Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

LS1 Tuner in MD.

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 10:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thechef
Look to ALL involved here please tone down the language..............
Sorry about that. Just frustrated with all of this.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well from reading all of this i think you need to deal with Jeff directly not anyone else, and from my point of view and i only know what i am reading here, but if you owe them a pulley you should return it no questions asked, and if you have a problem with the tune Jeff offered in his first post to make it right and i dont see anything wrong with that.........
and if you want a refund you should be expected to have your tune removed and your old file sent back in the pcm and go on your way....

but either way i see it you should deal with Jeff and it looked like he was willing to work it out with you..........
Old 05-18-2004, 10:32 PM
Launching!

I was in the process of dealing with Jeff directly but he jumped on one of my post and bashed me. It works both ways.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:35 PM
Launching!

I don't usually go back to a buisness that did me wrong the first time so they could do it again. Do you?
Old 05-18-2004, 11:39 PM
TECH Addict

Talking

Originally Posted by cbraklr
$500 on shiz.
thanks guys but im a lova not a fighter

jeff has tuned everyone of my cams this last one surged stumbeld poped etc .first try (driving around) got it real close .tuning takes some time its not an exact thing or everyone could do it. each car is different.

you are a thiefe. you need to call the shop or go there and work it out. jason offered a refund on edit ?(350) and you give the pully back(250) are you retarded? your getting more back fool.

Last edited by ShiznityZ28; 05-18-2004 at 11:45 PM.
Old 05-19-2004, 12:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Sorry goinbroke i dont have more free time to read the BS on some of these boards, unfortunately. I dont have time to keep tabs on you and track you down, tried that. You know where to call Jason and talk to him about a refund, and you know what address to send a pulley to (fully insured, brand new SFI approved ASP) because youve been there. No one else needs to speak for me, but apparently they WANT to, because you dont listen when I tell you something, or just dont answer at all. I told you what to do to rectify the situation in the manner you wanted (refund and send me a new SFi pulley back) you have not done it. Dont knwo why I went to Jason and even pushed the issue, but I did. Would be alot easier if Jason just gave me money for the pulley, and save him $150. Wed both win, and you'd lose. But, we offered the right way to go about things.

I apologize for ruining your party on your best 11.80 @ 116 thread, but you werent responding to phone calls, emails, or PMs. ***** in your court - arrange a refund with Jason and send me a pulley, or easier yet, Ill have Jason give you a $350 refund minus the cost of a pulley. Congrats on the 11s, was that after your retune from my "bad" tune?

PM From me 03-20-2004, 05:27 PM
Okay its been a week (not to mention a few months), and weve called you more than once, which is at least 2 times too many. You stated your side, and I stated mine. You were wrong, admitted it and now you need to correct it, have yet to call liek you stated.

Hows this for an analogy. If you work for a construction company, and you build a deck, and it warps. Does the homeowner sue you? Or Johns Decking?

If you work for Verizon, and run phone lines. When the service goes out, do you get the phone call, and get your pay docked, or does someone come by and take your cell phone to use for the week?

Pm from goinbroke 02-04-2004, 09:48 PM
Hey Jeff, I am going to mail you that pulley because i just can't get the time to get out there. I got a question for you. I am selling my centerline wheels and the et streets. If you know anybody who is interested please let me know. The wheels are: front-15 x 5 and the rears are 15 x 8. I patched the nail hole from the inside so that is not an issue anymore. The et streets only have 4 runs on them. Thanks alot and talk to you soon. By the way,did you look at the atap runs yet? Thanks Shaun
Old 05-19-2004, 01:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by goinbroke
Who the hell are you people. I don't even know. Leave me the **** alone and let Jeff fend for himself. Oh and there are plenty of sponsors on this board that i won't mention, who say the same thing as me. They say they would expect to give a refund if they could not do their job. I would not be the one who worries about getting their *** kicked.
Is this supposed to mean I should worry about you kicking my ***? I would definitely clarify what you are trying to say, Im listening carefully - say what you mean and mean what you say. I dont need to "fend" for anything, I said what needed to be said MONTHS ago. When I feel like I need to "fend for myself" Ill respond to you, otherwise - ball is in your court, to do with what you like.

You said the car still takes 10 minutes to find idle? Did you get it fixed yet?
Im beginning to wonder how the car really runs. You wont brign your car up here so we cna put the original tune in it, you wouldnt drive up here before you wanted to mail it.
Old 05-19-2004, 08:01 AM
Launching!

You just don't listen. Time is money. I cannot spend a third day with you on tuning. I really don't think it would have done a damn thing but waste more of my time. You can say this and say that but the truth is i paid for something i did not get. That is where it starts. I will meet you personally somewhere to show you how the car runs since you think i am lying. The car wont lie. Did you not hear me say i am going to Rapid to have it tuned? No it is not fixed. If i was lying why would i go and spend another $600 for another tune hmmmm. I will send you a reciept to prove it. How come you still have not answered the question about my atap logs? Your analagies are bs. You tuned my car not Jason. Also you never said that pulley was your personal pulley when i was there. You said it when you new there was a problem. Like i said enjor you pulley crybaby.
Old 05-19-2004, 09:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Im not asking you to spend another day up here. Jason asked you to call him, schedule a time and put the original tune back in. I asked you to bring me the pulley. Simple, but hard for you. Funny thats exactly what you said you wanted, but still wont do it. You said you thought theres no way jason would give you a refund, but we made that a possibility, but still no dice.

What do you want to know about your atap logs? they may still be here. Did I need to specify it was my pulley? As for being a crybaby... lol I didnt see anyone posting up with the crying smiley in response to something I said. Outside/3rd parties told you you were in the wrong. If you still want a refund, You will get $350-$205 (cost f a pulley) back.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:19 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by goinbroke
You guys don't even know the whole story, so don't act like you do. Like i said, i am glad you all are happy. Good for you. I am not. Will you eat **** and pay for it. I don't think so. I thought fbodycentral was a buisness. I run a buisness, and if i make mistakes, i pay for it. Thats how it usually works. Did you not hear me say i will gladly give the pulley back in return for a refund. I think that is fair. Do you all have families you support? If not you would not understand the value of money. And if you want to race me, i will gladly race you after i get correct tuning otherwise i will get smoked. I will gladly show up for the transition of refund+pulley. Is that a threat. Who is being childish.

I know the whole story, and you're a bitch. Eat a dick. I think it's your fault that you're out this $1175, going to Rapid to spend another $600 doesn't make the best economic sense. Would be much easier to give Jeff the second chance he deserves to make it right. Maybe you're the one that doesn't know the value of $$$. You say you run a business? I certainly hope that you would want your customers to give you the benefit of the doubt if and when you mess up. Just my $.02
Old 05-20-2004, 08:16 PM
Launching!

No it would be the third chance you idiot. It would not make sense to take it to someone who knows what their doing? Pretty logical to me. Yes i do hope my customers would give me a second chance. But a third is out of the question. That is why you do it right the first time and not need a second chance. How long has Jeff been tuning cars? Well i have been doing my buisness for 10yrs. Since i was 16. Their is a reason for that. Cause i do my job right. Anything else?
Old 05-21-2004, 06:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Goingbroke - 2 things you've said dont make sense to me (among many others). First, you say that IF you dont have a family to support - you dont understand the value of money (paraphrasing ofcourse). That is a completely idiotic statement if I've ever heard one. A family is a choice - just like not having one. I think MOST people in here (with a family to support or not) understand the value of a dollar so its not like your problem has any more impact to your then to someone else. If you cant afford to do both (have a family and a sports car) - then you need to look over your priorities.

Secondly, you say to Jeff that you dont have the time or the money to spend a third day with Jeff up at FBC yet you are ALREADY planning on taking the car all the way up to Rapid Motorsports for them to tune it? Where they would have to pull the current program and start their tuning process from scratch? On top of that you are paying $600 for it? What kind of "economic" sense does that make? Considering I am sure Jeff and FBC would be willing to work something out to get your tuning straight that wouldnt involve $600 nor the close to 4 hour each way car trip to Rapid? Which one is gonna take up more of your time again? Which one is gonna cost you more?

Has anyone else thought that maybe the tuning may not be the problem? Could there be another underlying issue not noticed? I am just wondering why, if the tune was SOOOO bad, he left FBC in the first place? If it took 10 minutes to find idle - why did he drive off the FBC lot? If it ran completely shitty - why was he making 1/4 mile pass after 1/4 mile pass?

To me it sounds like FBC has extended their hand in an attempt to make this right. If you are not interested - say so - fulfil your obligations, then STFU. You had your right to post a negative comment about them, and to me it looks like Jeff threw it in your *** when he posted up actual fact (copies of PM's) against what sounds like a 4 year old throwing a temper tantrum. And while you are ALLOWED to post negative comments about a shop or experience, everyone else is entitled to post their possitive ones as well. And to me - it appears you are in the EXTREME minority on this one as everyone else speaks extremely highly of them and for some quirky reason - damn near every FAST F-body that runs around these parts (within an 2 hours of their shop) has passed their their doors. I wonder why.

Oh BTW Jeff and Jason - How fast did Calvin go the other day - 9's? What about Chuck? Evil got his 9's not too long ago right? How's Shiz doing? Bruce still knocking on the 10's NA? How about the newbie Native? Moose cracked 10's NA a couple weeks ago right? Did Chris98pace? And so on and so on ................
Old 05-21-2004, 08:29 AM
Launching!

I don't have the time or money to spend at fbc. The way it was going, it didn't look like Jeff could get the car right at all. I drove the car home because i needed to get home. Their is no underlying problem. The tune is way off. It's that simple. I can afford to do both obviously but i did not expect to take off work time and time again for tuning. If they told me that upfront, i would have never gone there in the first place. Does that answer any questions?
Old 05-21-2004, 08:35 AM
Launching!

By the way, when i got home that night after the second day of tuning, my wife heard the car when i pulled in and said what the **** did they do to your car? It's pretty bad when she's says that and knows nothing about cars. Also, i don't care if i'm the minority. What happened, happended.
Old 05-21-2004, 10:19 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Hannibal
Oh BTW Jeff and Jason - How fast did Calvin go the other day - 9's? What about Chuck? Evil got his 9's not too long ago right? How's Shiz doing? Bruce still knocking on the 10's NA? How about the newbie Native? Moose cracked 10's NA a couple weeks ago right? Did Chris98pace? And so on and so on ................
Calvin went 10's, chuck broke into the 9's, moose went 10.91, Shiz is at OC now with his new 408 breaking it in, he'll be making some low 10 sec. passes w/in the next few weeks, native is runnin low-mid 11's H&C, Chris98Pace has his new motor in the car running........ .but they all run shitty

Wifey: "WTF did they do to your car? It sounds so much better than it does when you get done messing with it???"

F'ing tool.
Old 05-21-2004, 02:41 PM

so either way you still owe them the pulley as i see it or am i reading all of this wrong??
Old 05-21-2004, 07:08 PM
Launching!

I guess you are. I didn't realize Md had so many idiots. By the way, thanks fbc for telling Mikey not to tune my car. You guys are a piece of work. Anymore want to jump on the bandwagon.
Old 05-21-2004, 09:10 PM
Launching!

Well I will put my .02 in here. Jeff tuned my car with a big cam in it. I had all kinds of issues with it, running out of fuel needed new injectors. I had my own copy of LS1 edit and he took care of me. It took 2hours for Jeff to tune the car ,and the car went 11.51 with a bad torque convertert. Now this is with a cam only car with an A-4. Then Jason put a rebuild trans in my car and IT DIDNT WORK, Guess what he did. Pulled the trans again to get it fixed. And to tell you something Jason had to pull thats Trans at least 4 times before the tranny guy got it right. And I never paid more then the orginal estimate. Now thats what I call great customer service.

Jeff get ready to tune a bigger cam for me this summer.

Rob
Old 05-21-2004, 10:22 PM
Launching!

I already said i am glad all of you are happy with your tune. That's great to hear man, happy for ya. I am not so lucky. I would ask Jeff questions when he was tuning my car and his answer was always (uh i don't know). That is just not good enough for me. Sorry. The matter is in process of being resolved for Jeff that is. He is getting his pulley. But now that fbc discouraged Mikey from tuning my car, i have nowhere to go. So i guess i'm stuck with a shitty runing car. But atleast all of you and Jeff will be happy. That's all that really matters. Right? LOL.
Old 05-22-2004, 05:44 AM
10 Second Club

I bet Mikey read this and probally wanted nothing to do with the situation..

ANd also another Maryland idiot chiming in.. Thanks FBC for the great tuning and the 10 sec passes.

goingbroke,, shootout next saturday at MIR if you want to come down and fix the problem face to face with FBC. I'm sure they will be there. and you could try and better your times in the process.

Also, what power did you get out of your tune with Jeff?

Quick Reply: LS1 Tuner in MD.