Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

MD members, tint?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 03:50 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MD members, tint?

Question about tint on your cars...Legal is 35%, but that's not very dark. I might go down to 20%, but what issues have any of you had with the good old Maryland State Troopers. Has it actually gotten you stopped, anyone gotten a ticket for it, and if so, how much. Thanks.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:28 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Bump it up. Kinda need an answer. Thanks all.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:46 AM
11 Second Club

I had 20% on my firebird....got pulled over

had 5% on my camaro.....got pulled over

have 18% on my jeep right now....no issues *knock on wood*
Old 11-26-2005, 11:41 AM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Originally Posted by NOTFAST
I had 20% on my firebird....got pulled over

had 5% on my camaro.....got pulled over

have 18% on my jeep right now....no issues *knock on wood*
Ok. Did you get ticketed. If so, what's the deal with that.
Old 11-26-2005, 04:12 PM
TECH Regular

not fast bring's up a good point. sport's car's import's and car's with exhaust will get noticed quickly with tinted wendow's because it draws attention from the cop's suv's truck's and family family car's don't get much attion because they are just that. family car's. that is something to consider when titning your windows. I don't know what ticket's cost were your at but in pa they can ticket you and make you peel the tint. myself personally amd going to tint my car next spring with 5% on both sides and on the rear and 35% on rthe windshield but this isn't legal. I do however have and expemtion for medical reason's but I'm planning on getting stop numerous time's because they don't like the tint and I have exhaust which draws alot of attention.my truck doesn't get any attention though from anyone they just pass it by and don't even look.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:16 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Originally Posted by dogger
not fast bring's up a good point. sport's car's import's and car's with exhaust will get noticed quickly with tinted wendow's because it draws attention from the cop's suv's truck's and family family car's don't get much attion because they are just that. family car's. that is something to consider when titning your windows. I don't know what ticket's cost were your at but in pa they can ticket you and make you peel the tint. myself personally amd going to tint my car next spring with 5% on both sides and on the rear and 35% on rthe windshield but this isn't legal. I do however have and expemtion for medical reason's but I'm planning on getting stop numerous time's because they don't like the tint and I have exhaust which draws alot of attention.my truck doesn't get any attention though from anyone they just pass it by and don't even look.
Well...you bring up a valid point about medical...I wear contacts and it drives me absolutely nuts @ night with someone behind me in a truck, suv or rig. The glare is unbelieveable. I'm due to go to the eye dr. again soon, wonder how that works.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:43 PM
Staging Lane

The color of the car also makes a big difference. A dark car with tint does'nt stand out like a white or yellow car with dark tint.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

had 20% got pulled over for loud exhaust got repair order for tint had to take it off and get the repair order signed off have 35% now dark enough for me no problems for 3 years
Old 11-26-2005, 08:06 PM
11 Second Club

had 20%, never had a problem. Eventually got pulled over for spinning tires, the MSP decided to give me a repair order for the tint instead of the spinning tires ticket, so I gladly accepted Might eventually get the tint put back on.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:54 AM
SSU'S Vice Mod

So, it might actually get me out of a bigger ticket . Well, I try my best NOT to draw attention to myself. So, it's mainly when yall have been stopped for something else then I take it? With the "repair" ticket, doesn't someone have to check it or is it just a certified inspection station ect that needs to see it's been "repaired?"
Old 11-27-2005, 10:28 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by sb427f-car
With the "repair" ticket, doesn't someone have to check it or is it just a certified inspection station ect that needs to see it's been "repaired?"
You have to go to the MVA and have the inspecter come out and put little MSP 35% stickers on each window.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:57 AM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Originally Posted by 3.8SFITURBO
You have to go to the MVA and have the inspecter come out and put little MSP 35% stickers on each window.
IE, waste my time and money right?
Old 11-27-2005, 03:05 PM
11 Second Club

yes legal is 35% but a clear window is 1/2% so there for 35 would become about 32/33% causing it to be illegal. but i put 35% on my civic no problems and then i sold it and they passed the tint.

just got 32% on my camaro in looking out is just a lil darker. out looking in durring the day i can tell theres a driver but cant make them out, when there wet or is starting to get dark you cant see in them.
my tint also blocks out 57% of the heat too
Old 11-27-2005, 03:26 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Originally Posted by bad6as
yes legal is 35% but a clear window is 1/2% so there for 35 would become about 32/33% causing it to be illegal. but i put 35% on my civic no problems and then i sold it and they passed the tint.

just got 32% on my camaro in looking out is just a lil darker. out looking in durring the day i can tell theres a driver but cant make them out, when there wet or is starting to get dark you cant see in them.
my tint also blocks out 57% of the heat too
That's the thing...I am pretty light sensative, and do where corrective lenses. Durring the day, I've always got sunglasses on, else it hurts...and @ night, lights behind me drive me nuts. Guess I'll ask the eye dr. next time I go in, else I might either just do the 35% film or I'll take my chances. Appreciate the help guys.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:37 PM
11 Second Club

u can get a doc. note saying about the light and then go a dark as u want. a friend got a doc. to say his skin is light sen. and get gets away with 5%
Old 11-27-2005, 04:54 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

hum...EYE Doctor it is!
Old 12-02-2005, 08:09 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by sb427f-car
IE, waste my time and money right?
Yeah thats about right
Old 12-02-2005, 03:12 PM
TECH Regular

sb427 f-bod if your eye doctor is cool you could probly get away with it. I actually have servere migranes that are aggravatted by light and at time's light will cause them. I'm pretty much looking for way's to avoid them more then anything as my med's run 15 buck's a pill and there are time's one doesn't even cut it. I also get them regular as much as once a week at time's and this fall was really bad.
if you can document a problem you would have a easier time getting a exemtion.