Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Erie Pa pd and tint (que the NWA music)

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 08:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Erie Pa pd and tint (que the NWA music)

so i was drivin through erie today (in my grand prix) and i was in a line of traffic and a cruiser going the opposite way turns around in traffic to pull me over for having tinted windows. he comes up to my car and slaps the tint meter on my window and says it 16%. (yeah i know its not legal) but here comes my point. i played stupid and said thats the way i bought the car and i didnt know it was a problem. he said he understood that i didnt know and said i had 5 days to remove it....then he read my license and seen i was an out of towner and said he would give me 10 days to remove it and bring it back to the erie police station for inspection. well he wrote on my insurance card the erie pd address and his name. he never wrote me a warning nor did he give me a ticket. (he told me the fine would be $100 a window = $500 fine) so does anyone think i should even follow through with what the cop told me and remove my tint? or should i let it ride and see if anything happens after 10 days? i know he had to run my plate and thats my worry...that he does have my information and i may get a fine in the mail or a warrant or something. thanks in advance....

jj
Old 04-07-2007, 09:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

So you got lucky and got away with lying to the police?

You got lucky once, don't push it anymore... pull that off or get it retinted legally.

It sucks but it is the law, and you are pushing your luck already.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:48 PM
11 Second Club

your fine will be in the mail within 30days of your 10day period.. from mid march to the 31st was lets get our qutoa up month. 2 of my friends got pulled over twice, the one friend, twice in one 10mile one way trip.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:40 AM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

I ran into the same problem tonight but the cop was actually cool and said im not gonna give u any warnings or anything Im just telling you that your tint is illegal and you should take it off to avoid any traffic violations in the future. He didnt pull me over for tint as the reason so that may be part of why. But in your case I would take it off just because how insane the fine could be.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:13 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I think all you would have to remove is the front two windows, so it would be a $200 fine. Still stupid expensive, but at least you don't have to remove the other three windows. I would remove the front two windows, go down to the police station, have him verify that you removed the tint, then retint them if you really want to.

In the next few weeks, I'm going to have my T/A done, but I'll get 35% just to stay legal plus I don't like it when you can't see the side view mirrors at night because of dark tint.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:10 AM
Teching In

in my last car the cops pulled me over and gave me a written warning. then i had it signed and mailed it in. this guy didnt write anything up at all. you still think i could get a fine in the mail? he warned me and told me i had ten days to remove it...then pulled away. i have nothing in writing to tell me to remove it. i was talking to one of my local cops at the bar last night and he said that if a cop wants something done he has to put it in writing....i mean hes a local city cop and i dont know how much to believe him. what do you think?
Old 04-08-2007, 12:17 PM
11 Second Club

Take the Insurance card, and where he wrote his info- cross it out and then write:

"**** the Police!"

Then sign it-

"G-Unit!"

aiiiiiggggghhhhtttttt..
Old 04-09-2007, 01:26 AM
11 Second Club

is this a state cop? if so he is ruler of all legal asphalt
Old 04-09-2007, 03:22 AM
Teching In

no he was a city boy....
Old 04-09-2007, 03:52 PM
Teching In

sweet i decided today that i am pulling the tint off and after i take it for the cop shop for inspection i am goin to get it retinted. the $ to retint the vehicle is still cheaper than the fine. f*ck the police.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:59 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mr. B
Take the Insurance card, and where he wrote his info- cross it out and then write:

"**** the Police!"

Then sign it-

"G-Unit!"

aiiiiiggggghhhhtttttt..
pretty funny
Old 04-10-2007, 10:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Mr. B

"**** the Police!"

Then sign it-

"G-Unit!"

aiiiiiggggghhhhtttttt..