Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Since nobody is posting up, how did the Monday GMHTP shootout go?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 08:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who cares about the LSx cars, what about the LT1's!?!?!

Congrats to all that were invited. Looking forward to seeing the article and comparing notes.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:45 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Here's how I define if a car is a race car or not,

Would your 8 month pregnant wife ride in the car for more than 5 miles?
Would you put an infant in the back seat?
Would you have a problem if you got pulled over and they decided to inspect the car?
Does it have all the factory options still on it? Example: A/C, Heater, Radio, factory seats, full factory interior, fog lights, etc.

If you answered no to these questions, you're probably more of a race car than you think. Just because you can drive it a couple miles doesn't make it a street car. ****, Dale Jr drives one of his old Daytona cup cars around his home town but I hardly think that classifies it as a street car.

Is there anything wrong with have a 4.56 geared race car, NOPE, but don't try to pass it off as a street car just because you drive it on the street. You are running bad *** times, and I respect you more than you know for doing it with a 6-speed (I have one too), but be happy for what it is.

Personal happiness comes with maturity, age and time. Just be happy and proud that you rowed your car to a new personal best mph and sleep well at night that it made you happy.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey now, 4.56s dont make it a race car. They do just fine down the highway at 2300/75 mph

Street cars race on the DOT tires they drove in on
Old 11-02-2006, 09:11 AM
12 Second Club

It was a shootout with the clock...period. If you have a problem with that you should have taken it up with GMHT before you ran your car. I like to have the philosophy of letting other people brag about your car otherwise you come off as an A$$.

Last edited by 01bird58; 11-02-2006 at 09:30 AM.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:23 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by GrannySShifting
Hey now, 4.56s dont make it a race car. They do just fine down the highway at 2300/75 mph

Street cars race on the DOT tires they drove in on
It's funny that you say street cars race on the DOT tires they drove in on. I was reading HOT ROD the other day and they have a class of older cars that do just that, they have to run on old style, byass ply tires that were available back in the 60s. I'd like to see a modern interpritation of that and see who is the fastest on factory tires, front and rear. Make it a factory tire class. Would be interesting.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Factory
Appearing
Stock
Tires
google it F.A.S.T. Year One is a major sponsor in it.

The key is the A-appearing...but will give those guys credit, that is a very cool series and we could learn alot from them....there are alot of weight saving tips they have come up with and the onlooker would be hard to 'see' them....

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
It's funny that you say street cars race on the DOT tires they drove in on. I was reading HOT ROD the other day and they have a class of older cars that do just that, they have to run on old style, byass ply tires that were available back in the 60s. I'd like to see a modern interpritation of that and see who is the fastest on factory tires, front and rear. Make it a factory tire class. Would be interesting.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Shon Herron
Who cares about the LSx cars, what about the LT1's!?!?!

Congrats to all that were invited. Looking forward to seeing the article and comparing notes.
Are you on Joey's board? Your sig looks familiar....

I honestly don't remember what the LT1 cars ran.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:47 AM
10 Second Club

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by NHRATA01
Stock bottom end with the rare ARP rod bolt option from the factory...
For the record, in the LSX racing community simply adding ARP rod bolts for strength/longevity (being slightly heavier they will likely only hurt performance actually) has never been considered straying from the category of stock bottom end, but I hear what you're saying.

Originally Posted by ATVracr
If his is a stock bottom end so is mine
It really is his original 60k mile stock bottom end, might've been reringed with stock rings once but plenty of bone stock F-bodies/Vettes have had that had done that done right at the dealership as well.

Originally Posted by ATVracr
Its a M6 No chance you get it in the 9's
Good point...shifting into the 9s, especially with a bottle, is no easy task but it HAS been done.
But unless he tries it it's true, we will never really know.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:02 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
Here's how I define if a car is a race car or not,

Would your 8 month pregnant wife ride in the car for more than 5 miles?
Would you put an infant in the back seat?
Would you have a problem if you got pulled over and they decided to inspect the car?
Does it have all the factory options still on it? Example: A/C, Heater, Radio, factory seats, full factory interior, fog lights, etc.

If you answered no to these questions, you're probably more of a race car than you think. Just because you can drive it a couple miles doesn't make it a street car. ****, Dale Jr drives one of his old Daytona cup cars around his home town but I hardly think that classifies it as a street car.

Is there anything wrong with have a 4.56 geared race car, NOPE, but don't try to pass it off as a street car just because you drive it on the street. You are running bad *** times, and I respect you more than you know for doing it with a 6-speed (I have one too), but be happy for what it is.

Personal happiness comes with maturity, age and time. Just be happy and proud that you rowed your car to a new personal best mph and sleep well at night that it made you happy.

No one cares what YOU think a streetcar is
Old 11-02-2006, 10:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Street car is in the eye of the driver. Why is that a topic of discussion?!!??
Old 11-02-2006, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kenny H
Are you on Joey's board? Your sig looks familiar....

I honestly don't remember what the LT1 cars ran.
Yes.
only 2 LT1 cars were there.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
For the record, in the LSX racing community simply adding ARP rod bolts for strength/longevity (being slightly heavier they will likely only hurt performance actually) has never been considered straying from the category of stock bottom end, but I hear what you're saying.

It really is his original 60k mile stock bottom end, might've been reringed with stock rings once but plenty of bone stock F-bodies/Vettes have had that had done that done right at the dealership as well.
Wow I had no idea his motor was reringed I guess you learn something new everyday ..

Now people lets keep the name call and BS out of this thread . Or I will have to throw down the hammer
Old 11-02-2006, 10:25 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bspz28
Wow I had no idea his motor was reringed I guess you learn something new everyday ..

Now people lets keep the name call and BS out of this thread . Or I will have to throw down the hammer
Sorry Pete. I just don't like it when someone attacks me for no reason.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:28 AM
10 Second Club

Lightbulb

I said might've been reringed, I'm not totally sure that it actually was.
It's just so difficult to keep track of people's bottom ends these days.

Yours was definitely reringed at least once though wasn't it Pete?
Old 11-02-2006, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
I said might've been reringed, I'm not totally sure that it actually was.
It's just so difficult to keep track of people's bottom ends these days.

Yours was definitely reringed at least once though wasn't it Pete?
I was told by Dave that it was but who knows if it really was.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:18 AM
CARTEK Racing

Originally Posted by Red Dragoness
How far did you drive? Isn't Preppyville right up the road? Or did you move to Littlesnotnosedbratville? Build a bridge and get the f*ck over it. You started this **** with your catty remarks and now you want to blame it on "leg humpers". You are the biggest leg humper of all except it's your own f*cking leg you are humping.

Alex (whiny) voice on: "Look at me. Look at me. I have the fastest H/C car (NOT) and nobody is paying any attention to me because a girl had the nerve to come on MY site and tell everyone she ran a 9.97. It wasn't a Shootout because there were faster cars than me (I will now hold my breath until I turn blue". Alex whiny voice off.

LOL That was prety funny. I don't care who pays attention to me, I did not even care to post what I ran at the even, which I was actualy very happy with all things considerd. There will always be faster cars then me so I can care less. If I do care about others, it would only be about other H/C 6spd cars.

If you want to say I started this then fine. Once again, I have nothing agianst your car running a new best. In fact I congratulate you on it. It took you a long time and you should be realy proud/happy to have gotten there. What I did have a problem with is the fact that you claimed "P4" You could have said "I had the 4th fastest pass of the day" but saying you got 4th place is simply silly in my eyes because all the cars were so different there is no posible way to compare place them in the same catagory in order to make an assumption on what "place" you got.

Then all these guys come on here and fight back at me because I dared chriticise a girl. And whats with the "salty pockets" comments? Must me a MD thing cause no one else knows what the hell you are talking about. An insult only works when everyone understands it's meaning. I could curse you off in Russian, but who would know I did?
Old 11-02-2006, 11:20 AM
CARTEK Racing

I was told by Dave that it was but who knows if it really was.

Both motors you got from CARTEK were freshly rebuilt LS6's

My bottom end was reringed with factory GM rings 3 years ago because like many other '01's I had shity fings from the factory, that is also when they put the rod bolts in. But its the same 65K mile crank, pistons, rods, block, bearings.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:32 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
I could curse you off in Russian, but who would know I did?
I would...
Old 11-02-2006, 12:47 PM
11 Second Club

I dont know if you remember me Laura, but congrats. I remember you from a few years ago at E-town T&T nights....

Can someone please share the salty pocket thing? I'm totally lost on that one.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
LOL That was prety funny. I don't care who pays attention to me, I did not even care to post what I ran at the even, which I was actualy very happy with all things considerd. There will always be faster cars then me so I can care less. If I do care about others, it would only be about other H/C 6spd cars.

If you want to say I started this then fine. Once again, I have nothing agianst your car running a new best. In fact I congratulate you on it. It took you a long time and you should be realy proud/happy to have gotten there. What I did have a problem with is the fact that you claimed "P4" You could have said "I had the 4th fastest pass of the day" but saying you got 4th place is simply silly in my eyes because all the cars were so different there is no posible way to compare place them in the same catagory in order to make an assumption on what "place" you got.

Then all these guys come on here and fight back at me because I dared chriticise a girl. And whats with the "salty pockets" comments? Must me a MD thing cause no one else knows what the hell you are talking about. An insult only works when everyone understands it's meaning. I could curse you off in Russian, but who would know I did?
If you would not have been such an ******* about this, I would not have written anything bad about you. I will stand by my statement that my pass was enough to get 4th place. It WAS a Shootout no matter how you want to word it and I was very proud to be in the top 5. What were you expecting? To get special honors because your car is N/A? Have your E.T. placed with other N/A cars. I specifically remember getting an e-mail from Scott Parker stating that only 9-10 second cars would be there and that the E.T.'s would be listed in the article from best to worst. I considered it a race for best E.T. as well as other people who were there with the exception of YOU. I remember telling the folks from N.C. that they took 3rd. They knew exactly what I was talking about. And please stop with the "because I'm a girl" ****. That has nothing to do with it. I don't even know some of the people who posted in here so how could you imply that it is "leg humping"? People that know me know that I don't pull the "girl card". So you speak Russian curse words. Ooooh very impressive Boris.