Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

IMO there nuts!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 10:45 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default IMO there nuts!!!

I just found out the guys that have my car,cut the bar out,put stock wheels on it and are getting a steering wheel,pass air bag and cats on the car along with a new carpet etc..The car IMO was to far gone and I think they shouldve just taken it to Manhiem.

If they try and throw a stock GM tune in this car it wont hold an idle.
God bless them but I think there gonna regets doing this stuff.

Its mild enough if they do put it back to street/strip but man I cant imagine how much more $$$ there gona need to put into it.

Did I tell u guys------>I LOVE MY GTO
Old 04-12-2005, 11:36 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JS
I just found out the guys that have my car,cut the bar out,put stock wheels on it and are getting a steering wheel,pass air bag and cats on the car along with a new carpet etc..The car IMO was to far gone and I think they shouldve just taken it to Manhiem.

Its mild enough if they do put it back to street/strip but man I cant imagine how much more $$$ there gona need to put into it.

Well not your problem anymore!
Old 04-12-2005, 12:02 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

oh man thats to funny . they actully thought theyd get it back to near stock?? i feel bad for whoever buys it now but like marcel said , not your problem anymore just put gas in the gto
Old 04-12-2005, 12:02 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stupid if you ask me. It's outta your hands, that's all that matters.

Originally Posted by JS

Old 04-12-2005, 01:31 PM
10 Second Club

Lightbulb

I figured they would do that as well, I think there are legal/liability reasons as to why they couldn't/wouldn't sell it 'as is', I was going to state then in the other thread when everyone was claiming that a dealership would simply love get their hands on a car like that LOL. The dealership inspection guy is potentially getting reemed by the general manager right now for missing all that stuff.
Old 04-12-2005, 01:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ya they themselves wouldn't want the car but like i said in the other thread manheim auction sure would. It would sell there in a heartbeat. We used to get specialty vehicles of that sort all the time and they wouldn't last long.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:32 PM
TECH Resident

not if i can help it, if things go right your former car will be my new car tomorrow test drove it today and going back tomorrow to trade my t/a in and close the deal. unless, of course it sold in the past couple hours.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:39 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Get it bro,its worth its weight in gold and I can tell u anything u need to know about it.
Its a solid 10 Sec car with NO MILES on the driveline,Its all new!!!!!!!!I have the matching lightweight Kirkey seat for it down at my shop if u want it too...

If u need any info just call 215 886 7223
JS
Old 04-12-2005, 06:51 PM
TECH Resident

when i went up there i was kinda 50-50 about it but after driving it and them giving me alot more than i thought for my trade-in, its pretty much a no brainer. are there any issues with the car or does it need anything? this'll be my first highly modded car.

edit: also after diggin through some old posts, the exhaust on the car is hooker lt's and a catback with a bullet muffler? i checked out the ory and stuff but i didnt think to look at the muffler.

thanks for the support, ill certainly keep your number in case i have any other questions.

Last edited by hondakiller; 04-12-2005 at 07:00 PM.
Old 04-12-2005, 07:14 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JS

If they need a pass side airbag and bracket let me know.

Marc
marc94z@yahoo.com
Old 04-13-2005, 12:00 AM
JS
10 Second Club

It has a custom lightweight single exhaust that I made for the car using 3in tubing into a bullet and it also has a cutout just in front of the right rear tire for racing.U will need a set of Skinnies and a set of 26X10X15 slicks to run the car and make sure u run it with the cutout OPEN.

There is NOTHING,I REPEAT NOTHING wrong with the car...
It has new brakes on it too.

I dont know what u weigh but if your 225 or lighter with u in the seat (remove the pass seat) and the cutout open it'll run easy 10's for u in good air..Figure 11.20's in the spring,summer and the car is docile enough to drive to and from work if u need to once in while but the susp is more suited for racing and car shows