'm gonna try to get a dyno session on Friday if Dez's is open...

Old 07-05-2013, 09:58 AM
Staging Lane

You guys are nutz, but the best show at the speedway.
I tried it a few years ago with my procharged gta, it was a 10 second car that could road race, but I went up against a car that looked like it was ready for demo and let him go in front.
I built a mean street fighter/road race 72 Camaro but never entered it because I made the mistake of painting it.
I would love to try out my new c6 g/s but only if they had classes for cars that cost over $50k!
Ill settle for just watching and rooting for the chevys...like I really needed to.
Old 07-09-2013, 04:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There was an old Volkswagen Rabbit that used to beat the brakes off of just about everything there some years ago. Really entertaining to watch. Man that thing was a sleeper.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:56 AM
TECH Junkie

I'll be there this weekend. Got softball games at 1 and 8 so I should be able to squeeze the speedway in between both.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Geez Lou you almost gave me a heart attack. You almost met with your old friend, the wall once again. Glad you didnt!
Old 08-05-2013, 04:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Also congrats to Al for taking another 1st place trophy home. You must have more power than I do these days. In the past I haven't pushed my car as hard as I could and I think I'm doing that these days. I couldn't pull on you in the straightaways this time and that's usually my strong point.

I definitely recommend the UE decoupled torque arm too. That thing keeps me planted powering out of a turn. Before I had it, I remember just sliding all over the freakin place
Old 08-11-2013, 07:20 PM
Teching In

Bryan thanks
Great job to you lou also.
You changed something in your car? That changed the way it handles. The only think i did to my car was put a used rear in it and it had those lower control arm bracket. it is not power it is handling. Maybe you clutch is going? Just a little slipping make a big diffence. I need you to put you car back the was it was. so you can take some of the fast ones out. I have alway been up front with you on my car.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:02 PM
TECH Junkie

I haven't changed anything except to the UE decoupled torque arm and the LCA and relo brackets to keep the torque arm straight when the car is rolling. I might try them in the lowest bracket.

If anything, I think we have all gotten faster. I'm pretty sure if I went back in time to 2007 that I'd waste myself from back then. I really feel that the past year or two that I'm really giving my car close to 100% and I don't think I did that in the past. I'm sure you're also driving faster than ever before. We have to.. Mike V is the standard now.

In any case maybe I should see how my car is doing on the dyno to check if I've lost anything or if there's a problem

Quick Reply: Seekonk Speedway 2013 Spectator Drags