Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Does anybody know how much a set of dyno runs will cost at SLP HQ in Toms River, NJ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 06:59 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Does anybody know how much a set of dyno runs will cost at SLP HQ in Toms River, NJ?

I heard from a friend reading off the SLP catalog that SLP re-opened their installation and dyno facility in Toms River, NJ. And then, I saw this:

http://www.slponline.com/20061006_install_dyno.asp

What sucks is that they still only install their own parts. Without me contacting them directly, does anybody know who much they charge for a set of dyno runs with air/fuel ratio monitoring? Toms River is like 45 minutes north of me so it would be really convenient if I can just go there for dyno runs instead of having to go all the way to HSW@Warminster, PA, or to the performance shops up in North Jersey. Thanks in advance for the info.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:11 AM
11 Second Club

Before they closed it was $125 for like 2-3 pulls. I don't know what it is now.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:16 PM
10 Second Club

slp sucks. overpriced junk. wouldn't even bother bringing a car there imho.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea and they are a sponsor of this site and prob have nobody around to check posts or offer GP. They were so much of a better company years ago.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:22 AM
8 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

There's a dyno down the street from Atco Raceway and a dyno a little futher in Tabernacle.
Old 11-24-2006, 01:48 PM
11 Second Club

If you just want some dyno runs, that shouldn't be a problem. It's not like finding an LS1 specialty shop to give you a dynotune.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:05 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by CJDZ24_Z28
yea and they are a sponsor of this site and prob have nobody around to check posts or offer GP. They were so much of a better company years ago.
Hello CJDZ24_728 and fellow LS1 Tech Users,

My name is Hank Daniecki and I am the new Director of Engineering at SLP Performance Parts. I am intimately familiar with ALL SLP parts as I have worked for SLP as an engineer for the last 6 years. SLP's engineering department will be taking a much more active role on LS1Tech and many other boards on the web to help clear up any issues or problems that anyone might have with any and all SLP products. There are many rumors and false claims being made that we want to clear up as soon as they are spotted on LS1 tech. The SLP Engineering Department loves input from customers and the challenge to make our customers as happy as humanly possible. We take our jobs very seriously. We do not like to see members bash our products that we spend long days and nights designing without solid ground to stand on. The SLP Engineering Department and I welcome with open arms constructive criticism and factual replies. I will make sure all questions are answered with great detail. Any and all on the board, please do not hesitate to email me with any issues or problems you might have. Please include in your email a phone number so that we can communicate by phone if needed. I look forward to getting SLP a better reputation on this board. Our products are top notch and we take the greatest pride in the work that we do. Please take the time to check out our website and our new 100pg catalog; I am sure you will agree our products are top notch. Also, we have re-opened the SLP Installation and Dyno Center. Please find the link below.

For a dyno session at SLP with A/F the cost is $205.00:
You will get a full color printout (All Vehicle Parameters (Timing, Knock, IAT, MAF, ECT and so on) Engine Power Graphs, Wheel Power Graphs, Full Printout of power levels at each RPM increment as well as A/F Ratio vs RPM and Fuel Pressure vs RPM, AS WELL AS a video and photos of the dyno session on CD.

I hope to see many of you at our Dyno Shop in the near future.

Thanks
Hank
Old 12-06-2006, 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SLPPower

My name is Hank Daniecki and I am the new Director of Engineering at SLP Performance Parts. I am intimately familiar with ALL SLP parts as I have worked for SLP as an engineer for the last 6 years. SLP's engineering department will be taking a much more active role on LS1Tech and many other boards on the web to help clear up any issues or problems that anyone might have with any and all SLP products. There are many rumors and false claims being made that we want to clear up as soon as they are spotted on LS1 tech. The SLP Engineering Department loves input from customers and the challenge to make our customers as happy as humanly possible. We take our jobs very seriously. We do not like to see members bash our products that we spend long days and nights designing without solid ground to stand on. The SLP Engineering Department and I welcome with open arms constructive criticism and factual replies. I will make sure all questions are answered with great detail. Any and all on the board, please do not hesitate to email me with any issues or problems you might have. Please include in your email a phone number so that we can communicate by phone if needed. I look forward to getting SLP a better reputation on this board. Our products are top notch and we take the greatest pride in the work that we do. Please take the time to check out our website and our new 100pg catalog; I am sure you will agree our products are top notch. Also, we have re-opened the SLP Installation and Dyno Center. Please find the link below.

You will get a full color printout (All Vehicle Parameters (Timing, Knock, IAT, MAF, ECT and so on) Engine Power Graphs, Wheel Power Graphs, Full Printout of power levels at each RPM increment as well as A/F Ratio vs RPM and Fuel Pressure vs RPM, AS WELL AS a video and photos of the dyno session on CD.

Thanks
Hank
Whoa - Thats different.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks
Hank

cool,any dyno days? how bout a tour?
Old 12-06-2006, 07:45 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
cool,any dyno days? how bout a tour?
We are working on the dyno days, they are coming, we will post on our dyno page the details as well I will post the link on LS1Tech. The idea is to make it more then just dyno time for customers. We would "show off" our facility during these days, provide technical support, light installations and have discounts on parts. During this time you can tour the SLP facility.

Thanks
Hank
Old 12-06-2006, 08:40 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks
Hank

Glad to see someone from SLP here! I have several SLP parts on my car and have made serveral trips to SLP headquarters. Im only 40 min away. What about Installs? Will the prices be reasonable and will you guys install anyones parts? Any hopes of SLP day again?
Old 12-06-2006, 09:05 PM
12 Second Club

I never had a problem with the parts I bought form SLP.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:07 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by CJDZ24_Z28
Glad to see someone from SLP here! I have several SLP parts on my car and have made serveral trips to SLP headquarters. Im only 40 min away. What about Installs? Will the prices be reasonable and will you guys install anyones parts? Any hopes of SLP day again?

Right now we are only installing our parts with the exception of F.A.S.T parts (injectors/LSX Manifolds/Throttle Bodies), SPEC Clutches, and in tank Walbro fuel pumps. The reasons being: we know our parts and what to expect, we have total control over our parts and what is in stock. If a piece is missing from a kit we can get it out of our warehouse in the matter of minutes. The reason for also installing the manufactures parts above, they complement our head and cam, 402 and other high horsepower applications well. We have had great sucess with no issues.

Our prices are resonable. We are under the standard dealer rates but more then your standard mom and pop shops. If you would like to PM or email me I will get your info to the sales staff, have them work up a quote and email or call you back. This goes for anyone.

There are no plans for SLP days again as of yet, but there are plans for the dyno days.

Thanks
Hank
Old 12-06-2006, 09:36 PM
TECH Resident

Half my car is SLP. If you guys would just remake the CME exhaust you would have more money then you know what to do with! No complaints on my end besides the headers hang low. And knock on would it doesn't mess with my warranty thus far. I would just play dumb and act like i bought the car like that anyway. " What the hell is a header?"
Old 12-06-2006, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its pretty neat to see an SLP rep step up and welcome some feedback....That can only lead to good things for all sides involved.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:26 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by smg267
Half my car is SLP. If you guys would just remake the CME exhaust you would have more money then you know what to do with! No complaints on my end besides the headers hang low. And knock on would it doesn't mess with my warranty thus far. I would just play dumb and act like i bought the car like that anyway. " What the hell is a header?"
Just as an FYI on the low hanging headers and the reason for it. I posted on another thread. But firgured you might want to read it.

Thanks
Hank

Yes with a lowered car the tuned length headers will have limited clearance, no argument there. Reason being: The SLP 99-02 F-Body Headers are Tuned Length Long Tube Headers and not just long tube headers. They were designed to create more low end torque then top end power. Tuned Length primaries allow more efficient scavenging of the exhaust by allowing one exhaust pulse to push the other out. The length dictates what RPM they will make the most power. We definitely did sacrificed space to gain more low end performance.

I understand your opinion on the loudmouth. All of our exhaust systems are now modular allowing anyone to swap in and out the loudmouth or loudmouth II mufflers to their taste. The loudmouth II mufflers will give a deeper more mild tone eliminating the raspy sound that you get when adding LTs.

Thank you for your input, we do appreciate it and would like it to continue. I like opinions, it will give us ideas on what customers need and want from SLP. We will react to them.

Thanks
Hank
Old 12-06-2006, 11:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

We are working on the dyno days, they are coming, we will post on our dyno page the details as well I will post the link on LS1Tech. The idea is to make it more then just dyno time for customers. We would "show off" our facility during these days, provide technical support, light installations and have discounts on parts. During this time you can tour the SLP facility.

Thanks
Hank
nice! ive been there there many times and have wanted to check SLP out.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

how about chrome ss 10 spokes so the chrome wont flake off?
Old 12-07-2006, 06:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TheSilverOne
how about chrome ss 10 spokes so the chrome wont flake off?
lol, the chrome started to chip off of on my zr-1s too, but i figured it was with age. it was cheaper for me to buy 4 new blackmotorsport zo6s then to buy one new zr-1.

I think this si cool, i've been on the board for almost 2 years and never saw a peep from slp, except when someone was tearing apart their customer service badly. Now that they actually have someone on here to talk to us seems much better. before it just seemed that they didn't give a **** about the cust, they just wanted to eat your cash. how come you guys don't post rates for certain jobs? like doing lt headers? i can go on any sponser's website who installs stuff and for common installs(clutch, headers, subframe connectors...ect) they list a price.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:48 PM
TECH Resident

Yes with a lowered car the tuned length headers will have limited clearance, no argument there. Reason being: The SLP 99-02 F-Body Headers are Tuned Length Long Tube Headers and not just long tube headers. They were designed to create more low end torque then top end power. Tuned Length primaries allow more efficient scavenging of the exhaust by allowing one exhaust pulse to push the other out. The length dictates what RPM they will make the most power. We definitely did sacrificed space to gain more low end performance.

Thanks
Hank
This would explain why I had 370 t.q. through a stock catback with just the slp lid,bellow and headers. I was kinda suprised to say the least.

Quick Reply: Does anybody know how much a set of dyno runs will cost at SLP HQ in Toms River, NJ?