Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Does anybody know how much a set of dyno runs will cost at SLP HQ in Toms River, NJ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 10:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by aliwantsnss
My car dynoed 307.9 hp and 326.9 tq with the Whisper lid, SLP ram air, and Spintech catback. Once I added the QTP HVMC headers, Mufflex ORYP, and QTEC, it did indeed dyno 352 hp and 370 tq. It was quite impressive and never was tuned. It did go 12.2 @ 114 completely full weight, on the stock rear. Once a 12 bolt with gears, pulley, tires and weight reduction were done it went 11.70 @ 116 hitting the rev limiter still set to stock.... There are several other cars on here that saw similar gains.
True, I remember that day, it was (is?) among the quickest/fastest 6 speed bolt on cars out there at the time, quicker than some people's heads and cam cars actually.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:30 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by aliwantsnss
My car dynoed 307.9 hp and 326.9 tq with the Whisper lid, SLP ram air, and Spintech catback. Once I added the QTP HVMC headers, Mufflex ORYP, and QTEC, it did indeed dyno 352 hp and 370 tq. It was quite impressive and never was tuned. It did go 12.2 @ 114 completely full weight, on the stock rear. Once a 12 bolt with gears, pulley, tires and weight reduction were done it went 11.70 @ 116 hitting the rev limiter still set to stock.... There are several other cars on here that saw similar gains.

Those are very impressive numbers and times. Great Stuff.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hi hank, I was wondering if u could look into something for me. I figuure that u would be my best chance at getting slp to make this happen. I heard from an slp rep that the reason that they stopped making the CME valance and tips is because the original mold broke. This part is in very high demand. There are a ton of guys that would love that look on their cars, but can no longer get it. If by some lucky chance they find someone selling one on this site or ebay, it sells for like $800 to $1200 for a piece of used plastic. I hate to see people get ripped-off and taken advantage of like that, and i'm sure you do too. Is there any way that you could look into Reproducing a mold for this part so that you could continue selling it at your original price? I'm sure that it would mean alot to the camaro guys on this and othe sites. If any of you guys that always wanted the cme look read this, give your support by letting Hank know. I dont want him thinking that i'm making this up just becaus i want one. This is for all of u. AS you can tell from my sig , I am loyal slp costomer and never had anything bad to say about them. I do have to admit that i was alittle dissapointed when i was told that they wouldnt be making this part anymore. Thanks for your time, and for caring about your costomers enough to come on the site and talk to us.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:30 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SLPPower
BrandonDrecksage,

I will work on this for you and everyone. Was not even a thought here yet so thank you.

Give me until next week and I will post for the most popular items. Untill then please feel free the email me or call SLP and ask for some pricing.

Thanks
Hank
Hello, I'd like to see some prices on complete packages. For example, a full bolt-on package, i.e., headers, pulley, TB, etc. with a tune. In addition, a heads/cam package that includes gaskets, oil pump, timing chain, etc. with a tune. Please include prices for items that you can add to the package or some deductions if you have the item already.

If you want to be successful, especially with numerous competitors now, you'll need some great pricing for people to come to your shop.

Finally, please do a redesign on the headers. There are some many better headers out on the market now. Without a new header, SLP will continue to be hammered in the forums because they hang too low. Thus, the rest of your products will be under close scrutiny.

Best of Luck and I do wish you much success in a crowded market!
Old 12-08-2006, 03:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wilwhite2kss
Hi hank, I was wondering if u could look into something for me. I figuure that u would be my best chance at getting slp to make this happen. I heard from an slp rep that the reason that they stopped making the CME valance and tips is because the original mold broke. This part is in very high demand. There are a ton of guys that would love that look on their cars, but can no longer get it. If by some lucky chance they find someone selling one on this site or ebay, it sells for like $800 to $1200 for a piece of used plastic. I hate to see people get ripped-off and taken advantage of like that, and i'm sure you do too. Is there any way that you could look into Reproducing a mold for this part so that you could continue selling it at your original price? I'm sure that it would mean alot to the camaro guys on this and othe sites. If any of you guys that always wanted the cme look read this, give your support by letting Hank know. I dont want him thinking that i'm making this up just becaus i want one. This is for all of u. AS you can tell from my sig , I am loyal slp costomer and never had anything bad to say about them. I do have to admit that i was alittle dissapointed when i was told that they wouldnt be making this part anymore. Thanks for your time, and for caring about your costomers enough to come on the site and talk to us.
brand new the valance was 600 or soemthign unpainted. Nobody is being taken advantage of any body, your aren't forced to buy the used parts. I think the tips where 300 and the valance was another 200 something.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

[QUOTE=BrandonDrecksage]brand new the valance was 600 or soemthign unpainted. Nobody is being taken advantage of any body, your aren't forced to buy the used parts. I think the tips where 300 and the valance was another 200 something.[/

"or Something" my ***. Your wrong. Yes the tips were that much, but the valance was not $600. Try like $400. Still far from the $800 and $1200 people were asking for a used one. AS you can tell i dont have one, so nobody took advantage of me. I'm not dumb enough to pay that much for a peace of plastic. It makes me sick tha somebody has the nerve to ask that much for it.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:21 AM
11 Second Club

I never had a problem with my SLP L/T headers. I did run 12.088 @ 115 with them, a stock stall, and full bolt-ons. I'll have to go back and check my old dyno sheets to see what I put down.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:38 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by 99Andrew
Hello, I'd like to see some prices on complete packages. For example, a full bolt-on package, i.e., headers, pulley, TB, etc. with a tune. In addition, a heads/cam package that includes gaskets, oil pump, timing chain, etc. with a tune. Please include prices for items that you can add to the package or some deductions if you have the item already.

If you want to be successful, especially with numerous competitors now, you'll need some great pricing for people to come to your shop.

Finally, please do a redesign on the headers. There are some many better headers out on the market now. Without a new header, SLP will continue to be hammered in the forums because they hang too low. Thus, the rest of your products will be under close scrutiny.

99Andrew,

I will get those prices up by early next week. Thank you for the advise to make the SLP Shop more successful.

I do need to back our headers in this response. But realize that I understand and hear your reasons and opinions and will not ignore them.

While I know they hang a bit lower then other Long Tubes on the market, it was part of the design to obtain the optimum tuned tube length to gain the low and mid RPM power. The shape of those headers are definitely not by chance.

While I know there are great results out there with competitors headers, there are many great results out there with the SLP Headers as well.

Thanks
Hank
Old 12-09-2006, 08:51 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Wilwhite2kss,

I did look into the reasons for discontinuing this part. There are two reasons. First, the response slowed down to a minimum in terms of sales per year and the Sales/Marketing department cut the product from our line of parts. Second, yes a new tool is needed and the investment was not made to make another tool as the sales did not justify the cost to re-tool.

Thanks
Hank
Old 12-09-2006, 11:42 AM
Staging Lane

I am glad to see this happening . As you can see in my sig all my parts are slp. When I started this project I had planned on using " a matched set" of parts. I was always confident it was the best way to go , as I was not looking to get every .001 of a second out of my car. When all the parts were purchased and installed SLP had stopped doing dyno tuning and recommended that I send my PCM to fastchip. What a waste of money. The car will idle now but noooo power. With the factory tune it had good power but wouldnt idle. Now maybe I can take it to the people who built the parts for the correct tune. I will be setting up an appointment. Thank you also for taking an interest on this board , It gets depressing spending the money that I have on your parts and feeling like a idiot.
Old 12-09-2006, 05:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=wilwhite2kss]
Originally Posted by BrandonDrecksage
brand new the valance was 600 or soemthign unpainted. Nobody is being taken advantage of any body, your aren't forced to buy the used parts. I think the tips where 300 and the valance was another 200 something.[/

"or Something" my ***. Your wrong. Yes the tips were that much, but the valance was not $600. Try like $400. Still far from the $800 and $1200 people were asking for a used one. AS you can tell i dont have one, so nobody took advantage of me. I'm not dumb enough to pay that much for a peace of plastic. It makes me sick tha somebody has the nerve to ask that much for it.
I meant to say together they were around 600.

brand new the valance was 600 or soemthign unpainted. Nobody is being taken advantage of any body, your aren't forced to buy the used parts. I think the tips where 300 and the valance was another 200 something.

maybe you should take some reading comprehension tests before you jump down somebodies throat.
Old 12-09-2006, 06:51 PM
10 Second Club

SLP/Hank - Do you have pricing and details (i.e. what muffler) on the new TB SS exhaust system? Any before/after dyno numbers and release date?
Old 12-09-2006, 06:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

[QUOTE=BrandonDrecksage]

I meant to say together they were around 600.

maybe you should take some reading comprehension tests before you jump down somebodies throat.

AND YOU DONT CONSIDER GOING FROM "LIKE $600 FOR BOTH TIP AND VALANCE" TO $1200 FOR JUST A USED VALANCE A RIPOFF?
Old 12-09-2006, 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=wilwhite2kss]

AND YOU DONT CONSIDER GOING FROM "LIKE $600 FOR BOTH TIP AND VALANCE" TO $1200 FOR JUST A USED VALANCE A RIPOFF?
you said 800-1200..and the fact that the slp one went for 600-700 for a unpainted one. Yes, I do think its a rip off, hence why i don't want one. I'm just making a point that 800 for a part that isn't made anymore that oringinall cost 600+ isn't bad. SLP obviously wasn't selling them because they were priced high already. 600 for different exhaust tips is insane. why are you acting so immature to someone just trying to educate you? are you 17?
Old 12-09-2006, 08:18 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by DrkPhx
SLP/Hank - Do you have pricing and details (i.e. what muffler) on the new TB SS exhaust system? Any before/after dyno numbers and release date?
DrkPhx,

The new system will come with a NEW rear valance. No need to cut your current piece. The new cutouts on the SLP valance have the exact same same features as your current single cutout with the dual angle cut and beveled edges.

The exhaust system itself:

ALL 304 SS down to the exhaust hangers.

3" Intermidiate pipe bolts to your current post cat flange. The 3" intermidiate pipe enters a single inlet dual outlet SLP full polished (with SLP stamp) muffler. Outlets of the muffler are 2.5". Muffler is a straight through design that leaves no cabin resonance and a deep muscular sound out the rear.

Tips are 4" O.D. Dual Wall, Full Polish 304SS. With a matching cut angle to the rear valance.

NO need to move, relocate or remove your rear spare tire.

Tooling for the rear facia will be completed this coming week. I will have the first production sample to test fit before X-Mas.

Release date should be around 2/24/07.

You will see this SLP exhaust in Hot Rod Magazine on a Twin Turbo 06 SS. I will get you the issue date so that you do not miss it.

We will have pricing before X-Mas as well. I will post when I have the info.

System made +14.2HP and +14.7 Ft-lbs.

Thanks,
Hank
Old 12-09-2006, 08:32 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by CATDIESEL
I am glad to see this happening . As you can see in my sig all my parts are slp. When I started this project I had planned on using " a matched set" of parts. I was always confident it was the best way to go , as I was not looking to get every .001 of a second out of my car. When all the parts were purchased and installed SLP had stopped doing dyno tuning and recommended that I send my PCM to fastchip. What a waste of money. The car will idle now but noooo power. With the factory tune it had good power but wouldnt idle. Now maybe I can take it to the people who built the parts for the correct tune. I will be setting up an appointment. Thank you also for taking an interest on this board , It gets depressing spending the money that I have on your parts and feeling like a idiot.
Hello CATDIESEL,

We would be more then happy to get that car idling smooth and making great power for you. When we tune any cam/head & cam or large cube motor we will not only use the dyno but also road tune the car. Most of the time in the tuning is road tuning. We will literally spend a few days tuning off the dyno. Hot Starts, Cold Starts, Warm Starts and everywhere in between. As well as driving from a cold start - hot starts. WOT tuning on the dyno for power is the easy part. We hope to see you soon.

Thanks
Hank
Old 12-10-2006, 06:30 PM
10 Second Club

Hank - Thanks for the details. That sounds like a very system (especially the no resonance part). Can't wait until it comes out. Keep us updated. Will you do a special introductory price or GP?
Old 12-11-2006, 03:36 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01bird58
Just a FYI, if there was a way to make Firehawk rims available again those things would sell like hotcakes.
MAKE THE REARS 17 X 11
Old 12-11-2006, 11:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 214 Likes on 95 Posts

I just left Hank a v/m to get my car dynoed. Hopefully they can take me in soon.

I want to have the ride dynoed with and without a cold air induction and see how much HP I gain.

Last edited by cdubbzz; 12-11-2006 at 11:50 AM.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:49 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by 99Andrew

Here are some SLP installation pricing that you asked for. If you need more please call our sales staff at 732-349-2109 or PM me and I will get it to you.

P/N 28039 Performance Pac: $1543.75

P/N 30053 2001-2002 Long Tube Headers: $760.00

P/N 31042 Loudmouth Exhaust: $142.50

SLP Head and Cam F-Body: $2090.00
(no charge Airlid, Bellows, MAF, Thermostat, Balancer install)
Add Headers: $285.00
Add Intake Manifold: $114.00
Add Oil Pump and Timing Chain: $190.00

SLP 402 Short Block Install F-Body: $2660.00
(no charge timing chain, oil pump, balancer, Bellows, Thermostat, Airlid)

Standard Inertia, Dyno Test, 2 Good Average Pulls, WITH A/F: $205.00
Standard Inertia, Custom Dyno Tune for BOLT ONS, WITH A/F: $425.00
Standard Inertia, H&C Dyno Tune w/ Road Tuning, WITH A/F: $685.00
Standard Inertia, 402 Dyno Tune w/ Road Tuning, WITH A/F: $685.00

All tunes are guaranteed to your satisfaction with the same parts as the days of tuning. If ever a problem contact your salesmen and we will take care of any issues or adjustments you may want to suit your driving style.

REMEMBER, you will receive a CD with your dyno session on video and photos. A full color "packet" that will include plots of Wheel Power, Flywheel Power, A/F Ratio, Fuel Pressure. The "packet" will also include all important PCM/ECM parameters printed per RPM in an easy to read spreadsheet. (ECT, IAT, KNOCK, TIMING, LOAD, TP....and more). The packet will also included all power numbers per RPM printed in an easy to read spreadsheet. Showing min, max and averages as well.

We are and will be running the following install specials:

Get 10% off
any parts and installation order over $1000, and during each month of November, and December, be included in a SPECIAL DRAWING for a $350 SLP gift Certificate.

Get 10% off
and a FREE dyno test on any parts and installation order over $2500, and during each month of November, and December, be included in a SPECIAL DRAWING for a $500 SLP gift Certificate.

Remember this is our Re-Opening of the install shop. We are not new to this by any means so be very confident that you will have some of the best aftermarket techs working on your vehicles. All custom tunes are completed by our engineering staff, including myself.

Here is the link to our dyno page:
http://www.slponline.com/install_dyno.asp

Thanks
Hank

Quick Reply: Does anybody know how much a set of dyno runs will cost at SLP HQ in Toms River, NJ?