Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Krazy is done being Krazy

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 05:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Krazy is done being Krazy

some of you know me some of you dont. I drive like an *******. I have no respect for anyone on the road or anyone who rides in my car. **** me off and I drive 10X worst. Since the days of driving I have always driven with no respect to anyone on the road. I was always told I was krazy for many reasons 1. being the way I drive. and 2. for all the fighting I did in the past.

Recently I've been bad with my girlfriend in the car. When we started dating, one night she upset me and I drove as fast as I could to her house to drop her off. I got up to 140MPH with her in the car that night. After sitting home and thinking about how stupid that was I apologized to her and promised her I would never drive like that again.

Fast foward to friday. I havent stopped driving like an *******. Now its to the point she will not get in the car with me. I've lost her respect and that upsets me. She says if we have kids some day, I wont be allowed to drive with them in the car. I deserve this treatment from her cause I have disrespected her. I promised her today I will never speed again. My word isnt good enough and she doesnt believe me, cause friday I promised I wouldnt speed and I got up to 110mph just to make an exit.

I feel like a total piece of ****. What sucks is, it takes her being so upset with me for me to change. I should of changed a long time ago. Once the Z28 sells, the Krazy plate is gone after 7 years being used by me. I dont need to have that reputation anymore. I dont need to drop gears on anyone who trys to pass me. I dont need to street race. I'm done with speeding all together. I'm done with racing for a long long time. If you see me again it will be on a track with all the proper safety equipment.

Good luck to everyone, and when your driving fast with someone in the car, if they ask you to slow down, have some respect for them

Sorry Melissa

Marco

Last edited by Krazy98Z28; 05-22-2005 at 08:09 PM.
Old 05-22-2005, 05:31 PM

I don't street race anymore either. You could kill someone. It's not about you, but respect for others. Good move.
Old 05-22-2005, 05:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by davered00ss
I don't street race anymore either. You could kill someone. It's not about you, but respect for others. Good move.

When I had my Trans AM I got up to 165MPH with 2 friends of mine in the car coming back from Providence at 2am. Next day I woke up and said **** i'll never do that ever again. 2 weeks later I was doing 155MPH with 3 other people in the car, I hit a dip in the highway while switching lanes and the back end got squirley on me. I almost **** myself. I told myself yet again, I will not drive like that ever again. Its never stopped. The one thing going to make me stop is the love I have for my girlfriend. Without that I'd be fucked. I'm happy to say I am alive and never killed anyone or injured anyone. Thank God I'm putting it to a stop now.
Old 05-22-2005, 05:41 PM

Too many tickets stopped me as well as having to go th the Bad boy drivning class for all day on a Sat.
Old 05-22-2005, 05:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by davered00ss
Too many tickets stopped me as well as having to go th the Bad boy drivning class for all day on a Sat.

I did the bad boy driving class 2 times and I just looked at my driving record that I had printed out on 10/21/04, my license has been suspended 10 times. I've been a step 35 I am now a 23 and I dont know how. When i hit a 9 I will throw a party

so even all that **** I didnt stop
Old 05-22-2005, 05:46 PM

I don't know how the points work. I've been good for years now. Hope I didn't just jinx myself.
Old 05-22-2005, 05:49 PM
TECH Junkie

you start out as a 15 and it used to be for every moving violation you get 1 point, now I think it counts as 2 points, but every year your supposed to lose 1 point but it takes 6 years to drop a violation off your points. 35 is the max and 9 is the lowest, i was 1 violation away from losing my license for 5 years.
Old 05-22-2005, 05:55 PM

That would suck.
Old 05-22-2005, 05:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so how is selling the camaro going to change you?????? you appear to be a dangerous driver who just doesnt learn or care, you will get another car maybe not a f body but with your record i dont see how you wont drive krazy with another car

i hope you have finally realised what is important to you in life as you say it is your girl and i think that is great for you before you hurt someone and or yourself

good luck marco
Old 05-22-2005, 06:01 PM

I know my SS brings out the agressive driver in me. I drive totally different in the Jeep or the wife's Accord.
Old 05-22-2005, 06:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

good luck with things marco. Hopefully you can still have a nice car and not street race it or drive as crazy.
Old 05-22-2005, 06:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by thechef
so how is selling the camaro going to change you?????? you appear to be a dangerous driver who just doesnt learn or care, you will get another car maybe not a f body but with your record i dont see how you wont drive krazy with another car

i hope you have finally realised what is important to you in life as you say it is your girl and i think that is great for you before you hurt someone and or yourself

good luck marco
Driving the Camaro makes me drive it to the fullest, when I drive my dads Buick or my girlfriends QX4 I dont try to go around corners at 70mph or try to go over 100MPH. The car has alot to do with it. But even if I didnt sell the car and I kept it. My driving habits are gonna change cause they have too.
Old 05-22-2005, 08:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Funny how we all mature at some point, some do it cold turkey, some, like me, did it cool turkey. Eventually you realize that you carry a responceability...sounds like it hit you like a ton of bricks...cant help but agree with Melissa... I think its in the blood to pedal down if someone draop a gear next to you...please understand thats normal...I cant say I havent street raced another dad in another mini-van.
You need a road track hobby, cause its obviously in your blood.
Old 05-22-2005, 08:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Good post Marco!

Years ago I was a member of the "35 point club". Back then I'd take people on high speed runs down the highway. Street racing every weekend was fun. There was a reason why I always drove around on drag radials. Thank God that is way in the past. I'm currently a step 10 with one year to go until I reach the magic 9. Way to much to lose if something happens and points get way to expensive.

There is a thing called the Clean Slate Rule. 3 incident free years will get you down to either a step 14 or 15.

Hopefully you can stick to this. Telling yourself or your girlfriend your going to be good is one think. Telling all of our is something else.
Old 05-22-2005, 08:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

whats this step system? I don't know what NH does as I've managed to not ever get pulled over-until last tues (got off with a stern "don't do it again") so I don't know how any of that works. Any info would be cool
Old 05-22-2005, 08:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Its not gonna be an easy task. Its like telling a crack addict to quit. This is the only way I know how to drive. My first car I bought was a 88GTA first day driving it I blew 3rd and 4th gear then comes the 98 T/A 1 month its back in the shop for a blown 5th and they want to void my powertrain warranty cause my tires were bald. Not to mention how many motors and other trannys i blew. Its such a horrible habit. One thing about Melissa, since I met this girl she has made me look at the big picture about so many things. Greatest girl I ever met in my life. I have so much to be thankful for having met such a wonderful person. I feel horrible that I have made her so scared to even get in my car.Hopefully one day I earn my trust and respect back from her.
Old 05-22-2005, 08:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 03NHSilvy
whats this step system? I don't know what NH does as I've managed to not ever get pulled over-until last tues (got off with a stern "don't do it again") so I don't know how any of that works. Any info would be cool
Step is used for car insurance, its a points system that they rate you on. The higher your points the more money in car insurance you pay. I dont know how NH works but most states like MA use a points system to keep track of your driving habits(accidents,moving violations) It really sucks cause I have never been able to put a car in my name cause i've always been a high step and couldnt afford the insane insurance premiums. Maybe someone from NH can chime in on how NH works.
Old 05-22-2005, 08:56 PM
11 Second Club

wow congrats on your decision. and i can second the whole when someone is passing you dont let them... not proud of it. i dont think CT uses the point system either, but i dont drive like a jackass 99 percent of the time. im the guy who just goes the speed limit. i also second the road racing thing. build yourself a car to run at lime rock and have fun the legal way it means a lot to love someone so much to change yourself, your g/f must be a wonderful person. best of luck to ya
Old 05-22-2005, 09:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Info about the step system can be seen on page 165 - http://www.mass.gov/rmv/dmanual/102004/dman102004.pdf
Old 05-22-2005, 10:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

get over it....

I was a passenger is a KB Cobra 12 months ago that managed to leave the road and do a bit of damage to a parked car in a driveway among other things. I have managed to mend fences with the driver who at one time was one of my closest friends. Even now though, it annoys me. I'm such a pansy *** when I am a passenger in anyone's car now, they must think I squat when I pee. But I can't help it, that feeling of not having control as a passenger absolutely sucks and I can't get away from it. I had been in a couple relatively minor accidents before then, but the Cobra accident took my 'passenger syndrome' to a whole new level....