Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Excellent driving today Mr slowhawk

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 08:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by F-Bobby
you guys prolly coulda run the same times with the Nittos on it. but for the amount it was spinning i think we could say its pretty much in street trim.
honestly, the nittos would have been safer and he would have went a little faster...those ets are not enough for the weight of the car and not enough contact for the power. I should have left the nittos on.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:53 AM
Launching!

Don has one big *** set of ***** to stay on the gas as sideways as that thing got. He must of pedaled it 6 times on that first run. I would of been changing my shorts. Badass car you got there Mike.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:53 AM
12 Second Club

I built the entire motor sweety

Didn't you start with a sort block from APE?
Old 10-09-2006, 10:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ace68
Didn't you start with a sort block from APE?
yep, ape never delivered and went under, we got our money back through the credit company..almost lost 7k I lost another 4k with phamspeeds BS kit as well. WE ended up doing our own thing on both parts

We has cmotorsports build/setup the internals to the short block before even they went under...cant keep a cmopany around long these days, it sucks.

But i guess you want to push buttons with semantics...the short block was cmotorsports

Last edited by PurEvl; 10-09-2006 at 10:10 AM.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:19 AM
12 Second Club

Im not pushing buttons I thought you had a shortblock that;s all. I have to give you credit it's a beast.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ace68
Im not pushing buttons I thought you had a shortblock that;s all. I have to give you credit it's a beast.
thanks for the props, your lucky you stayed home yesterday, the track was aweful, so many people there, hardly any runs for test and tune, hours between runs...yuck. They had 3 in a row oil the track as well
Old 10-09-2006, 11:00 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Big Props to Don for making down the track with that car! He was showing me how much he had to turn the wheel to keep it straight! The turbo sounds kick ***. I lerned the hard way not to keep the camera zoomed in, cause you lose sight of him pretty fast!
Old 10-09-2006, 11:06 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I saw that thing go down the track once yesterday... she's definately making power! I would love to see what that setup would do in a race car, I'm sur eit would be very impresive to say the least. Still impressive, probably put 1/2 a mile on the car going down the 1/4 track on the one run I saw it go.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
I saw that thing go down the track once yesterday... she's definately making power! I would love to see what that setup would do in a race car, I'm sur eit would be very impresive to say the least. Still impressive, probably put 1/2 a mile on the car going down the 1/4 track on the one run I saw it go.
a few have done similiar setups to mine with light cars with big stalled autos and a slick...they are in the 8's
Old 10-09-2006, 11:24 AM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Mike, your car is sick! I would love to feel the pull of a turbo 408!

Congrats on a great build guys!
Jason
Old 10-09-2006, 11:35 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by PurEvl
a few have done similiar setups to mine with light cars with big stalled autos and a slick...they are in the 8's
true... I just wonder what that would run like in comparison to the yellow car that the ohio boys have, or something like that... that car isn't really that light by any means.. just be intresting to see what it would do if set up for the track. I would have liked to get a look at the car up close, but was too busy goofing around with my won car trying to get it to hook right, and it still needs work.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:46 AM
TECH Resident

Mike,
That is some pretty serious mph

Now all we have to do is get you behind the wheel :p

Uncle Marc
Old 10-09-2006, 01:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1st and goal
Mike,
That is some pretty serious mph

Now all we have to do is get you behind the wheel :p

Uncle Marc
I do the full boost runs on the street There was a reason i let don take it yesterday, the et's are junk. I will leave the nittos on when i do it. OR if i invest in some serious rear tire. Now that he took it out and beat it good I got the green light. Im not to enthused after seeing him struggle
Old 10-09-2006, 01:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
true... I just wonder what that would run like in comparison to the yellow car that the ohio boys have, or something like that... that car isn't really that light by any means.. just be intresting to see what it would do if set up for the track. I would have liked to get a look at the car up close, but was too busy goofing around with my won car trying to get it to hook right, and it still needs work.
well you never know, we may go that route one day, i would just wait for dons car if you want to see some serious **** Mine will be a baby next to it
Old 10-09-2006, 02:51 PM
TECH Resident

I do the full boost runs on the street There was a reason i let don take it yesterday, the et's are junk. I will leave the nittos on when i do it. OR if i invest in some serious rear tire. Now that he took it out and beat it good I got the green light. Im not to enthused after seeing him struggle
Don't bother with the Nitto's....I tried them once on the "Tomato" back on a pump gas tune (550ish RWHP) and it spun like a bastard.

If you're going to try drag radials then try some M/T's otherwise get some Hooiser QTP's as my Z used to cut 1.4XX sixty ft's with those. I know, I know it was with a "Gay-O-Matic" (to quote yourself) but hey traction is traction.......
Old 10-09-2006, 03:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1st and goal
Don't bother with the Nitto's....I tried them once on the "Tomato" back on a pump gas tune (550ish RWHP) and it spun like a bastard.

If you're going to try drag radials then try some M/T's otherwise get some Hooiser QTP's as my Z used to cut 1.4XX sixty ft's with those. I know, I know it was with a "Gay-O-Matic" (to quote yourself) but hey traction is traction.......
Mine doesnt hit nearly as hard as yours because i walk it out of the hole, i would still be able to get 1.7-1.8 with nittos but have the safety of how stable they are at 140+....if i go all out there will be a tire like your old one or larger. I miss the tomatoe
Old 10-09-2006, 03:22 PM
8 second mod

Mike, i didnt see you yesterday?
i saw your car, your girlfriend don, and some racing but not you? lol

we where hooking good. 1.3x all day with a baby 10.5 non w tire. running mid -bottom 9's. in real street. meaning real street car. lol

just bustin on you.

but seriosly, i got to see your car all done yesterday, and 2 things. one it looks nice for sure, and 2

IT is NOT a street car anymore homeboy. No ac that i saw mr.racecar guy. lol

jk, she looked good.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Noyzee
Mike, i didnt see you yesterday?
i saw your car, your girlfriend don, and some racing but not you? lol

we where hooking good. 1.3x all day with a baby 10.5 non w tire. running mid -bottom 9's. in real street. meaning real street car. lol

just bustin on you.

but seriosly, i got to see your car all done yesterday, and 2 things. one it looks nice for sure, and 2

IT is NOT a street car anymore homeboy. No ac that i saw mr.racecar guy. lol

jk, she looked good.
All the lines and fittings/pulleys are there, the compressor is out until i get the new alt bracket in to fit it. I refuse to drive without it Ya i watched the stang go, it was awesome out of the whole. I looked for you but missed ya. Thanks for the props brad. Hey where is bman, i thought for sure he would be going for 9's?
Old 10-09-2006, 03:49 PM
8 second mod

All the lines and fittings/pulleys are there, the compressor is out until i get the new alt bracket in to fit it. I refuse to drive without it Ya i watched the stang go, it was awesome out of the whole. I looked for you but missed ya. Thanks for the props brad. Hey where is bman, i thought for sure he would be going for 9's?
yhea thanks, that stang is turned way down just to fit the 9.50 class.

it went 9.1 first pass off the trailer with a 225 single stage, and we are working on a 2nd stage for possabley the end of the year passes!!!

B-Man stood me up for his b-day, never called me back, never called after his b-day, never answered my calls. i spoke to him, i had it all pland to swap the converter andtake the car for this race, after that night i have not talked to him since.

not 100% sure why.
i did see they rebroke his foot again or somthing, but that was last week doesnt explaint the 2-3 weeks befor that.

i was realy hoping to get that car to go 9's this year @ 3700 pounds and 80% street car, but it never saw the street or the track this year not once besides around the block 2 or 3 times, less then 10 miles all year

if i didnt have a plan to buy the vett, i would have that car as my street car. i know he wouldsel it in a minit for the right price.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Car looked looked and ran sick for not haveing traction,Don, good driving on your part saw the beast get real sideways out of the whole.
BTLFEDSS