Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Residents look to move or cancel Cruisin events in OCMD

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 04:43 PM
Self-Admitted Scammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TNTramair
let me ask you a serious question....what are you trying to proove by doin that?
Not a thing..just want to have fun. anyone that knows me knows im stand up and will pay if i have to. or my insurance i pay 600 a month for will cover it then. ******* lame asses, you sound like an old man. now dont get me wrong, i wont do that stuff around a really expensive car. but all i saw were regular cars around me and jacked redneck trucks
Old 05-27-2014, 06:21 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ls2pontiac
Then i would pay for the new window or whatever. **** happens. someone scraped my SL and didn't leave a note long ago. I just blew 500 bucks getting it resprayed and said oh well.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Not a thing..just want to have fun. anyone that knows me knows im stand up and will pay if i have to. or my insurance i pay 600 a month for will cover it then. ******* lame asses, you sound like an old man. now dont get me wrong, i wont do that stuff around a really expensive car. but all i saw were regular cars around me and jacked redneck trucks
Oh cool, so we don't have to respect other people's property and safety unless it costs a lot of money? Learn something new every day!
Old 05-27-2014, 07:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Guess not. And who cares if you ruin someone elses pride and joy. Empty parking lot doing donuts hell yea have it at. Any time around other vehicles not cool no matter what they are. I'm all about having fun and have numerous vids of donuts and burnouts but never in a public place where people or vehicles are around
Old 05-27-2014, 07:58 PM
TECH Regular

if it turns into the Crap cruise weekend that is Wildwood than that would be desasterous.
X2 and back on track. Wildwood has been terrible for years and I completely stopped going the year after they stopped the burnout contest next to the boardwalk. After that, everything got too regulated: 1 lane each direction, ride here, U-turn there and double back. I'm here to cruise, not parade let me stretch the car's legs every now and then. Sitting in traffic listening to cooling fans run is not my idea of fun...which is also why I didn't head south this past May on Saturday, I'll drive to Fenwick with friends before I sit in traffic with everyone else.

FWIW It seems that the only people that I see pulled over by the cops are Diesels, imports and Mustangs. Cops cracked down big time on trucks blowing smoke this year and I was glad for that because those trucks really know how to ruin a good time...
Old 05-28-2014, 07:58 AM
11 Second Club

lol..man, you are just wayy too cool for school.

you're right...i am old...old enough to know not to do **** like that in a crowded parking lot.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

lol..man, you are just wayy too cool for school.

you're right...i am old...old enough to know not to do **** like that in a crowded parking lot.
True story I'm surprised the motorcycle events didn't come up in this yet. IMO that's 10x more annoying from a sound perspective versus car weeks. But then again, I'm not a bike person...
Old 05-28-2014, 09:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ppl complain about it here during Harley week here but they ended up adding another week for the Harleys anyways haha. 400k bikes cruising around for a week. Idk exact number but it sure seems like it
Old 05-28-2014, 11:49 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Y2KFirehawk
True story I'm surprised the motorcycle events didn't come up in this yet. IMO that's 10x more annoying from a sound perspective versus car weeks. But then again, I'm not a bike person...
This. I dreaded bike week when I worked in OC. Way worse as far as being annoying.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:38 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed
While we were driving, we had someone on costal highway with yellow vests run in the highway in front of us. They had a Stop sign on a pole like a construction worker. We slowed down as we approached and they turned the stop sign around, and it said something like "Light um up".

I do think the constant pulling people over for tint, tags, and loud exhaust makes traffic worse. Also seems like I saw a ton of locals pulled over.
I saw a ton of locals/vacationers getting pulled over. Everyone should just be thankful they haven't installed Martin O'Malleys & state Democrats pride and joy revenue machine known as Photo Enforcement. I'll take a ton of cops running around over that everyday. I think what ticks me off about the police presence is just the fact that they always seem to be in the wrong places rather than the right ones for public safety. Thus it leaves them looking stupid. When are they going to crack down on the drunk parties??

For whatever reason Saturday evening on Balt. Ave was a dead zone. No one really cruising or anything in comparison to prior years. Walked down below 8th St thinking maybe everyone was turning off on 9th or 15th but it was the same just dead.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've been going down since 2010 and it does seem that the cops have gotten worse when it comes to how many are out and how many are undercover. Personally I like to see a dig race from a street light for like the first 100 foot or so. I have only done this one time when I had something worthy down there. Anything more than that to me is highly dangerous, especially the guys that go through a light. You never know what is going on at the next light. In saying that , safety should be first concern with everyone, but it does seem like the fair amount of idiots down there are ruining it for most.

I love burnouts too and really wish they would consider a burnout pit of sorts or something. The chances of that happening is slim to never but just imagine if they charged 10 dollars per minute for each car to do what they need to and move along. Have it regulated and all. Once you are out of the regulated area, if you do one or whatever is ticket worthy, ticket them. I think it would bring even more money to the city and would be a hell of a event within the event. Wishful thinking I guess.

I will still go down without a doubt no matter what being an escape from reality. I just wish people would have respect for others when it came to the trash issue.
Old 05-29-2014, 07:15 PM
Staging Lane

Attachment 453729
Oh well i dont give a ****. I didnt build a car to sit there and look at it in a parking lot like 90% of people at meets. I dont care about tickets or cops
Prime example of

Residents look to move or cancel Cruisin events in OCMD-certified-ass-clown.jpg
Old 05-29-2014, 07:23 PM
Staging Lane

But on another note,

Its a revenue thing for the city both, business and all the fines.
If they think they can give you a ticket they will. I've been to events or cruises and have been pulled over for exhaust, ride height, etc... Luckly I've been a local. So i go to court and get it dismissed. Now if your not a local or just dont fight it. Then you eat the fine, whether you your at fault or not.
Big money maker their. It will never change.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:58 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by itsslow98
I have to say, this year was by far the worst as far as accidents and it makes the entire event look very bad. I cant complain about the police down there, they cut a ton of breaks to guys. I watched a guy stand in the bus lane for a good hour with a beer in his hand stopping traffic to try and get them to do burnouts. They caught him red handed and let him go on a citation for open container.

If you go down there with something illegally done to your car, or plan to do something against the law then how can you complain about someone doing their job?
Says the guy that didn't have a car down there. lol
Old 05-30-2014, 07:53 AM
TECH Regular

On topic for this whole subject.

Moving or cancelling this event is HIGHLY unlikely. Living in a tourist area I deal with alot of BS, but also understood that was a price I'd pay for moving to that area. Do I whine and complain at times, yes, when you got a bunch of stoned kids walking back from a Dave Matthew's concert in the middle of RT39 and fucktards from NJ stopping to take pictures of the Hershey Kiss street lamps, it tends to work on your nerves.

I'll give one example of why OCMD will not go away. Bruce Springsteen was just at Hershey playing. His concert was loud. Most concerts you can hear slightly muffled, his you could hear the words from my house, and I live about 3miles from the park AND the stage is facing away from my house.

The residents of Hershey, like clockwork are complaining the next day. The township says "yes yes, we'll make sure the concerts are more quiet" Nothing ever comes from it.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:06 PM
Self-Admitted Scammer

LOL. Try living in LA or pretty much any of SoCali. Hershey is a joke compared to these areas. NONSTOP tourists all hours of the night 24/7. And the shitty thing is, they aren't just stoned white kids -- all kinds of different weird non-english speaking people that cause accidents and just jaywalk everywhere without giving a ****.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:16 PM
TECH Regular

^^^ totally missed the point of what I was saying, but cool story bro....
Old 05-30-2014, 02:02 PM
TECH Regular

I've been to come cruises in years past but at this point I will not go anymore and has nothing to do with noise. The way people drive and race on the drag is ridiculous. It's all hours of the day and a good point into the evening and I won't take any of my pride and joy in there or my kids simply put because of saftey. I understand why they are there and if I had a rocking chair to sit on and watch cars go by on a porch with no were to go for 3 days I'd be they doing just that. But just coming and going is more risk then I care to take these days. I know it's not everybody and there has been no major mishaps but it's only a matter of time. For what's it worth I'm a diesel truck fan and have several diesels but they are some of the biggest offenders and imports too can't speak on stands as I haven't noticed many of them
Old 05-30-2014, 08:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well if you not going keeps a diesel or two out then good riddance lmao. They should just ban diesels below 145th street and that would be a huge improvement. People need to relax, this "show" was/is built on people cruising, and the major attraction for bystanders is burnouts and general ******* around. If you do not want to chance your pride and joy on the the street, then leave it home or parked.
Old 05-31-2014, 06:41 AM
TECH Regular

That what I do now.
Btw my diesel wouldn't bother most people I don't believe in blowing smoke or straight pipes the guys that do make life hard for the rest of people who actually enjoy diesel because they can be fast and efficient and make great haulers too. My next build is a ****** cj2 with a tdi swap that's been built a little but it won't blow smoke either.

Quick Reply: Residents look to move or cancel Cruisin events in OCMD