Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

O`Mally`s Proposed Gun Laws

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 07:49 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1998silverbird
I am asking questions that need to be asked. I am not leading by example in anyway until a decision is made by our Gov. If our Gov desides to ban guns I will turn in my guns, if not I will not turn in my guns.
This statement proves that you don't deserve the right to own a gun.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:08 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TwinTurboTurd
This statement proves that you don't deserve the right to own a gun.
Why is that?? If the Gov Passes a law that Bans guns I am gonna follow that Law!! If I don't follow that law I am a criminal correct? If its un American because I will follow the law of this land then I guess I am not American then. I would be pissed that I cant own a gun but I will get over it. Owning a gun is way down on my list of whats important to me in life.

If you don't follow laws then that's on you but I do, or try my best to do. I don't mess around with gun laws especially while living in NJ. If you would rather have a civil war or revolution then that's your choice. I have been to Valley Forge, and to Gettysburg and have seen all the memorials from our last Civil war. No thanks.

The criminals wont be the biggest concern for the Gov if they pass a law to ban guns. Its gonna be the people who wont give up there guns that posses the biggest threat.

So tell what will you do if they, your gov, passes a law that bans firearms?
Old 02-23-2013, 08:26 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Why is that?? If the Gov Passes a law that Bans guns I am gonna follow that Law!! If I don't follow that law I am a criminal correct? If its un American because I will follow the law of this land then I guess I am not American then. I would be pissed that I cant own a gun but I will get over it. Owning a gun is way down on my list of whats important to me in life.

If you don't follow laws then that's on you but I do, or try my best to do. I don't mess around with gun laws especially while living in NJ. If you would rather have a civil war or revolution then that's your choice. I have been to Valley Forge, and to Gettysburg and have seen all the memorials from our last Civil war. No thanks.

The criminals wont be the biggest concern for the Gov if they pass a law to ban guns. Its gonna be the people who wont give up there guns that posses the biggest threat.

So tell what will you do if they, your gov, passes a law that bans firearms?
You need to read up on your world history and consider the quality of life for your children and grandchildren. My argument really has less to do with guns and more to do with rights. You don't seem to understand the consequences of forfeiting a right.

By forfeiting a right, you are paving the way for future politicians to push their agendas and further amend or revoke rights. The problem is you want to solve a long term problem immediately without considering the direct and indirect consequences on future generations of Americans.

The government is not always right and the fact that you will blindly follow them without question makes you a BIG part of the problem with this country. I bet you believe everything you see on the news and read on the Internet. I'm a French supermodel. Bonjour.

I WILL NOT turn in my guns.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I am a dumb person but I assume that you are talking crap about me? I don't know what Authoritarianism is or DCF worker is or who Barry Soretoro is but I assume what you said is funny or ment to make me upset?

Keep on taking shots on me. I really don't care. Its sad that its only because I have a different opinion on the matter then you. Its nice to have mature discussions on here about serious issues isnt it?
Old 02-26-2013, 08:31 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TwinTurboTurd
You need to read up on your world history and consider the quality of life for your children and grandchildren. My argument really has less to do with guns and more to do with rights. You don't seem to understand the consequences of forfeiting a right.

By forfeiting a right, you are paving the way for future politicians to push their agendas and further amend or revoke rights. The problem is you want to solve a long term problem immediately without considering the direct and indirect consequences on future generations of Americans.

The government is not always right and the fact that you will blindly follow them without question makes you a BIG part of the problem with this country. I bet you believe everything you see on the news and read on the Internet. I'm a French supermodel. Bonjour.

I WILL NOT turn in my guns.

So we are complaining that Criminals dont follow laws and are a reason why we have so much violence in this country but if the Gov makes new laws to turn in certain guns that you will not follow them? Wouldnt that make you a criminal as well? Criminals are whats hurting this country not people who are willing to follow laws! This country was built by a not perfect gov and now a not perfect gov is trying to fix the issues we have.

I dont want to solve anything, just throwing out ideas. Only thing I am saying is that if they pass new laws I am gonna follow them. I am not one for breaking gun laws and therefore I would follow them.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:09 PM
10 Second Club

Funny you bring up the founding fathers and then in the next comment you bring up slavory as an effect of what a gun ban can. Werent the founding fathers slave owners? Whats the difference then? Why is it okay that they owned people as tyrants?
It was NOT ok, they were flawed in that regard, as you said a "not perfect government".
So now, your "logic" is suggesting that we should throw out THE ENTIRE Constitution/Bill of Rights based on the horrible mistakes (involving what was (wrongly) a WORLD ACCEPTED VIEW about the human race at the time) that a few white guys made 200+ years ago?
Because if you're willing to do that then I assume you're also just as willing to allow the authorities to enter your home without forewarning to take your firearms (or your cars, your wife, your child) for no valid reason or even go straight to prison for what you and I are doing right now...freely expressing our opinions publicly, rights that are ALSO protected under those very same documents.

Please, don't ever take ANY lines within that Constitution/Bill of Rights for granted.
Dismiss just one of them and then suddenly THEY'LL ALL be reopened to revision/reinterpretation.
You can't have it both ways bro.

So we are complaining that Criminals dont follow laws and are a reason why we have so much violence in this country but if the Gov makes new laws to turn in certain guns that you will not follow them? Wouldnt that make you a criminal as well?
Today it's a .50 caliber bullet ban and only 10 round magazines (yes, NJ is in the process of putting those very bills through the system).
One more school shooting and then it will be .45 & .40 caliber ammo and 5 round magazines.
Then it's pitbulls.
Then it's V8 RWD performance cars.
Then it's big screen TVs.
Then it's how many children you can or can't have.
etc. etc.

Yes, a law abiding population is critical for a civil society to exist/flourish.
But at what point do you decide to no longer comply with laws that are clearly deemed as unconstitutional and overly invasive?
You (and SO many others) seem FAR too willing to do anything and everything that your government tells you is "correct" or "right" and honestly, that's starting to scare me a little more than even some criminal with a gun does.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So we are complaining that Criminals dont follow laws and are a reason why we have so much violence in this country but if the Gov makes new laws to turn in certain guns that you will not follow them? Wouldnt that make you a criminal as well?
No. You are under no legal obligation to follow unconstitutional laws.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:35 PM
TECH Regular

Well sb-281 is moving forward. Its looking real grim for us. Buy your lowers while you can before you get labeled a criminal

O`Mally`s Proposed Gun Laws-brendjt.jpg

Last edited by jetaws6; 02-28-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All gun owners are already considered criminals in the legislatures eyes here.

Quick Reply: O`Mally`s Proposed Gun Laws