Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Patriots!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 10:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 49 Likes on 18 Posts

not as many as my boys... I give them credit they looked like **** and where able to stay close, even with the chargers ******* up all game. If you are a true football fan and not a blind Pats fan then you have to say they where lucky....as lucky as seattle was..
Old 01-14-2007, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i completely agree they had luck on their side today. but when it comes down to it, they found a way to win the game. and thats how you can really judge great teams, they win, even when they dont play their best. trust me, the cowboys during the 90s didnt win every single game on pure skill. every team, including dallas, catches breaks here and there, its how you take advantage of them. the boys did it in the 90s, the pats do it now, thats why they are great teams, or were, in dallas' case
Old 01-14-2007, 10:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by scottywheels
not as many as my boys... I give them credit they looked like **** and where able to stay close, even with the chargers ******* up all game. If you are a true football fan and not a blind Pats fan then you have to say they where lucky....as lucky as seattle was..
C'mon, Scotty: Your "boys" have been sucking canal water for quite some time now, no?? They couldn't even make the post-season show -- not to mention the big dance! And as far as being out-coached, if Marty had used his time-outs more intelligently, SD maybe would've had a chance at the end, instead of making their kicker try a field goal beyond his range... WJ
Old 01-14-2007, 10:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BADFNZ-383
he obviously didnt do enough did he. who cares if he ran for 300 yards and 6 touchdowns they didnt win, and well, thats all that really matters. i lost a lot of respect for him after the game, i had always liked up until that point. but i mean seriously, who says to everyone "im a classy guy, you guys know me, im classy" and i suppose merrimam always doing that retarded dance is classy because he plays for the chargers?? and to call out our team and our coach because we completely shut up merrimam, i think i heard his name once all day. LT may be one hell of a classy guy when they win, but someone should teach him how to deal with a loss too.

in any case it was a crazy game today, but when the game was on the line the pats made one more play than the chargers did, and thats the difference.

All I said was he didn't get owned or shut down. Yea you guys did win but LT didnt get owned. Yea he did act like a sore loser after the game. All his hard work today to end up losing because the rest of the ******** on my squad couldn't catch passes,fumbled and worst of all get called for unsportsmanlike. I'd be pretty pissed off also
Old 01-14-2007, 11:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 49 Likes on 18 Posts

They made the post season show....you can not say that. I give the patriots credit like the cowbiys n the 90's they are finding ways to win, even on a bad day.
Originally Posted by WJ SOM SS
C'mon, Scotty: Your "boys" have been sucking canal water for quite some time now, no?? They couldn't even make the post-season show -- not to mention the big dance! And as far as being out-coached, if Marty had used his time-outs more intelligently, SD maybe would've had a chance at the end, instead of making their kicker try a field goal beyond his range... WJ
Old 01-15-2007, 06:14 AM
TECH Resident

When will people learn?????? Sure, the Pats may get spanked next week. Thats why they say any given sunday. Sure they got lucky last night. But what it comes down to is, they have found a way, time after time after time. The Pats are like a self healing entity. No matter what happens, they find a way!
Old 01-15-2007, 06:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your "boys" have been sucking canal water for quite some time now, no?? They couldn't even make the post-season show --
Might want to check that one again lol
Old 01-15-2007, 06:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
Might want to check that one again lol
I screwed up again, Scotty and Bravo....they were in the show....and I am a big Bill Parcells fan, BTW. You've got to make the big play when the game's on the line, and the Pats always seem to come up w/that big play....i.e. yesterday's final TD and 2 point conversion to tie things up....Pats have had big problems lately w/Indy, and it finally might be Peyton's yr. to make the big dance. We'll see soon enough. WJ
Old 01-15-2007, 08:20 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Patriots really showed the country they are for real..Very impressive game even when they didnt play their A game...Still the Colts at home can lite u up,its gonna be interesting...
Old 01-15-2007, 08:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by JS
Patriots really showed the country they are for real..Very impressive game even when they didnt play their A game...Still the Colts at home can lite u up,its gonna be interesting...
I agree. Then again, during their recent playoff runs, the Pats have knocked off the number 1 seed in the AFC three (3) times. No one is going to tell me that's all luck...some people around here just won't give credit --even when credit is due. WJ
Old 01-15-2007, 09:25 AM
SSU'S Vice Mod

Got news...Peyton and the Colts are for real. I think EVERYONE has under estimated them this season (especially on defense) and they will depart the Pats.

They haven't been winning pretty in the playoffs, but, neither did the pats yesterday, and you just have to think about which team wants it more, I think that's Indy.

Another ugly one in Indy, Pats 20, Indy 24.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

That game just confirmed that God is a Pat's fan. Horrible game but they still manage to pull it out. Should be a great game next week.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Blacked Out
That game just confirmed that God is a Pat's fan. Horrible game but they still manage to pull it out. Should be a great game next week.
Yeah, right....That's why they've knocked out the #1 seed in the AFC 3 times in their most recent playoff runs. That's why they've got 3 recent world championships. Yeah, God must've made them win......You Steeler fans are almost as burnt out as the Eagles fans. SIGNED, from all the Pat fans still celebrating today! WJ

Last edited by WJ SOM SS; 01-15-2007 at 12:18 PM.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:30 PM
TECH Resident

Here's a good website for any Charger fans out there......

http://fireschottenheimer.com/home/

Hello, My name is Marty

Hello, My name is Marty

Hello, My name is Marty
Old 01-15-2007, 12:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Marty blew the game for chargers on 2 of his calls:

1. He went for it on 4th down on the 30 yard line instead of kicking a field goal

2. He challenged the fumble on the interception (which was clearly a fumble) and cost his team a timeout. This timeout could have been used in the last drive to get one more player for a closer field goal attempt.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by RealQuick
Marty blew the game for chargers on 2 of his calls:

1. He went for it on 4th down on the 30 yard line instead of kicking a field goal

2. He challenged the fumble on the interception (which was clearly a fumble) and cost his team a timeout. This timeout could have been used in the last drive to get one more player for a closer field goal attempt.
In defense of Marty S.....he surely did not see the interception/fumble play from where he stood on the sideline, therefore, I'm sure he asked his assistant up in the overhead booth on his advice as whether or not to challenge the play. He had to basically let the assistant coach make the call for the challenge....The Chargers probably were the better team out there yesterday, but they had more turnovers, and more mental mistakes, and 1 more coaching mistake -- also that 15 yd. personal foul penalty on the SD lineman pretty much put the final nail in their coffin. LT acted like a crybaby for sure -- they got beat in their "house", and when the Pats did a little Shaun Merriman -type celebration dancing, he couldn't take it. Too bad....don't think they wouldn't have done the "lights out" dance in the Pat's faces had SD won. LT called himself "classy" in his post-game interview. Calling yourself classy, is about as "un-classy" as it gets, IMO....I feel bad for the SD coach -- he led them to a 14 win season and a #1 AFC seed. His players played the game, not him, and they just didn't play good enough to win. It was clearly evident that they thought the Pats would roll over for them, but it didn't end that way. #4 seed knocks off #1 seed....who knew? WJ
Old 01-15-2007, 01:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

who knew? WJ
I did. I predicted a 10 point win at my Tailgate party yesterday... should have been more than that if Brady hit Gafney and Watson for TD's (over threw Gafney and under threw a wide open Ben Watson).
Old 01-15-2007, 02:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by RealQuick
I did. I predicted a 10 point win at my Tailgate party yesterday... should have been more than that if Brady hit Gafney and Watson for TD's (over threw Gafney and under threw a wide open Ben Watson).
Well, they only won by 3!
Old 01-15-2007, 02:43 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Well, they only won by 3!
thats just how the PATS roll just enough
Old 01-15-2007, 03:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

the chargers played better when marty had the headset off and was chearleading instead.

Quick Reply: Patriots!!!!!!