Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

O`Mally`s Proposed Gun Laws

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 01:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1998silverbird
Your comparing kids being murdered in schools to car accidents?

does the method in which a child dies matter? its still a child dying..

Your also comparing a right to a privalege. Its not a right that we drive cars and trucks.
exactly, so start with the PRIVELAGE THAT CAUSES MORE DEATHS THEN..

Its a dangerous activity that everytime we take the wheel we have to be aware of.

life is dangerous..

Now this day and age its a dangerous activity to drop my daughter off at school as well. That should not be the case but it is. A lot of older kids in my daughters school didnt go to school for a couple days after the CT shooting because they were scared. Thats not right.

and how many kids at the highschool died from accidents, probably because of texting.. more than people shot at your highschool huh..

The people who died on Sept 11th paid the price for our freedoms. Was that fair?

? how did they pay for our freedom? surely you jest if you think it was an attack because we are a free people.. also, is life fair?

Guess we are part of the greater good that those people sacrifice themselves for not knowing that they would die just like the little kids who get slaughtered @ school.

again, how many firearms are used to commit that .02% of mass murder are on the AWB? your freedom to speak is protected by that 2nd amendment brother.. but, when do you take in to account the times firearms SAVED lives? oh, you dont want to talk about that? i understand, it does no good for your logic..

Is it fair that 5-6 yr olds pay the price so that we can argue about it on these forums? I am sure that the last thing on those kindergardens mind was the 2nd admendment or there privalege to drive a car, but yet they sacrificed there lives for our american rights and you guys wont even listen and discuss ways that we can perhaps change or prevent these sensless killings. Instead you protest and say oh well they died for our rights to bad.

again, the greater good. look up stats on how many mass murders were NOT mass because of firearms. look at violent crime as a whole that was STOPPED by firearms. look at genocide that took place when law abiding citizens were disarmed.. surely children dyin is bad, but again, be it a car acident from another teenager texting, a 21yr old drunk or a skitso on psycho drugs, one thta is willing to kill his own mother to kill kids.. is all bad. but the millions of childrent hat lived through genocide would beg to differ as to at what cost freedom really is

Am I willing to give up my right to have a gun? Not right now but I am willing to hear what the gov proposes and willing to bend my right if I feel it could have a chance at making this world safer.

ok, good, me too. BUT I hear what they are saying, and it will have no effect on the outcome they are trying to alter, and thats to keep guns out of killers hands.. why is that so hard to comprehend? it will only affect people that care about not becoming a criminal, AND not killing in other than self-defense

I agree with the whole abuse on kids. Its horrible that parents beat the living **** out of there kids. Something needs to change with that as that can lead to them going crazy and taking a gun to school to kill people as well.
logic..
Old 02-18-2013, 04:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is it with people thinking it is OK to give up their natural rights for "safety"? I can't believe how many people are willing to accept tyranny for the perceived safety of a police state. As far as I am concerned, if you are willing to violate the 2nd amendment, then you don't care about any of the other amendments in the Bill of Rights, the Constitution altogether, or the theory of natural rights. The United States seems to be suffering from tyranny of the majority right now, where whatever the "majority" thinks is correct and should be law.

There are plenty of warnings from history, but you damn well know that the people who are all about "safety" are ignorant fools who don't care about history.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
"Wherever the real power in a Government lies, there is the danger of oppression. In our Governments, the real power lies in the majority of the Community, and the invasion of private rights is chiefly to be apprehended, not from the acts of Government contrary to the sense of its constituents, but from acts in which the Government is the mere instrument of the major number of the constituents." - James Madison
"I believe that liberty is the only genuinely valuable thing that men have invented, at least in the field of government, in a thousand years. I believe that it is better to be free than to be not free, even when the former is dangerous and the latter safe. I believe that the finest qualities of man can flourish only in free air – that progress made under the shadow of the policeman’s club is false progress, and of no permanent value. I believe that any man who takes the liberty of another into his keeping is bound to become a tyrant, and that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave." - H. L. Mencken
Old 02-18-2013, 05:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I trust the Gov because I worked for the gov for 10 yrs.

As stated before I am for a safer world for my children to live in. What are we doing to fix this? If you think the problem is gonna get better by doing nothing then you are wrong as well. We are stuck then. If the GOV passes new laws they will not be followed and people already dont follow the laws that are out there. If you were the Gov how would you handle this?

The reason those kids got killed in CT is because that Syko had easy access to a arsenal. How does the Gov attempt to prevent this from happening then is laws have no real effect?

It still comes down to 2 questions..

Would the world be safer if there were no guns?

Why is there more people killed in the USA by guns, and more school shootings in the USA by guns then anywere else in the world?
This right here is enough to dismiss anything you have to say.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Holy crap theres more liberal math in this thread coming from one person than there was during the whole first term of Barry Soetoro. Ok maybe not that much but there is some serious authoritarianism coming from the former DCF worker of 10 years.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:10 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by X-ray
What is it with people thinking it is OK to give up their natural rights for "safety"? I can't believe how many people are willing to accept tyranny for the perceived safety of a police state. As far as I am concerned, if you are willing to violate the 2nd amendment, then you don't care about any of the other amendments in the Bill of Rights, the Constitution altogether, or the theory of natural rights. The United States seems to be suffering from tyranny of the majority right now, where whatever the "majority" thinks is correct and should be law.

There are plenty of warnings from history, but you damn well know that the people who are all about "safety" are ignorant fools who don't care about history.
Those history quotes are from how long ago? How about the quotes of the leaders of the countries that have taken there guns away from the people. Countries liken England, Australia, Ireland, ect. How is the tyranny in those places? Why is there Homicide so much smaller then ours? Even China! Whats the reason? They have the same video games, same TV shows, same Movies. They still have crime but its not on the same scale as the USA.

Don't think I don't love this country. I do. I wouldn't have joined the Navy in 99 if I didn't. I am also a republican. I just see the past 15 years and see it getting worse each year with nothing being done to correct the way its going.

You all keep quoting the founding fathers and thats great. I live in Philadelphia area and have a great appreciation for who and what they did but the fact is that most were slave owners. Its funny how they built this country on freedom but yet OWNED humans. I think thats a little disturbing. I get the whole that was a different time and what not so if thats the case then stop quoting them for events that are happening now! Our Nation went to war with each other over there mistakes in owning slaves because people like them didn't want to give up there so called right to own slaves. What did we as a nation learn about that situation?

The revolutionary men who started this country were great men with great ideas 300 years ago but just like Slavery, times change.

If your not willing to change the input how do you expect the output to change? I don't know about you all but I am getting sick of seeing this **** every day in the news. I am for a change. That is how I feel. If that is not american then I guess I aint american. I know that continuing what we have been doing for the past 300 years isnt the answer as well.

Maybe with these threats a lot more people will vote on things as this will be a eye opener for them. I hate hearing people bitch about Obama when they themselves didn't even vote!

Last edited by 1998silverbird; 02-19-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by senicalj4579
Holy crap theres more liberal math in this thread coming from one person than there was during the whole first term of Barry Soetoro. Ok maybe not that much but there is some serious authoritarianism coming from the former DCF worker of 10 years.
I am a dumb person but I assume that you are talking crap about me? I don't know what Authoritarianism is or DCF worker is or who Barry Soretoro is but I assume what you said is funny or ment to make me upset?

Keep on taking shots on me. I really don't care. Its sad that its only because I have a different opinion on the matter then you. Its nice to have mature discussions on here about serious issues isnt it?
Old 02-19-2013, 02:56 PM
On The Tree

For those of you not willing to fight for our rights to own and use firearms remember this quote from **** Germany:

First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Communists
and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

-Niemoller

When they come for your other rights after our guns were removed, we won't be here to fight for you.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:08 AM
On The Tree

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Those history quotes are from how long ago? How about the quotes of the leaders of the countries that have taken there guns away from the people. Countries liken England, Australia, Ireland, ect. How is the tyranny in those places? Why is there Homicide so much smaller then ours? Even China! Whats the reason? They have the same video games, same TV shows, same Movies. They still have crime but its not on the same scale as the USA.

Don't think I don't love this country. I do. I wouldn't have joined the Navy in 99 if I didn't. I am also a republican. I just see the past 15 years and see it getting worse each year with nothing being done to correct the way its going.

You all keep quoting the founding fathers and thats great. I live in Philadelphia area and have a great appreciation for who and what they did but the fact is that most were slave owners. Its funny how they built this country on freedom but yet OWNED humans. I think thats a little disturbing. I get the whole that was a different time and what not so if thats the case then stop quoting them for events that are happening now! Our Nation went to war with each other over there mistakes in owning slaves because people like them didn't want to give up there so called right to own slaves. What did we as a nation learn about that situation?

The revolutionary men who started this country were great men with great ideas 300 years ago but just like Slavery, times change.

If your not willing to change the input how do you expect the output to change? I don't know about you all but I am getting sick of seeing this **** every day in the news. I am for a change. That is how I feel. If that is not american then I guess I aint american. I know that continuing what we have been doing for the past 300 years isnt the answer as well.

Maybe with these threats a lot more people will vote on things as this will be a eye opener for them. I hate hearing people bitch about Obama when they themselves didn't even vote!
You have ignored everything I have wrote so far, but Ill try again...

Why does the change have to be taking away and/or limiting our access to inanimate objects because of the way less than 1% of people use them?

I see kids killed in car accidents every day on the news as well (way more than the amount that are shot). Why dont we start banning cars like LS1LT1 suggested?...

And finally, if you dont like seeing it in the news everyday, stop watching the news! Shootings are now the hot button issue and you are going to see every little incident that you would never hear about otherwise for atleast another month (until there is a new hot button issue to report on).
Old 02-20-2013, 11:15 AM
12 Second Club

We all want change but gun bans are not the kind of change we need.
Attached Thumbnails O`Mally`s Proposed Gun Laws-421789_412719305481262_1287071967_n.jpg  
Old 02-22-2013, 10:00 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by zz4camaro1980
You have ignored everything I have wrote so far, but Ill try again...

Why does the change have to be taking away and/or limiting our access to inanimate objects because of the way less than 1% of people use them?

I see kids killed in car accidents every day on the news as well (way more than the amount that are shot). Why dont we start banning cars like LS1LT1 suggested?...

And finally, if you dont like seeing it in the news everyday, stop watching the news! Shootings are now the hot button issue and you are going to see every little incident that you would never hear about otherwise for atleast another month (until there is a new hot button issue to report on).
Originally Posted by brians91formula
We all want change but gun bans are not the kind of change we need.

Its called an accident for a reason.. I dont think you mean to kill people when you get into an accident. The 4 accidents I have been in, My intent was not to kill somebody. If you are putting car accidents in the same catagory as gun shootings then we should start calling Gun shootings, Gun accidents then right? What happened in CT was a gun accident. What happens everyday on the new is not firearm homicide but a Firearm accident.

I am not ignoring what you say. I dont agree with banning guns as well but I can see why the Gov would be looking into it. We already determind that Gun laws are not followed so adding new laws will just be the same. We already determind that people are not willing to give up there High Compacity mags, and give up certain high power weapons. What else is there that the gov has to offer? We already determind that people are not willing to pay a little more in taxes to have a security force present at every 150,000 + schools in America. Everybody wants change. Change comes at a cost. What should the gov do? Go door to door to see if you are alowed to legally own a weapon and if so checking to see if you are following the current laws?

The Gov has statistics that show less crimes and less murders in nations that have gun bans. The world has statistics that show the USA is the most dangerous country in the world! Why is that??

I am also sure that its more then 1% of people in this country that are criminals. There were 500 murders in Chicago last year, and 300 in Philly. Thats only 2 cities in the entire country.

We see shootings on the news everyday because its were I live. Even in Virginia Beach there were shootings on the news just about everyday. If I dont see it on the news I read about it on Facebook. Its the norm nowa days. I dont remember it being like this 10 or 15 years ago..

Last edited by 1998silverbird; 02-22-2013 at 10:08 AM.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Its called an accident for a reason.. I dont think you mean to kill people when you get into an accident. The 4 accidents I have been in, My intent was not to kill somebody. If you are putting car accidents in the same catagory as gun shootings then we should start calling Gun shootings, Gun accidents then right? What happened in CT was a gun accident. What happens everyday on the new is not firearm homicide but a Firearm accident.

I am not ignoring what you say. I dont agree with banning guns as well but I can see why the Gov would be looking into it. We already determind that Gun laws are not followed so adding new laws will just be the same. We already determind that people are not willing to give up there High Compacity mags, and give up certain high power weapons. What else is there that the gov has to offer? We already determind that people are not willing to pay a little more in taxes to have a security force present at every 150,000 + schools in America. Everybody wants change. Change comes at a cost. What should the gov do? Go door to door to see if you are alowed to legally own a weapon and if so checking to see if you are following the current laws?

The Gov has statistics that show less crimes and less murders in nations that have gun bans. The world has statistics that show the USA is the most dangerous country in the world! Why is that??

I am also sure that its more then 1% of people in this country that are criminals. There were 500 murders in Chicago last year, and 300 in Philly. Thats only 2 cities in the entire country.

We see shootings on the news everyday because its were I live. Even in Virginia Beach there were shootings on the news just about everyday. If I dont see it on the news I read about it on Facebook. Its the norm nowa days. I dont remember it being like this 10 or 15 years ago..
Accident or not, the simple fact that people are dying is the driving cause/factor behind trying to push these laws through... if your rally cry is to save lives then what does it matter its accidental or intentional? Something has to change, right?

As I said before- I am for universal backround checks... as long as they create laws that make those checks more effective while not taking a week to complete. Put the pressure on local municipalities to accuratly update the database (so it can have a meaniful effect). Then when you go to buy a gun you have a 20min wait for a phone call to the FBI, then out the door.

Last edited by zz4camaro1980; 02-22-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:38 PM
TECH Regular

A lot of you may have seen this already but if you haven't it is a legal immigrant understanding the constitution and more general basic knowledge of how it works then a lot of US born citizens.

Old 02-22-2013, 04:20 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by zz4camaro1980
Accident or not, the simple fact that people are dying is the driving cause/factor behind trying to push these laws through... if your rally cry is to save lives then what does it matter its accidental or intentional? Something has to change, right?

As I said before- I am for universal backround checks... as long as they create laws that make those checks more effective while not taking a week to complete. Put the pressure on local municipalities to accuratly update the database (so it can have a meaniful effect). Then when you go to buy a gun you have a 20min wait for a phone call to the FBI, then out the door.

My Rally cry is to stop challenged kids, crazy people, or criminals from killing others.

A 14 yr old kid makes a decision to get his parents gun and take it to school to shoot a classmate who is picking on him. How can we prevent that? Creating more laws will prevent that? Take the gun out of the house will prevent that?

How do you prevent a criminal from purchasing a gun on the street? More laws? Take the guns off the streets?

How do you stop insane people from purchasing guns? More laws? Take the guns off the streets?

These are the questions that we should be asking ourselves and I am sure the Gov officials are asking themselves as well. I hope a new law will come out and it has a real effect on everything.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

The real answer is to put responsibility back into the citizens. If your child or someone in your house uses your gun to commit a crime, you should be held equally responsible. If your gun is stolen, and it was not REASONABLY locked up, you are held responsible if it is used in a crime. I say reasonably because if it is in a safe and they steal the safe or break it open, thats hard to stop. If people had to answer for their children shooting up schools, Im sure parents would lock their guns up better.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My Rally cry is to stop challenged kids, crazy people, or criminals from killing others.
Can't be done. Don't believe me, then go study Criminology yourself. If someone is determined to commit a crime for irrational reasons; they can't be stopped short of a use of force against them. If they can't get a gun, they will use something else. The guy in CT could have just as easily made a bomb from household chemicals, run over the kids with a truck at recess, or set the building on fire. In short, world peace is not possible; you live in a dream if you think it is.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:18 PM
Teching In

Agreed with the above. If your kid or someone in your house takes your gun then its your FAULT for not securing it and not teaching your kids gun safety. I don't know why people aren't asking why we don't put metal detectors at the front doors to all schools and lock the doors from being opened from the outside after school starts. At my high school they installed a system my senior year where you had to be buzzed in to unlock the front door from the office if you were late but the door opened easily from the inside. The rest of the doors were locked in the building so it was the only way in. Also since people are so opposed to guards for some reason we need to have actual drills and training in schools for an active shooter.

Gun laws wont stop people who really want to use them either. This is't like yemen where you can legally buy a gun or RPG at the local shopping center. Shootings still happen in DC and were happening in VA 15+ years ago as others have already stated. Check the stats on newport news, which has more crime than the national average but has decreased recently. http://www.city-data.com/crime/crime...-Virginia.html
Old 02-23-2013, 01:42 AM
10 Second Club

Lightbulb

Those history quotes are from how long ago?
Not sure what 'age' has to do with it. Those quotes are from the founding fathers and they were the ones that framed this great nation and 'set the tone'/made the rules for it's future.
If we're going to so nonchalantly dismiss all of their quotes simply because they're from 150-240 years ago then maybe we need to tear up the entire Constitution/Bill of Rights and give ourselves back to England as well?
You can't be a little pregnant, either we follow/abide by the original intent or we don't.

Countries liken England, Australia, Ireland, ect. How is the tyranny in those places? Why is there Homicide so much smaller then ours?
Tyranny doesn't happen overnight, Hitler, Stalin even Catro didn't start out all bad, it took years for the **** to REALLY hit the fan but once it did and the people realized it, it was too damn late to do anything.
I'm surprised one would even want to risk 'testing the waters' to see if it could actually happen here someday or not.
Oh and that standard: "Oh stop being paranoid, it can't happen here!" response.
Slavery, Japanese-American internment (concentration) camps in WWII, segregation, drones flying overhead etc. etc.
IT ALREADY HAS HAPPENED HERE.
Better to be a little paranoid and FREE, then totally naive and DEAD.

Oh and England? Yes actual FIREARM violence is lower but there IS a flip side:

Home invasions/crime (especially involving elderly/disabled victims) is also at EPIDEMIC proportions in Australia as well.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:24 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

A 14 yr old kid makes a decision to get his parents gun and take it to school to shoot a classmate who is picking on him. How can we prevent that? Creating more laws will prevent that? Take the gun out of the house will prevent that?

How do you prevent a criminal from purchasing a gun on the street? More laws? Take the guns off the streets?

How do you stop insane people from purchasing guns? More laws? Take the guns off the streets?

These are the questions that we should be asking ourselves and I am sure the Gov officials are asking themselves as well. I hope a new law will come out and it has a real effect on everything.
So you're suggesting that if guns were illegal, there would be no more deaths by gun?

Hahaha! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ! That's funny.

If you are so convinced confiscation and turn in is the answer, why don't you lead by example and turn in all your firearms.

I bet there will be unicorns shitting skittles and farting rainbows in a gun free America.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:31 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TwinTurboTurd
So you're suggesting that if guns were illegal, there would be no more deaths by gun?

Hahaha! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ! That's funny.

If you are so convinced confiscation and turn in is the answer, why don't you lead by example and turn in all your firearms.

I bet there will be unicorns shitting skittles and farting rainbows in a gun free America.

I am asking questions that need to be asked. I am not leading by example in anyway until a decision is made by our Gov. If our Gov desides to ban guns I will turn in my guns, if not I will not turn in my guns.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:44 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by bufmatmuslepants
The real answer is to put responsibility back into the citizens. If your child or someone in your house uses your gun to commit a crime, you should be held equally responsible. If your gun is stolen, and it was not REASONABLY locked up, you are held responsible if it is used in a crime. I say reasonably because if it is in a safe and they steal the safe or break it open, thats hard to stop. If people had to answer for their children shooting up schools, Im sure parents would lock their guns up better.
Agree with you 100%!!

Originally Posted by Double-aught_Z/28
Can't be done. Don't believe me, then go study Criminology yourself. If someone is determined to commit a crime for irrational reasons; they can't be stopped short of a use of force against them. If they can't get a gun, they will use something else. The guy in CT could have just as easily made a bomb from household chemicals, run over the kids with a truck at recess, or set the building on fire. In short, world peace is not possible; you live in a dream if you think it is.
So tell me why dont they use bombs now to kill kids at school since its easier then carrying guns, and a bomb will kill more? I think its easier for these people to get a hold of guns and its less of a risk as well.

In those countries with gun bans, I dont see there mentally challenged people blowing up schools do you? I saw that one dude in China stab 20 some kids in a school. All the kids survived there injuries. I am sure if you gave that choice to the CT families that would they would rather have there kids survive a knife attack then be slaughterd by a gun attack, which do you think they would choose? Thats the difference between life and death, Knife or gun.

Originally Posted by Morphine
Agreed with the above. If your kid or someone in your house takes your gun then its your FAULT for not securing it and not teaching your kids gun safety. I don't know why people aren't asking why we don't put metal detectors at the front doors to all schools and lock the doors from being opened from the outside after school starts. At my high school they installed a system my senior year where you had to be buzzed in to unlock the front door from the office if you were late but the door opened easily from the inside. The rest of the doors were locked in the building so it was the only way in. Also since people are so opposed to guards for some reason we need to have actual drills and training in schools for an active shooter.
Because it cost money to do that. We already established that people are not gonna let the Gov raise school tax in order to afford this. I am for this as well and will glad give a couple more dollars in efforts to make my daughter safer at school. Thats a no brainer for me.

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Not sure what 'age' has to do with it. Those quotes are from the founding fathers and they were the ones that framed this great nation and 'set the tone'/made the rules for it's future.
If we're going to so nonchalantly dismiss all of their quotes simply because they're from 150-240 years ago then maybe we need to tear up the entire Constitution/Bill of Rights and give ourselves back to England as well?
You can't be a little pregnant, either we follow/abide by the original intent or we don't.

Tyranny doesn't happen overnight, Hitler, Stalin even Catro didn't start out all bad, it took years for the **** to REALLY hit the fan but once it did and the people realized it, it was too damn late to do anything.
I'm surprised one would even want to risk 'testing the waters' to see if it could actually happen here someday or not.
Oh and that standard: "Oh stop being paranoid, it can't happen here!" response.
Slavery, Japanese-American internment (concentration) camps in WWII, segregation, drones flying overhead etc. etc.
IT ALREADY HAS HAPPENED HERE.
Better to be a little paranoid and FREE, then totally naive and DEAD.

Oh and England? Yes actual FIREARM violence is lower but there IS a flip side:

Home invasions/crime (especially involving elderly/disabled victims) is also at EPIDEMIC proportions in Australia as well.

Funny you bring up the founding fathers and then in the next comment you bring up slavory as an effect of what a gun ban can. Werent the founding fathers slave owners? Whats the difference then? Why is it okay that they owned people as tyrants?

I would much rather face a criminal with a knife or with fists then with a gun. Thats just me. I already cant carry a gun here in the state of NJ so when I am walking in the mall or on the street I would rather not be faced against a criminal with a gun.

Quick Reply: O`Mally`s Proposed Gun Laws