Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Porter cable/ZAINO PC----->AWESOME!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 03:47 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Porter cable/ZAINO PC----->AWESOME!!!!

Zaino has a new paint cleaner,scratch remover called PC IMO this is the BEST stuff I have ever used,I followed my buddies advice and used the 3M to remove the deeper imperfections in my GTO's paint,bought some nice Micro-Fiber towels (AMAZING) and then wheeled the whole car with Sal's new PC/Port Cable Orbital.....My car is smooth,slick,and has no scratches now...Whats left is BRILLANT RED PAINT.....I dont even have polish on it yet and cant wait to Z5 PRO it this week...

Its under cotton sheets now
Should have the car gleaming by Friday,putting the cam,tb,pulley in this weekend too...

I also bought a set of (USED) JBA shorties...I know,I know,there not LT's but hell for $270 I couldnt pass them up...I'm doing the !resonator mod,collector mod to the shorties...Most guys are picking up 15RW with them and guys are making decent RW with them according to a few dyno runs I've seen....Again if I couldve gotten LT's for 700 I would bought them but 1200,No way......

Last edited by JS; 07-05-2005 at 09:50 AM.
Old 07-04-2005, 09:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No such thing as Z5 Pro. Only Z2 Pro.

There's also an endless amount of professional and consumer grade polishes out there. I've used a ton. I wasn't blown away by Z-PC. It's thick and a little goes a long way, but it breaks down far too quickly (even by random orbit,) it dusts, and although the finish was nice, it was no better than I've been able to achieve for a while with other products that are cheaper. The biggest difference I see is that Zaino Z-PC is completely water based, but I think some polishing oils are a good thing (not fillers, just oils for spreading and breaking down evenly.)

It's a good product overall, but not a world beater like I'd heard.

On another note, to maintain a polished finish, look to refine your washing technique. Swirls and the like are probably being caused by dirt and other crap being pushed across the surface as you wash. You've got some microfiber towels, that's a good step in the right direction. Get a good sheepskin wash mitt, always use a clean bucket and enough soap, and rinse out the mitt often. Be careful that your drying towel is clean and soft enough to not scratch. If your washing doesn't cause swirls, then you won't have to polish often to keep it looking good (because each polish session abrades away a tiny bit of your clear.)
Old 07-05-2005, 09:53 AM
JS
10 Second Club

U got me on the Z5 Pro...
It is commin though,I was blown away by PC,I'm suprrized u didnt like it that much...I cant wait to get the Z5 on the car and then Z6,followed by Z2PRO and the Z6/Z8....My GTO looks awesome and now its gonna go fast too...
Old 07-05-2005, 01:10 PM
Launching!

Have you ever used another good mild finishing polish, or is Z-PC your first experience with something abrasive?

I've used a ton of others, that's why I'm not too impressed with it. I've been able to get the same or better results with cheaper products that come in larger quantities.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:22 PM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Since when was Zaino abrasive???
Old 07-05-2005, 03:13 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Well this new PC is abrasive Joe,its for checks,scratches etc....Yes I've used 3m before but it didnt even come close to this product,plus its very easy to remove.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Joe "Preachers Sheets" DIESO
Since when was Zaino abrasive???

Z-PC sure is abrasive, thats how it works, but not the polish.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:36 AM
Launching!

Z-PC is the only polish in Zaino's line. Polishes are mild abrasive products meant to remove minor defects (medium cut polishes) or burnish the surface to a high level of gloss (low cut finishing polishes, this is what Z-PC falls under.)

For whatever reason, they call Z5 and Z2 "polishes", but they're really sealants. I don't know why they decided to do that, but it creates a ton of unnecessary confusion when talking about detailing products.

DIESO: Yeah, they finally released a SMR. I had to try it for myself, but I wasn't terribly impressed. Seeing that you've got some experience and you've used a lot of others, I wouldn't bother.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:20 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

holy bejesus youre modding that thing fast
Old 07-06-2005, 07:02 AM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I heard Zaino was going to come out with a real polish sooner or later.