Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

whoo hoo back on title 10 active duty, operation enduring freedom here i come...

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 09:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Smile whoo hoo back on title 10 active duty, operation enduring freedom here i come...

yup so im back to the active duty army lifestyle for the second time in less than 2 years. my company went on active duty today and we leave for our mobilization station sunday at 3pm. good old Ft Leonard Wood, Missouri in the middle of NOWHERE for 6 weeks and then off to Geissen, Germany. back to drill sergeants and yelling and screaming,push ups and well the usual we are gonna get some serious high speed training and i cant wait never thought i would be excited by a deployment but damn after the bullshit i went through in the past year anywhere but afganistan or iraq is awesome.
they will be giving us a 2 week R&R mid tour, figure august or september to go whereever we want to go. ill take my 2 weeks at home in the US considering ill be touring europe plenty in the days i have off. plan on hitting up the Nurimburg and various drag strips as well as seeing various european cultures. man i need to learn a few languages... LOL

ive got a few plans for the camaro while i get home for leave seeing as i might be going straight into the police academy once i get home in april.

ill do my best to stay in touch with ya'll while im gone but until we are settled down in germany i dont think ill have much time to be messing around on the internet. take it easy guys and i hope to talk to ya'll soon.

Sgt Erik Gustafson
Old 02-09-2006, 10:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 02-10-2006, 07:31 AM
TECH Resident

Good luck & be safe
Old 02-10-2006, 12:30 PM
CT Hotness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes good luck erik! It should be an awesome experience. Stay safe!!
Old 02-10-2006, 04:46 PM
11 Second Club

thanks guys. weather looks promising for sunday with the probable blizzard conditions. i dont forsee us getting out of bradley at 5 pm great should be fun hanging out at the airport for awhile LOL
Old 02-10-2006, 07:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Humvee z28
man i need to learn a few languages... LOL
naw, you dont need to learn the entire language... just how to say 'do you want to go back to my hotel room with me?'

good luck on your tour, and stay safe.
Old 02-11-2006, 08:02 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Have a good trip... I'll do what I can to beat your best e.t. while you are gone

Stay safe! God damn mad bombers are everywhere.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

be safe, God bless.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

All the best to you out there Erik, whether people understand and/or admit it, it's brave tough-guys like you that keep the rest of us free.
Old 02-11-2006, 02:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Good Luck man
Old 02-11-2006, 02:16 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Have a good trip... I'll do what I can to beat your best e.t. while you are gone

Stay safe! God damn mad bombers are everywhere.
dont worry ill top it when i come home on leave come september gonna have a little bit of stuff done to it, not too much yet just a brain transplant is all.

thanks everyone i appreciate the best wishes. its looking to be that our flight will get delayed/canceled depending on what this storm does.
Old 02-11-2006, 03:30 PM
Race your car!

If you plan on toping the # I put up.. it's gonan take nothing less then a 10.99 to do it, if all goes as planned. Talked to the man today, got a good clear picture of what to do I think, and what I'll do about the street car deal, about 3 years from now when they are aout and about, and I can pick up a used one for 10 grand less then sticker new, I'll get the new street car

Until then,the only limitation I'm keeping is pump gas

When you come home.. we gotta run! So be safe, I look forward to showing you my taillights!
Old 02-11-2006, 08:54 PM
11 Second Club

haha just got a phone call an hour ago telling us that our flight is canceled and it is gonna be monday at 2:30pm. then they just called me a few minutes ago and told me it is was moved up to 12:30pm.... i wander how many more times they are gonna change it

and jay the only way i am gonna see ur taillights is from a higher speed roll LOL
Old 02-12-2006, 07:38 AM
Race your car!

dunno about that... TH400 is going in man, made up my mind on that. Got the scatter shield from Brad yesterday, flywheel will be in next week, I'm gonna call and order the TQ arm and loop stuff this week, and the stuff from summit, then get it down and get it in. Shocks are getting ordered end of the month. You know what it should have ran as it sat, and you know what the tranny and shocks are gonna do.... and you know the hose is gonna find it's way on there.

Only problem is the first time we go to the track to run against one another... we will both get the boot for going too fast with no rollbar LOL. I know that you'll shove the 150 jet in there, and I know that I"ll leave strait off the transbrake, right foot to the floor.

Guess we'll both be going to the fabshop for the rollbar Wonder if there's a multi car discount