Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

O`Mally`s Proposed Gun Laws

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 05:42 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Double-aught_Z/28
I was there today, all day. We packed the place. It was worthy of the word epic. All the aides, pages, and lobbyists I talked to said they've never a seen a turnout even remotely close to this size before for any issue.

(For you MDS fellas, I go by just Z/28 over there)
Old 02-07-2013, 08:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1998silverbird
I have a handgun and both my mags are 15 rounds. I would not have a problem taking them my 15 round mags to get the 10 rounders!

I dont really see an issue with what is being proposed! Something needs to be done about all these school,School bus shootings in the country. There were 6 school shooting in the US in the month of Janurary!! Thats just insane. If we dont change the input how do you exspect the output to change? I am willing to be a bigger person and give up some of my freedoms and rights in a chance that my daughter will have a safer life. Thats the way I look at it. I am not going to be the ones who say I already dont follow the laws so nothing is gonna change with me, or I dont want them to have a list of what I have so when they come to my house I can blow them all away.. Thats just stupid. I am sure when our nation was 1st started they were not exspecting that there would be a school shooting every week or that there would be over 300,000,000 living in this country.

Crime will always be there. I feel safer with my handgun no matter if it has 10 or 15 rounds. I have friends that have 20 or so AR 15's and AK 47's and they say its for there protection!! They also say let the gov try to come and take them away from them..

These are not Criminals that are shooting our children in schools, these are Mentally ill people who have no arrest records, or kids and in some cases 6 yrs old who go home and take there parents legally owned gun to school and shoot other kids.

So what would ya'll do if you were the Gov?
I've read everything you've said in this thread... You are hopelessly misinformed, and I am truly GLAD that you no longer serve in my Navy. How DARE you imply that working in air department on a carrier or standing watch as a gate guard makes you some kind of war hero or more informed on the matter of gun control? Keep talking, and I'll explain to EVERYONE on this forum EXACTLY what it was you did during those duties. Too many of my friends have died for you to attempt to steal their glory and use it to your own twisted ends. Oh, that reminds me- you want to mention your oath? ACTUALLY, you DID swear to defend the Constitution, which includes it's Amendments. You make me sick.

Here, let me leave you with THESE.

“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”- Benjamin Franklin

Oh, wait… How about some Jefferson? "No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."

“To disarm the people- that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them.” –MASON

Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." MADISON

"The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" SAM ADAMS

"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." HAMILTON

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." JEFFERSON… AGAIN.

Here, I’ll leave you with something from GEORGE WASHINGTON- "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence ... From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable . . . the very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good"

TOO BROAD FOR YOU? HERE, READ THIS. "To prohibit a citizen from wearing or carrying a war arm . . . is an unwarranted restriction upon the constitutional right to keep and bear arms. If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of constitutional privilege." [Wilson v. State, 33 Ark. 557, at 560, 34 Am. Rep. 52, at 54 (1878)]
Old 02-07-2013, 09:59 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by INMY01TA
3000+ in attendance today, incredible turnout (for those that care about their rights) This definaetely sent a message. First time ever they had to close the doors to the building due to capacity. Didn't see 98 Silverbird there (or anyone for that matter) to express their support. Lol.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=105181
Looks like there was an awesome turnout. A lot of good signs. Those Assault Clipboards look very dangerous and "evil". I wish I could have participated. Hopefully the volume of attendance and testimony will result in our favor.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TwinTurboTurd
Looks like there was an awesome turnout. A lot of good signs. Those Assault Clipboards look very dangerous and "evil". I wish I could have participated. Hopefully the volume of attendance and testimony will result in our favor.
There will be more chances to participate. The rest of the gun bills are scheduled for Senate hearings on March 5th. The House gun bill day is tentatively scheduled for March 1st. Both these dates are subject to change, but we need to get similar turnouts if at all possible to show how serious we are.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:30 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Thats right. This country has no Gun problem. Your absolutly right...

and of all the countries that banned guns how many school bombings do they have? Just saying. Why are there so many school shootings in the USA compared with the rest of the world? Why are there so many gun related murders here in the USA compared to the rest of the world? Any answers?
Our country also has the most people dying from obesity, does that mean we should ban McDonalds?

More innocent children died by accidental poisoning of household items and over the counter medicine last year than by guns. Why is nobody going after the pharmaceutical companies/household cleaner companies?

They made marijuana illegal, how has that worked out?

They made alcohol illegal, what happened then?

Look at whats going on right now, you CANNOT FIND AMMO. PERIOD. Even police are getting worried about their stock. Considering that we are facing a situation where the government will "buy back your gun for $100", why would people be out spending $500-$5000 a gun if they had any intention of EVER giving them back peacefully?

Lets take a look at DC. Total and absolute ban on guns. How many gun related murders happen each day in DC? Dozens. How is that gun ban going? And Maryland, pretty hard to get a gun, cannot conceal carry, anyone want to walk through PG county or Anacostia at night? I dont think so. I worked in Anacostia one night and left at 1 am, I didnt know if it was gunshots or fireworks going off, and it was october.

Detroit and other major cities (with gun bans or heavy restrictions) have now stated, because crimes have gotten so bad, that they will not respond to a call unless the perp is still there, or they have to pick up a body.

The mainstream media, aka all the major networks on TV, almost never report any situations where guns are used to stop a crime. Take that mall shooting that happened a few months ago, it was ended by someone with a concealed carry pointing his gun at the suspect, the suspect going "OH ****" and shooting himself, instead of more people.

If you look at how many innocent people (Im not even talking about people in the ghetto like philly, DC, detroit, baltimore, memphis, and chicago) were killed last year by rifles or high capacity magazines, its nothing compared to things like hammers, knives, bats...why are they not getting banned?

These are not Criminals that are shooting our children in schools, these are Mentally ill people who have no arrest records, or kids and in some cases 6 yrs old who go home and take there parents legally owned gun to school and shoot other kids.

So what would ya'll do if you were the Gov?
I think they need to pass some better gun laws, and start with this:

Mental or fucked in the head person in your family, or a child under 18, that lives in your house, your guns must be SECURE from them. If someone gets access to YOUR GUN, and commits a crime, you are held as EQUALLY GUILTY.

/rant
Old 02-07-2013, 06:01 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by bufmatmuslepants
Our country also has the most people dying from obesity, does that mean we should ban McDonalds?

More innocent children died by accidental poisoning of household items and over the counter medicine last year than by guns. Why is nobody going after the pharmaceutical companies/household cleaner companies?

They made marijuana illegal, how has that worked out?

They made alcohol illegal, what happened then?

Look at whats going on right now, you CANNOT FIND AMMO. PERIOD. Even police are getting worried about their stock. Considering that we are facing a situation where the government will "buy back your gun for $100", why would people be out spending $500-$5000 a gun if they had any intention of EVER giving them back peacefully?

Lets take a look at DC. Total and absolute ban on guns. How many gun related murders happen each day in DC? Dozens. How is that gun ban going? And Maryland, pretty hard to get a gun, cannot conceal carry, anyone want to walk through PG county or Anacostia at night? I dont think so. I worked in Anacostia one night and left at 1 am, I didnt know if it was gunshots or fireworks going off, and it was october.

Detroit and other major cities (with gun bans or heavy restrictions) have now stated, because crimes have gotten so bad, that they will not respond to a call unless the perp is still there, or they have to pick up a body.

The mainstream media, aka all the major networks on TV, almost never report any situations where guns are used to stop a crime. Take that mall shooting that happened a few months ago, it was ended by someone with a concealed carry pointing his gun at the suspect, the suspect going "OH ****" and shooting himself, instead of more people.

If you look at how many innocent people (Im not even talking about people in the ghetto like philly, DC, detroit, baltimore, memphis, and chicago) were killed last year by rifles or high capacity magazines, its nothing compared to things like hammers, knives, bats...why are they not getting banned?

I think they need to pass some better gun laws, and start with this:

Mental or fucked in the head person in your family, or a child under 18, that lives in your house, your guns must be SECURE from them. If someone gets access to YOUR GUN, and commits a crime, you are held as EQUALLY GUILTY.

/rant
well said!
Old 02-07-2013, 06:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

For those not in the loop; this photo was taken at about 8:30 last night during the hearing. It shows Senator Raskin PLAYING CHESS while he should have been listening to our testimony. Man needs to be removed not only from this committee, but from office altogether.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by roninsonic
I've read everything you've said in this thread... You are hopelessly misinformed, and I am truly GLAD that you no longer serve in my Navy. How DARE you imply that working in air department on a carrier or standing watch as a gate guard makes you some kind of war hero or more informed on the matter of gun control? Keep talking, and I'll explain to EVERYONE on this forum EXACTLY what it was you did during those duties. Too many of my friends have died for you to attempt to steal their glory and use it to your own twisted ends. Oh, that reminds me- you want to mention your oath? ACTUALLY, you DID swear to defend the Constitution, which includes it's Amendments. You make me sick.

Here, let me leave you with THESE.

“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”- Benjamin Franklin

Oh, wait… How about some Jefferson? "No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."

“To disarm the people- that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them.” –MASON

Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." MADISON

"The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" SAM ADAMS

"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." HAMILTON

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." JEFFERSON… AGAIN.

Here, I’ll leave you with something from GEORGE WASHINGTON- "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence ... From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable . . . the very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good"

TOO BROAD FOR YOU? HERE, READ THIS. "To prohibit a citizen from wearing or carrying a war arm . . . is an unwarranted restriction upon the constitutional right to keep and bear arms. If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of constitutional privilege." [Wilson v. State, 33 Ark. 557, at 560, 34 Am. Rep. 52, at 54 (1878)]
Your Navy!! Thats a good one.. I am gonna guess you are a Nuke 1st class or Machinest Mate 2nd Class,from your response. I will also guess that you have been in the Navy for 4-6 years and have been in trouble a couple times for loosing your temper towards a fellow shipmate or out in town?

Your right. I had no effect on the war. Keeping aircraft in the air to support our troops on the ground was no real duty at all. All the flight deck department crew working in 140 degree weather in full flight deck gear while jets were taking off and landing to provide the men and women on the ground air support was no real duty you say? I make you sick because all I did was spend 20 months, over 4 deployments, in the persian gulf working 14 hr shifts 7 days a week repairing aircraft that supported our troops on the ground. Thats right I didnt do anything in effort to support the war's. I am sorry but if there was no airsupport from the Navy or Airforce how would the Wars have gone? I am also sorry you lost fellow soldiers and marines but I also lost shipmates and marines as well. If I would have stayed in I would have went IA duty to Afganistan to disarm roadside bombs. I got out as a E6 because I did not like the direction the Navy was going in and I didnt want to disarm bombs as thats not what I signed up for.

Your going to tell everyone what I did on deployments!! Well I will just tell them for you..

What I did on deployments.. I trouble shot Aircraft cockpit gear such as radar, targeting systems, heads up displays, ect.... Just about everything electronic on an aircraft. I repaired circuit boards, and wiring harness with solder stations. I worked on the flight deck to repair certain aircraft and shipboard systems such as the cats, and arresting gear electronics ( basically any plane that needed to be fixed ASAP to run a bombing sorty or provide air support to ground troops, and gear that could not be brought to the hanger bays). If you called in for a airstrike from 2000-2003 chances are that some of those aircraft were from the ships I was stationed on. If they were not able to fly you would not have your airsupport. I was assigned a .50 cal mount, and a damage control locker as well.

If you feel that your Navy service doesnt make you feel Heroic then I am sorry. Maybe you should have joined another branch, or joined during a different time.

Where were you during Sept 11 2001 since you know exactly what I did being deployed at that time on the USS Enterprise?

I am proud of my service for my country and could care less what you think of me. What I did in the Navy got me the job I have now because I was good at fixing stuff under exstream pressure. I get enough thanks from my fellow service members who were on the ground in Iraq for the support that the aircraft I fixed gave them.

You keep quoting presidents from the past but now, as much as I hate to admit it, Obama is the president. If Obama gets his way and changes the constitution to say we are not allowed to have weapons then you will have to support and defend that as well.

As stated before I am against giving up our right to bear arms. I am for gun law changes and certain gun restrictions as well. I wouldnt have a problem with that as long as I am still allowed to own a gun for protection, but in the event that Obama is able to pass a gun ban I would be pissed but will turn in my gun.

The fact is that there are more gun related killings here in the US then anywere else. Why is that??

There are more School shootings here in the US then anywere else. Again why is that??

Last edited by 1998silverbird; 02-07-2013 at 08:36 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Your Navy!! Thats a good one.. I am gonna guess you are a Nuke 1st class or Machinest Mate 2nd Class,from your response. I will also guess that you have been in the Navy for 4-6 years and have been in trouble a couple times for loosing your temper towards a fellow shipmate or out in town?
NOPE... You're pretty far off, on all counts, guy.... Only I've ever been in was a DUI charge because I failed a field sobriety test three days before having four bone grafts, alloplasty, meniscus repair, and PCL/ACL replacement on my knee... Which wound up getting dropped. I did get put on report originally, so I guess that MIGHT count. Try again.

I don't have a problem with you being proud of your time in... I have a problem with you skewing it to attempt to portray a better picture of yourself, all while supporting what amounts to shitting on the 2nd ammendment. If you want to pat yourself on the back, go for it... But don't post up expecting people to take your opinion as gospel because you had a cake-*** job on a carrier troubleshooting equipment... Someone on this board WILL call you on it. This time, it was me.

Argument over. Anything further you want to say to me, feel free to write a note, stick it in a bottle, and shove it up your ***.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:10 AM
12 Second Club

The fact is that there are more gun related killings here in the US then anywere else. Why is that??
Maybe because the US citizens own more guns than any other country? Do we have more general crime than any other country? Nope! Most of the gun violence and crime comes from within our cities.

You can thank our education system and horrible parenting for the violence of our generation. Our country has had firearms since day one. Why is it a problem now all of a sudden?

Do you realize how fast our country is going down hill right now? Do you know how fucked we are with this debt? It is more important now for us citizens to own a firearm than ever. Think about it. You might want to keep your firearm and extra capacity magazines. You may need it to protect your family in the near future.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:53 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

As stated before I am against giving up our right to bear arms. I am for gun law changes and certain gun restrictions as well. I wouldnt have a problem with that as long as I am still allowed to own a gun for protection, but in the event that Obama is able to pass a gun ban I would be pissed but will turn in my gun.
^^^ You keep saying you are against giving up our right to bear arms, but you keep referencing shooting incidents in countries that have gun bans, which implies you do support gun bans.

The same reason there are more deaths from obesity than other countries. Cheeseburgers and guns are more available in the US than other countries. This is America and we're free to eat as many cheeseburgers or own as many guns as we want. If you don't like it of this country.

How about this analogy, since you like to keep referencing magazine capacities. If we were to remove 3 beers from a 6-pack, making a 3-pack, by your logic, that would reduce the amount of DUIs across the nation?

There are more School shootings here in the US then anywere else. Again why is that??
When you attended school, did your teachers make you answer questions in complete sentences?

I will answer your question in a complete sentence (with your logic/view point applied). Read it aloud, so you can hear how stupid it sounds.
"There are more school shootings in the US than anywhere else because of magazines that contain more than 10 rounds."

The correct answer is:
"There are more school shootings in the US than anywhere else because persons with mental health issues aren't properly treated and identified."
Old 02-08-2013, 10:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sig Sauer 250 for the win.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:21 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by roninsonic
NOPE... You're pretty far off, on all counts, guy.... Only I've ever been in was a DUI charge because I failed a field sobriety test three days before having four bone grafts, alloplasty, meniscus repair, and PCL/ACL replacement on my knee... Which wound up getting dropped. I did get put on report originally, so I guess that MIGHT count. Try again.

I don't have a problem with you being proud of your time in... I have a problem with you skewing it to attempt to portray a better picture of yourself, all while supporting what amounts to shitting on the 2nd ammendment. If you want to pat yourself on the back, go for it... But don't post up expecting people to take your opinion as gospel because you had a cake-*** job on a carrier troubleshooting equipment... Someone on this board WILL call you on it. This time, it was me.

Argument over. Anything further you want to say to me, feel free to write a note, stick it in a bottle, and shove it up your ***.
So what is your Rate then? I was a Aviations Electronics Tech/ET on the boat sometimes as well when they needed help fixing shipboard systems.

If you are not proud of your service or think your job in the Navy has no effect on the war effort then maybe you should have picked a different job?

You were deployed in 2001 like I was then I guess you know how easy a job it was back then correct? You were deployed in 2002-2004 the begining of the Iraq war I guess you know how easy a job it was. Again where were you deployed back then?

I remember a thread started by you for getting in trouble in your command for beating up a civilian for hitting his girl. I agree with what you did but the truth is you still got councled by your comand for not making a smart Navy Decision.

As stated before I wasnt over there defending our 2nd admendment right. I watched Sept 11th in my shop on the Enterprise in the middle of the Indian ocean. I was pissed and was worried since my family lives outside of Philly and 120 miles south of NYC. I was worried for there lives. Our med cruise turned into a all out war cruise in 1 day. I wanted to do the best I could at my job to defend my families right to live. Is the 2nd admendment on that list? Of course but it was way at the bottom of it.

Everyone is entitled on having there own opinion. If you dont agree with my opinion that is 1 thing but to attack me because you see the Navy in 2013 and your comparing it to the Navy in 2001 and therefore think I had no effect on the war is just crazy. You need to wake up and realize you are in the US Navy and serving this country. It should be a honor for you and if you dont feel that then your in the wrong job.
There is no reason why I should not feel good about what I did on my deployments. The planes I maintained dropped a ton of ordinance on Afganistan and killed 1000's of terrorist/taliban in the war effort. I know I was a big part of that and the job I did was a big part of that as well. Its a nice thing to see a F14 that I was just repairing by installing a HUD in the cockpit, Launch off the bow fully armed with bombs and hours later come back completly empty just to get reloaded and go again or come back down to the hanger so we could fix something else on it. Yes I took pride in that knowing these Jets were providing air support or just bombing the crap out of enemy stongholds. I got great joy in that and I am sure the marines and soldiers on the ground got great joy in that as well. If thats me portraying a better picture of myself then IDK what to tell you. That is what I did everyday for 8-10 months straight.

I have been on this site since 2003 and you are the 1st person who has called me out for serving in the Navy. Thank you for that. It has brought back many memories from past deployments. You ever see bombing mission videos from the Aircraft you just fixed? They are really telling. You see a squad of Marines surrounded by dozens of Taliban soldiers then a big flash of light and the only people left standing are the Marines. You can even see some of them waving up at the Jet saying thanks. The Piolets use to share those with us and we all use to get a kick out it. This was a couple months into the war though when the bombing went from 24/7 from 4 carriers to 12 hrs a day from our ship and 12 hrs a day from another carrier.

Last edited by 1998silverbird; 02-08-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 12:32 PM
TECH Regular

^^^ You keep saying you are against giving up our right to bear arms, but you keep referencing shooting incidents in countries that have gun bans, which implies you do support gun bans.

The same reason there are more deaths from obesity than other countries. Cheeseburgers and guns are more available in the US than other countries. This is America and we're free to eat as many cheeseburgers or own as many guns as we want. If you don't like it of this country.

How about this analogy, since you like to keep referencing magazine capacities. If we were to remove 3 beers from a 6-pack, making a 3-pack, by your logic, that would reduce the amount of DUIs across the nation?

When you attended school, did your teachers make you answer questions in complete sentences?

I will answer your question in a complete sentence (with your logic/view point applied). Read it aloud, so you can hear how stupid it sounds.
"There are more school shootings in the US than anywhere else because of magazines that contain more than 10 rounds."

The correct answer is:
"There are more school shootings in the US than anywhere else because persons with mental health issues aren't properly treated and identified."
I support a safer world. If the Gov thinks its what we have now then I will support it, if the Gov thinks that it needs to change **** in efforts of making it a safer world then I am for that as well.

I referance those stats because thats what Congress and the President will referance and try to determine the reason why? I googled and found those stats in like 5 mins, you give Obamas team a week or longer to search and who knows what they come up with.

I agree with what you say but will add this little bit to the end.

The correct answer is:
"There are more school shootings in the US than anywhere else because persons with mental health issues aren't properly treated and identified, and have easy access to weapons.

Do I feel going to 10 or less capacity mags will have a effect on whats going on here in the country? IDK. I cant say yes or no because we dont know. I know that I would rather go from 15 rounders to 10 rounders then loose my right to bear arms completely!
Old 02-08-2013, 12:43 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by brians91formula
Maybe because the US citizens own more guns than any other country? Do we have more general crime than any other country? Nope! Most of the gun violence and crime comes from within our cities.

You can thank our education system and horrible parenting for the violence of our generation. Our country has had firearms since day one. Why is it a problem now all of a sudden?

Do you realize how fast our country is going down hill right now? Do you know how fucked we are with this debt? It is more important now for us citizens to own a firearm than ever. Think about it. You might want to keep your firearm and extra capacity magazines. You may need it to protect your family in the near future.
I agree with alot of what you are saying. Makes sense.

Our generation has had Horrible parenting, Bad education system and own more guns then the previous. Again how is that a good thing? Why is guns a problem now, you ask then say 100 years ago? I think you just nailed it on the head. Makes sense what you are saying.

I plan on keeping my Firearm for protection, until it becomes illegal to own if that happens ( which I hope it dont come to that).
Old 02-08-2013, 02:14 PM
Teching In

Get on a boat with Piers Morgan why don't you.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^
"
Hey that **** is not funny! Leave the beer out of it.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:39 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Double-aught_Z/28
I was there today, all day. We packed the place. It was worthy of the word epic. All the aides, pages, and lobbyists I talked to said they've never a seen a turnout even remotely close to this size before for any issue.

(For you MDS fellas, I go by just Z/28 over there)
I live just over the boarder in PA and cant believe this didnt get even a hint of coverage on the news. We frequently get stories out of MD up here. Even more surprising is my gf who lives in Carrol County didnt see any coverage on her local news either. Good job guys. Keep up the good work
Old 02-10-2013, 05:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DropTopBird
I live just over the boarder in PA and cant believe this didnt get even a hint of coverage on the news. We frequently get stories out of MD up here. Even more surprising is my gf who lives in Carrol County didnt see any coverage on her local news either. Good job guys. Keep up the good work
Haha, yea we've been laughing at that ourselves. Our numbers according to Fox were upwards of 5000, according to the Washington Post a couple thousand, WBAL/WJZ said about a thousand, and the Baltimore Sun - a few hundred.

Officially about 1800 signed in to testify against the bill and another 1000+ signatures were collected outside from folks who couldn't get in. Capital police put the total number between the rally and the hearing at about 4000.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:58 PM
11 Second Club

If you really think Obama wants to ban guns for our safety then you are flat out stupid. Gun control isn't about guns, it's about control. An unarmed society is much easier to control. If you give up "assault weapons" and "high" capacity magazines do you think the antis will be appeased and say "okay, our job is done"? No. They never cease. Their goal is complete disarmament. Any new laws passed puts wind in there sails and leads to more legislation. This is not my opinion, this is fact. You say you do not support banning guns but actually you do by supporting mag restrictions and awb.

Last edited by INMY01TA; 02-11-2013 at 11:06 PM.

Quick Reply: O`Mally`s Proposed Gun Laws