Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

i think its time

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 05:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i think its time

i think its time to start building a new motor for the Z. i recently got my new DD and have not looked at the Z once. i just dont mind not driving it now that i have a nice daily driver. the car hasnt been right since the header install last year. i know it wont pass inspection and it leaks oil pretty bad and i cant figure out were from. it wont run right, its low on power. and i just have a bad gut feeling about the motor. i think i may buy a block and just start building it slowly as i get the money, but leave the Z on the road so i can still drive it now and then. build a nice low compression forged motor for when i can get a blower. keep it 100% legal with all the emission **** staying in, cats will stay in. i just cant figure out what the hell is wrong with the car, but i know something just is not right. ..........ok im done venting, time to get out the note pad and pen and make of things to do for the camaro
Old 07-21-2005, 07:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by steves97z28
i think its time to start building a new motor for the Z. i recently got my new DD and have not looked at the Z once. i just dont mind not driving it now that i have a nice daily driver. the car hasnt been right since the header install last year. i know it wont pass inspection and it leaks oil pretty bad and i cant figure out were from. it wont run right, its low on power. and i just have a bad gut feeling about the motor. i think i may buy a block and just start building it slowly as i get the money, but leave the Z on the road so i can still drive it now and then. build a nice low compression forged motor for when i can get a blower. keep it 100% legal with all the emission **** staying in, cats will stay in. i just cant figure out what the hell is wrong with the car, but i know something just is not right. ..........ok im done venting, time to get out the note pad and pen and make of things to do for the camaro
steve that sounds too much like work just buy my car and be done with it.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:34 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I can look at it again for you steve. I dont understand why you having so many problems with it. If your interested in a forged motor, HPE would be a great place start. I just got my 383 forged shortblock yesterday from them. INcase you havent heard of them, HPE (Horsepower Engineering) has the fastest LT1 in the world (8.0 @ 177mph). They will set you up right for ~3600 including shipping.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Let me know when and we can start tearing her out. I say swap an LT5 in
Old 07-21-2005, 02:49 PM
Launching!

lol all the good ideas, wish i had the money. jeff id buy your car but i could never part with mine, no mater what troubles it gives me its a little more then a car, lol. anyways i have no clue wtf the problems are, but i still cant get the bank 2 sim to work, replaced it once, and still no activity. the oil is pissin me off to. it just feels like its missing alot of power. after i can figure out what is up with the sim, i want to take it to c&d in fall river and dyno both pcms and see what happens.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:08 PM

Have RealQuick look at it.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:55 PM
TECH Resident

lol all the good ideas, wish i had the money. jeff id buy your car but i could never part with mine, no mater what troubles it gives me its a little more then a car, lol. anyways i have no clue wtf the problems are, but i still cant get the bank 2 sim to work, replaced it once, and still no activity. the oil is pissin me off to. it just feels like its missing alot of power. after i can figure out what is up with the sim, i want to take it to c&d in fall river and dyno both pcms and see what happens.
Get a multimeter and test the harness side of the O2, you may have it grounding out somewhere before it makes it to the sensor.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LoudmouthLT1
Get a multimeter and test the harness side of the O2, you may have it grounding out somewhere before it makes it to the sensor.
what should it read?
Old 07-21-2005, 09:53 PM
TECH Resident

Couldn't tell you that, find a wiring diagram to see what you have for power/ground. Could be 12 volts could be 5 volts, never know.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:06 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DarkSideSS
steve that sounds too much like work just buy my car and be done with it.
Jeff
I got $4995.50 for your SS!!
Old 07-22-2005, 07:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by speedy0009
Jeff
I got $4995.50 for your SS!!

sold come and get it.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

sold come and get it.

damn sold and didn't even get my offer. DAMN YOU!!!!
Old 07-22-2005, 11:58 AM
Launching!

well the ground fx's are off, gettin ready to put them back on, this weekend(or when ever it cools down)im gonna get under the car and try tightening up some bolts ont he oil pan, timing chain cover see if i can stop the oil leaks, then do an oil change. im really set on trying to figure out the o2 sim, once thats done, i think i should head to the dyno and see what happens with the 2 different pcms.if anyone that knows there **** wants to go and wattch the auto tap and let me know wtf is goin on that would be great. the biggest thing will be the f$*kin o2 sim cause i cant figure out wtf is wrong with it. hopefully every thing works out and i can get to the track this year at least once
Old 07-22-2005, 12:12 PM
TECH Junkie

well the ground fx's are off, gettin ready to put them back on, this weekend(or when ever it cools down)im gonna get under the car and try tightening up some bolts ont he oil pan, timing chain cover see if i can stop the oil leaks, then do an oil change. im really set on trying to figure out the o2 sim, once thats done, i think i should head to the dyno and see what happens with the 2 different pcms.if anyone that knows there **** wants to go and wattch the auto tap and let me know wtf is goin on that would be great. the biggest thing will be the f$*kin o2 sim cause i cant figure out wtf is wrong with it. hopefully every thing works out and i can get to the track this year at least once
Does the software log blm's, tps voltage, O2 sensor voltage, MAF flow, etc? Maybe we can get together this weekend and I can ide shotgun and watch the logs while you drive...
Old 07-22-2005, 12:16 PM
Launching!

lol honestly do not know jon, i believe it does,http://autotap.com/
Old 07-22-2005, 12:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Looks like it does...let me know if you want to.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:30 PM
Launching!

when would be good for you, im workin both days, saturday im workin 1:30-8:30 sunday 9-630. i just cleared the code but looking at what the sim was doin compared to the other, MV not moving much at all, i think it'll come back on.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:40 PM
TECH Junkie

when would be good for you, im workin both days, saturday im workin 1:30-8:30 sunday 9-630. i just cleared the code but looking at what the sim was doin compared to the other, MV not moving much at all, i think it'll come back on.
Saturday morning is fine for me. I have a golfing appointment at 1pm, so i can get togeher ~9:30am or so if you want. Call my cell 617-966-1891
Old 07-22-2005, 05:26 PM
11 Second Club

sold come and get it.

Hmmm . . . seems pretty straight foward to me. If you're serious as am I, I'll go to the bank tomorrow for a $5K loan and pick it up once the papers are signed. BTW I'll need the title up front!

Well, maybe I'll be back in an F-body everyone!!

Sorry for the brief thread hi-jack Steve.
Old 07-22-2005, 08:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by speedy0009
Hmmm . . . seems pretty straight foward to me. If you're serious as am I, I'll go to the bank tomorrow for a $5K loan and pick it up once the papers are signed. BTW I'll need the title up front!

Well, maybe I'll be back in an F-body everyone!!

Sorry for the brief thread hi-jack Steve.
its all good