Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

front tag ticket

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 10:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default front tag ticket

well it was bound to happen, ive had my TA since august and i just got a citation/ fine for my front tag issue
...you really would think the MSP had better things to do but i guess im wrong
i dont even know how the tropper saw it , he was never in front of me, i was in the left lane then switched to the right lane and was in the right lane for about 1 mile and saw him come flying up behind me.
its for $60
now the real question is do i leave my front tag the way it is- wedged in between dash and windsheild or put it where it goes (how does the cover come off?
Old 03-25-2006, 07:17 AM
TECH Resident

I've been pulled over 3 times--twice by the state police and 1 by a cop from another town--over the last 5 years. The fine here in NJ is about $48, but I never even thought about putting the front plate back on. I know for sure that here in NJ, and I'm assuming everywhere else where a front license plate is required, that mounting the front plate behind the windshield is still a violation. I would just take the tickets if I were you rather than destroying the looks of that awesome Trans Am.
Old 03-25-2006, 08:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Just a question of time for me. It'll be the local cops on a slow day. Ist question will be are your pipes stock?? Oh sure officer.
Old 03-25-2006, 12:12 PM
TECH Resident

One of the kids I know had a 89 GTA and we were driving down 1A and the trooper was in the parking lot and didn't pull out or anything and three days later he got a ticket in the mail for no front plate and a expired sticker I don't know how the trooper saw that or why he didn't pull out for the ticket he got it in the mail which was weird. That happen to anyone else?
Old 03-25-2006, 02:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

54$

Yea I get a lot of em...
Old 03-25-2006, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got one too for $60 in Anne Arundle county. I'll pay this one, but may put the tag on if I get another ticket for it.

Bruce
Old 03-25-2006, 02:51 PM
11 Second Club

I've had my front plate between the dash and the windshield for over 3 years and never had any problems. My brother's T/A had no front plate for over 5 years now and he's never gotten a ticket for it. The funny thing is my father took my brother's T/A to get bagels one Sunday morning and the cops were doing seatbelt checks and they made him pull over and take it off otherwise they would give him a ticket.

BTW, if you do want to take the cover off, there are a couple of screws on the bottom of the cover. Take thos bottom screws out, then just slide the bottom out and the top will come right out. It's really easy.
Old 03-25-2006, 08:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

It's only $35. here in MA. I just have them bill me monthly

Imagine if your front plate got lost or damaged? Hum... it would probably take them a few months to issue a replacement and I think that would only be about $15. It would sure s*ck if it happened during the summer when your most likely to get a ticket...
Old 03-25-2006, 08:11 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by tbyrne

Imagine if your front plate got lost or damaged? Hum... it would probably take them a few months to issue a replacement and I think that would only be about $15. It would sure s*ck if it happened during the summer when your most likely to get a ticket...

That is a good f#*king idea... I'm calling the DMV tomorow!
Old 03-25-2006, 11:05 PM
TECH Resident

Man am I glad PA doesn't have that bs law.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:28 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mrhzk35404
Man am I glad PA doesn't have that bs law.
Everytime I cross a bridge i think to myself "one less reason for a popo to pull me over, woot!"
Old 03-26-2006, 02:38 AM
TECH Regular

Default plates still in the front pig!!

not worried about front plate ticket, but limo tinted windows ticket.

I've seen a t/a with a plate mounted on the plastic scrarch guard under & behind the bumper. do that and tell the cops to **** themselves, you're not replacing the bird plate with a license plate!!!!

Old 03-26-2006, 07:03 AM
11 Second Club

I've had 3 of these tickets during the Ocean City Hot Rod Week for the past 3 years. One of them I got pulled over by the paddy wagon (Chevy panel van with lights). It was pretty funny, I just pay them and be on my way.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:35 AM
Launching!

Just make sure to ask the cops where the cash register arm is so you ring up a sale, because that is nothing but a fund raiser. Ez pass and red light cameras get you from the back. COPS pull BEHIND you and get you from the back(no pun intended). And technically, ALL americans are entitled to the same freedoms and rights. As a former PA resident, I now have to legally put the front plate back on the TA here in NJ(not happening), but somehow our rights aren't equal to rights of others when it comes to cash for the state couffers. I am probably wasting my time, but I have been asking our local reps if I come up with enough signatures, would they sponsor a bill to remove it, and one guy said he would definitely consider it if I have the backing of many. So who knows, maybe this summer I will hit the car show circuit and maybe get rid of this idiocy and stop vandalizing our cars looks.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:21 AM
11 Second Club

4 yrs and one written warning. so far so go

Town cops with nothing better to do.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:48 PM
TECH Addict

I live close to Damon_Z in NJ. My SS has a SLP SS grill and the only time i will put a front plate on is to pass inspection. Then its coming off.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

i guess i would rather have the plate on the front or no plate at all than in windshield, i dont have to look at it when its on the front
Old 03-29-2006, 12:50 PM
SSU'S Vice Mod

I'd put up with paying a front plate fine...it's the BS that you have to put up with when they nail for any other violation. GD Niza St.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ButtaballZ28
One of the kids I know had a 89 GTA and we were driving down 1A and the trooper was in the parking lot and didn't pull out or anything and three days later he got a ticket in the mail for no front plate and a expired sticker I don't know how the trooper saw that or why he didn't pull out for the ticket he got it in the mail which was weird. That happen to anyone else?
The inspection sticker's color maps to a certain year I believe? So if it was a 2004 color and its now 2006, then he probably just decided to mail him a ticket instead of pulling him over. I'm not 100% sure how this works though so I don't want to sound like I'm an expert on this subject
Old 03-29-2006, 01:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by tbyrne

If you lose your front plate, take your remaining plate to the dmv. You'll have to fill out a registration form and pay a small fee. They issue you new plates and a new sticker on the spot. This happened to a friend of mine when his front plate disappeared.

Oh btw, front plates suck