Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

We got our warning.... dum dee dum dum

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 11:15 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default We got our warning.... dum dee dum dum

The other night an unhappy mob (Actually 2 residents and 2 cops) came to the shop. Screaming and yelling at Jon & Nick they expressed their concerns about our noise. They already have a petition going around to the town --> city hall to try to shut us down if we continue to dyno late night. We were asked to keep to our strict business hours of 10am-6pm. We will no longer be able to dyno any cars past 6pm in respect to our neighbors.

Thanks,

TTP Management
Old 09-19-2006, 11:22 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by TTPMatt
The other night an unhappy mob (Actually 2 residents and 2 cops) came to the shop. Screaming and yelling at Jon & Nick they expressed their concerns about our noise. They already have a petition going around to the town --> city hall to try to shut us down if we continue to dyno late night. We were asked to keep to our strict business hours of 10am-6pm. We will no longer be able to dyno any cars past 6pm in respect to our neighbors.

Thanks,

TTP Management
haha, gotta love the neighbors, my buddy has the cops at his place every night, its pretty funny, the cop shows up now and says, ok guys, im just here so your neighbor sees me here and thinks im yelling at you. you have any extra beer for me
its his favorit stop now
Old 09-19-2006, 11:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks,

TTP Management
I hope you were dynoing Christian's car...
Old 09-19-2006, 11:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

**** them...i will drive by there house with the turbo full bore and suck there children in
Old 09-19-2006, 12:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Hahahaha Yeah it was real fun when that lady showed up " I heard you guys revving those motors"
Old 09-19-2006, 12:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Roarin_8
Hahahaha Yeah it was real fun when that lady showed up " I heard you guys revving those motors"
I can just imagine...

They're probably the same people that do 55 in the fast lane on 287.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:19 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Vendetta
I can just imagine...

They're probably the same people that do 55 in the fast lane on 287.
The thing was, she came out with such an attitude. When she first stepped into the shop, I thought she was gonna ask us if we had any crack.

Then asked for the owner and bam off went the mouth. Jon kept his cool through the whole incident while Nick hid under the car.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, **** them. Why can't they come by and ask nicely? What a ****. I remember them dynoing George's T T/A at the old place and thinking the neighbors will be pissed.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:32 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by PurEvl
**** them...i will drive by there house with the turbo full bore and suck there children in
haha suck there children in... that was great
Old 09-19-2006, 12:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks,

TTP Management
i know some folks in city hall that may be able to turn said petition into toilet paper. i'll be seeing them over the weekend. which shop is the problem one? huron, because that's a legit complaint in that neighborhood?
Old 09-19-2006, 12:42 PM
Banned

No its Van Houten Ave... a main road in Clifton/Passaic. I do feel for them because the town will allow us to go until 10pm and we have gone to this time before.. I try to respect the little kids,etc. in the neighborhood though I wouldnt want most of our cars dynoing late night either. So we are going to conform to our strict hours and end all dyno sessions by 6pm. Plus I'll send them a damn turkey for thanksgiving and all will be well

Oh and yes the officers are pretty cool around here. We already work on a lot of the Cliifton PD's muscle cars and I have a few officers in Passaic asking me for some work already.

I am just going to adhere towards these new guidelines to make everyone happy and not cause problems in the neighborhood. I would rather have friends than enemies next door to my shop.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:47 PM
12 Second Club

On a side note Matt, when you bring the harness over, the car is misfiring on cold start
Old 09-19-2006, 12:50 PM
TECH Resident

I actually LOL'd.

=) thanks for that laugh today
Old 09-19-2006, 01:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

No its Van Houten Ave... a main road in Clifton/Passaic. I do feel for them because the town will allow us to go until 10pm and we have gone to this time before.. I try to respect the little kids,etc. in the neighborhood though I wouldnt want most of our cars dynoing late night either. So we are going to conform to our strict hours and end all dyno sessions by 6pm. Plus I'll send them a damn turkey for thanksgiving and all will be well

Oh and yes the officers are pretty cool around here. We already work on a lot of the Cliifton PD's muscle cars and I have a few officers in Passaic asking me for some work already.

I am just going to adhere towards these new guidelines to make everyone happy and not cause problems in the neighborhood. I would rather have friends than enemies next door to my shop.
Now that's the way to run a buiness

Sucky deal I'll say, but glad to see it's not letting it bug you at all.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:23 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Roarin_8
Nick hid under the car.
The Sergeant hid under the car????
Old 09-19-2006, 01:36 PM
Banned

lol Bob... Yep the stripes.. he says he was laughing too much so he didnt come out
Old 09-19-2006, 01:46 PM
Tech Resident

Well at least you know your doing something right when the neighbors complain...

BTW, Matt, I sent you a PM
Old 09-19-2006, 02:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

How much would it cost to sound proof, or dam near sound proof that section of the shop?
Old 09-19-2006, 02:26 PM
Banned

DAKMOR: We are looking into that actually. We have a million things to do here so the list is growing, lol. We are almost finished with most of the construction, then the paint on the walls and we will be epoxying the floor during winter vacation. Lots of stuff to do and we are trying to provide the best possible service still while this goes on.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:31 PM
TECH Resident

Why send them a turkey? Send them a set of you noise cancellation head phones.