Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Since nobody is posting up, how did the Monday GMHTP shootout go?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 08:07 PM
CARTEK Racing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by choppin-suey
dont know how many cars were racing 346 n/a but you bring it up alot
Im prety sure I was the only one There was only 1 Turbo LS1 car, only 1 Blower LS1 car, 2 stroker LS1 cars, and I believe 2 or 3 N2O LS1 cars.

you make it sound like it was easy to make a 9 second pass like you could strap a bottle on and do it yourself
Im sure it could. But I chose to make my car run N/A Stock bottom end.

seeing as how im going 10.5's on motor I can imagine a 100wet shot and going down to 4.11's would give me more then enough to run a 9 second pass. But that is not what the car has been built for.

The point is still the same though; you did not see Mike R come on and say he got 1st place. Why? Simple, comparing his car, to my car, to Laura's car is like comparing aples and oranges.

Mikes was the fastest Turbo LS1 car.... okay
Laura's was the fastest N2O LS1 car.... no argument either
Mine was the fastest 346 N/A car... sure

But to put them all in one lader is just silly as I have said before.

Saying it was a shoot out is a joke as well. No one raced anyone. There were no class system, no one lined up. How is it a shoot out? It was a rental day, with GMHTP Magazine present, and we all had a great time. There for saying you got P4 implies you raced someone. In fact there was no racing, simply single runs.

It seems as much as I repeat myself the fact that a guy is arguing with a girl will always cause the leg humpers to come out and defend the object of their effections.

Last edited by WS6TransAm01; 11-01-2006 at 08:21 PM.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:27 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
I was the only one There was only 1 Turbo LS1 car, only 1 Blower LS1 car, 2 stroker LS1 cars, and I believe 3 N2O LS1 cars.

seeing as how im going 10.5's on motor I can imagine a 100wet shot and going down to 4.11's would give me more then enough to run a 9 second pass. But that is not what the car has been built for.

The point is still the same though; you did not see Mike R come on and say he got 1st place. Why? Simple, comparing his car, to my car, to Laura's car is like comparing aples and oranges.

Saying it was a shoot out is a joke as well. No one raced anyone. There were no class system, no one lined up. How is it a shoot out? It was a rental day, with GMHTP Magazine present, and we all had a great time. There for saying you got P4 implies you raced someone. In fact there was no racing, simply single runs.

It seems as much as I repeat myself the fact that a guy is arguing with a girl will always cause the leg humpers to come out and defend the object of their effections.
well im glad you think your **** is anything but a terd but if you think strapping on a bottle to your car would put you in the 9's I think you would have done it by now as for he fastest car ls1 n20 car that would be burbanman(9.4) and he built laura's car not to mention all 3 Md cars has 4l80's in them anyways maybe next time I feel like exposing myself to some radiation and going up that way I can stop by englishtown with my all leather 3700 pound glen burnie street car and **** on your gutted *** cartek stage 4000 race car
Old 11-01-2006, 08:43 PM
11 Second Club

well im glad you think your **** is anything but a terd but if you think strapping on a bottle to your car would put you in the 9's I think you would have done it by now as for he fastest car ls1 n20 car that would be burbanman(9.4) and he built laura's car not to mention all 3 Md cars has 4l80's in them anyways maybe next time I feel like exposing myself to some radiation and going up that way I can stop by englishtown with my all leather 3700 pound glen burnie street car and **** on your gutted *** cartek stage 4000 race car
Old 11-01-2006, 08:52 PM
10 Second Club

Old 11-01-2006, 09:31 PM
Launching!

Im prety sure I was the only one There was only 1 Turbo LS1 car, only 1 Blower LS1 car, 2 stroker LS1 cars, and I believe 2 or 3 N2O LS1 cars.

All I heard was Wah Wah Wah. Doesn't matter if I'm a girl or not. My vagina didn't get the 9 second pass, my car did. Go back and re-read what I wrote....4th place in the MAGAZINE article. For a guy you are awful catty.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SSANDTA
Dude I can't beleive you let a girl beat you

Great Job Laura! Are you gonna hit Mason Dixon to get your license anytime soon?

Next year. I am putting the car to bed for the season (while it is not broke )
Old 11-01-2006, 09:34 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Red Dragoness
Next year. I am putting the car to bed for the season (while it is not broke )
Congrats! I know you've been trying for your 9's and you've accomplished that.... now go have yourself a beer and forget about the folks drinking haterade
Old 11-01-2006, 09:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys are too harsh. Can't you see he's only jealous? ... lol ... Alex (don't know you but may as well call you by your name), different people have different goals in life and not everyone takes the same road. If you choose something, don't be all pissed 'cos someone else has done better doing something different. So it was not heads up, it's still a race against the clock!
Congrats Laura and Deez for getting new personal bests!
Old 11-01-2006, 09:37 PM
9 Second Club

Congrats on the new best Laura.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:59 PM
CARTEK Racing

9.40 is miles from 9.98....

I would have done it? What if I don't want to because I want to run H/C?

Race car? That is why I drove to the track and you trailored your car there? MD is not a far drive. I drove my car to Greensboro NC.

I guess I will not get through to the leg humpers. It's like talking to a very dumb wall. So I give up...
Old 11-01-2006, 11:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Red Dragoness
I rode a sick wheelie to the 60' mark and FINALLY got my 1st 9 second run. I ran a 9.97 @ 138. My time was enough to take 4th place. Stealth Turbo C5, your car is bad ***.
I saw your car, it runs great!
Old 11-01-2006, 11:53 PM
10 Second Club

Lightbulb

Congrats to all that participated, you all made it a fun filled day of racing and gave the magazine some good coverage for what should turn out to be a great article.

as for he fastest car ls1 n20 car that would be burbanman(9.4) and he built laura's car not to mention all 3 Md cars has 4l80's in them
Just curious, have any of those cars made any NA passes in their current trim? While obviously not optimized for runs off the bottle, that might give a better comparison to say an NA H/C car.
Certainly I have no doubts that Alex's car could potentially see 9s on a relatively small (100-125) shot with a gear change but regardless of how fast his car is and regardless of him being my friend I will also agree that some of his statements were uncalled for.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:15 AM
Launching!

Congrats Laura. Salty Pockets LOL.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:42 AM
9 Second Club

Ok, I gotta ask, what's with the "salty" thing? I don't get it.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:27 AM
Teching In

Race car? That is why I drove to the track and you trailored your car there? MD is not a far drive. I drove my car to Greensboro NC.

I guess I will not get through to the leg humpers. It's like talking to a very dumb wall. So I give up...
About 20 people feel one way and you are the ONLY one that feels your way. Do you think it could be you are just stooooopid?
Old 11-02-2006, 04:50 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Congrats to all that participated, you all made it a fun filled day of racing and gave the magazine some good coverage for what should turn out to be a great article.

Just curious, have any of those cars made any NA passes in their current trim? While obviously not optimized for runs off the bottle, that might give a better comparison to say an NA H/C car.
Certainly I have no doubts that Alex's car could potentially see 9s on a relatively small (100-125) shot with a gear change but regardless of how fast his car is and regardless of him being my friend I will also agree that some of his statements were uncalled for.
potentially is the same as IF, or WOULDA or SHOULDA and a gear change???? tell your boy dont talk about it be about it, **** I can see his verter crying now when he puts the spray to it not to mention his tranny(im guessing its a 4l60?)
Old 11-02-2006, 06:20 AM
CARTEK Racing

potentially is the same as IF, or WOULDA or SHOULDA and a gear change???? tell your boy dont talk about it be about it, **** I can see his verter crying now when he puts the spray to it not to mention his tranny(im guessing its a 4l60?)

Um Im running 4.56's so it would be a problem running 135 to 138 mph

You are right, my converter is crying its eyes out... maybe that is why I have a clutch, and my 4l60E is in such pain that Im running a stock t56...

No need to "be about it" since the car was built specificaly to be an N/A car. CARTEK wants to see good numbers with a simple H/C set up and that is what I'm going for. But I guess running 10.5's @ 129+ in a stock bottom end H/C car that is driven to and from the track... wow... its such a turn!
Old 11-02-2006, 07:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Stock bottom end with the rare ARP rod bolt option from the factory...
Old 11-02-2006, 07:49 AM
Launching!

How far did you drive? Isn't Preppyville right up the road? Or did you move to Littlesnotnosedbratville? Build a bridge and get the f*ck over it. You started this **** with your catty remarks and now you want to blame it on "leg humpers". You are the biggest leg humper of all except it's your own f*cking leg you are humping.

Alex (whiny) voice on: "Look at me. Look at me. I have the fastest H/C car (NOT) and nobody is paying any attention to me because a girl had the nerve to come on MY site and tell everyone she ran a 9.97. It wasn't a Shootout because there were faster cars than me (I will now hold my breath until I turn blue". Alex whiny voice off.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:59 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If his is a stock bottom end so is mine

Its a M6 No chance you get it in the 9's

UD LUZE ...... Salty pockets