Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

I'm the dee dee dee that wrecked at Ride for Pride

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006 | 09:21 PM
TECH Regular

Default I'm the dee dee dee that wrecked at Ride for Pride

What a day it was... Granted I am not hurt and my car has minimal damage to it, by ego was shot to **** today. At the Ride for Pride, i crashed before I even got on the highway

I dont really even know what happened. I was messin around like I always do, nothin different from normal and the back end spun out and I lost control and hit the bank on the side of the on ramp. The passanger side hit first and the car popped up in the air and landed. First thing out of my mouth was ****.

Everyone was very nice and concerned that me and my passanger were ok and i thank you all for that. You are all a great bunch of people. They all helped me get the car off the bank and back onto the road which in which I am very greatful. Thanks for your help and concern.

If anyone saw what happened, here is an update of what happened after everyone left.
1. I turned the car around so it was facing with the flow of traffic
2. Started putting the spare on until cops came (very nice officer only gave me a warning and told me to be careful)
3. Finished putting the spare on
4. Drove one exit and got the tire remounted onto the rim
5. Straightened out my exhaust (tips are F'ed up)
6. Drove 150 miles back home to philly which amazed me considering what had just happened.

Car runs very smooth still, some body work needs to be done such as realigning the front bumber, fender, hood and door , and it def needs a good wash. Somehow there arent even any new dents from the collision, just random some grass lodged in random places. I need new exhaust tips but so far everything else looks same as always. Oh yeah, the AC sounds funny but still blows cold, and there is some ticking comin from what seems to be the back right tire (the one that popped off the rim at impact) when im driving from stop to about 5-8 mph.

But overall i am very lucky and i learned a valuable lesson. If you are gonna drive like a dick, make sure you do it close to home because the thought of being stranded 150 miles away from home with a busted car is a scary thought. But seriously, i drove 300 miles today to crash my car in a diff state trying to support a good cause, i guess i had bad carma coming to me.
Old 09-09-2006 | 11:10 PM
Teching In

Thats sooooooooo funny that you said dee dee dee, I remembered that lastnight I said it for some reason and I have been saying allllllllll day lol....That brightened my day to see someone else use it because everyone thought I was wierd for saying it lol. But for real man I was worried about ya, me and Shiloh came around the corner and pulled over immediately after we saw what had happened to make sure that you were ok. It sucks that your baby is a little damaged but you will get her fixed soon I am sure and she will be good as new, but at least your ok! I wanted to stay and make sure that you got everything straightened out but everyone started to leave which I thought was messed up but we were 2 hours from home and didnt know where the hell we were going so after about 5 minutes we had to leave so we would have at least someone to follow......Keep all of us updated and post some new pics when she is all shiny and sexy again, good luck man!!

April
Old 09-10-2006 | 08:41 AM
TECH Addict

Sorry to hear...get 'er back on the road.

Andy
Old 09-10-2006 | 11:24 AM
Teching In

Glad to see no one was hurt. Hopefully you'll have your ride back to where it was soon.
Old 09-10-2006 | 12:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah that sucked big man, good to know you are ok.
Old 09-10-2006 | 12:31 PM
TECH Addict

Yea dude, that really sucked, i was 2 cars up and saw you getting outta control, i knew you were gone before it happend. Anyways, glad we were able to get you outta that ditch and that your car isnt too f'd up
Old 09-10-2006 | 12:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast
15 Year Member

http://deeddee.ytmnd.com/

I'm glad your car's ok. I screwed my car up a couple of years back being a dee dee dee myself... and more than once. So I feel your pain.
Old 09-10-2006 | 01:15 PM
Teching In

Ok that website made my entire month!!! Its sooo dumb its hilarious lol....Its wierd because when I started doing that 2 nights ago someone linked me to that site in aim, you guys must be reallllly bored to find that stuff lol....But yea that sound is my text messaging tone now lol
Old 09-10-2006 | 01:23 PM
Import Patrol

This thread is usless without pictures.
Old 09-10-2006 | 01:37 PM
Teching In

Did you see the video from the cruise? The wreck is in there
Old 09-10-2006 | 01:48 PM
TECH Resident

I saw the wreck on the video and wondered who it was. Glad you are ok.
Old 09-10-2006 | 04:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CrawlinWS6
This thread is usless without pictures.
Here ya go

To the original poster, glad you got off the hill with little damage. I thought you were gonna need a wrecker.

Some ither pics available here
Old 09-10-2006 | 06:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you can see it in the video from up2nogood.com also in my video coming up soon
Old 09-10-2006 | 08:30 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by anotherreject04
you can see it in the video from up2nogood.com also in my video coming up soon
do u have a link to the vid? my dumbass cant find it on the site.
Old 09-10-2006 | 08:39 PM
Teching In

Sorry that happened philly, it's good to read you guys were ok and you got the car home.
Old 09-10-2006 | 10:46 PM
11 Second Club

damn brother. sorry to hear about your bad luck. Goodluck in getting it fixed
Old 09-10-2006 | 11:51 PM
TECH Resident

Hey, I was the car in front of you when it happened. That was pretty scary seein that in the rear view mirror. Glad you guys were ok tho, and glad to hear that the car isnt damaged too badly. I thought for sure it was gonna be ALOT of damage. Ya i thought it was so messed up that everyone just took off and left a few of us there but w/e its all good. Hope everything works out allright for you.
Old 09-11-2006 | 07:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DarkCloud
do u have a link to the vid? my dumbass cant find it on the site.
It's under media. It's the second video for the Ride 4 Pride.

Nice vids, BTW. It's a beautiful thing seeing all of those fbodies showing what this country is made of.
Old 09-11-2006 | 08:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i didnt get the crash as it happend because i was in the back but i got the aftermath lol http://video.ls1tech.com/video/2c1db...39015a2c0f.htm
Old 09-12-2006 | 03:37 PM
TECH Regular

thanks for all the support... Im looking into some body shops, tryin to find a good one in the philly area.

but yeah my passanger and I are fine, we were countin our blessing the whole way home, haha once we got the tire back on the car first thing we did was stop for steaks to celebrate not screwing things up too bad. as soon as i hit i thought my baby was gone, but damn, that car held up well.

to look at the bright side of things, i now have even more reason to use some of my school loan money to paint my car and hood... i wont be the only dope driving around in a black car with a grey hood anymore.

Last edited by phillyz28; 09-12-2006 at 10:19 PM.