Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Hampton Roads People. In Here...

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 03:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so the car is running now...doesnt want to idle and has some trouble starting sometimes...

and its overheating, but im going to try and make sure all the air is out of the system later tonight to see if thats the problem...

and the oil pressure is a little lower than usual...the oil level is good (i have about 6.5-7 ats in) but its only at like 25psi hot, and before it was about 35psi hot. im going to change the oil this weekend and see if that helps.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

youre gonna need a new tune sooner or later.... dont know why its overheating and oil pressure is low though....
Old 08-27-2007, 04:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NVR KNO
youre gonna need a new tune sooner or later.... dont know why its overheating and oil pressure is low though....

I called and talked to him....

Sounded like air in the coolant system to me....
Old 08-27-2007, 08:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by NVR KNO
you're gonna need a new tune sooner or later.... dont know why its overheating and oil pressure is low though....
yea, i want to wait and see how long before it will be before i can get an intake. i don't wanna tune it now and then have to go right back for the intake. i can deal with the rough idle.

i don't know what to do about the overheating though...ill try letting it run again tomorrow to get the air out and see what that will do. but im finally going to wire my water temp gauge up first to make sure the stocker is accurate.

if i cant figure it out i don't know what i will do...i wont pull the heads off, thats for sure. ill sell it before i do that again..
Old 08-28-2007, 07:25 AM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

Originally Posted by onecamaro1
do you want me to put up our last one too?

sure, why not LOL... that one was epic
Old 08-28-2007, 07:47 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
yea, i want to wait and see how long before it will be before i can get an intake. i don't wanna tune it now and then have to go right back for the intake. i can deal with the rough idle.

i don't know what to do about the overheating though...ill try letting it run again tomorrow to get the air out and see what that will do. but im finally going to wire my water temp gauge up first to make sure the stocker is accurate.

if i cant figure it out i don't know what i will do...i wont pull the heads off, thats for sure. ill sell it before i do that again..
Do you have coolant coming out of the small hose inlet into the radiator? If so you don't have air trapped in the block. But you can always park it on a slight incline and let it run so the air finds it's way to the radiator.

Buy a cheap kitchen thermometer and put it in the neck of the radiator and scan the engine while it comes up to temp make sure they are both reading close to each other.

Did you forget to plug both fans in or pinch a wire causing a blown fuse?

Do both radiator hoses get hot?
Old 08-29-2007, 07:42 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by onecamaro1
i got the vids up darr and ben.
they are in the video section.

Vids look good! MY CAR IS FRIGGIN SWEET! Hey chauncey, shoot me ur address so i can shoot by today!
Old 08-29-2007, 08:42 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by bshell
The 98 PCMs are physically different than the 99-02 PCMs. The software they run on is different as well and has less ability to cope with major mods.

On your car we aren't changing the computer, only the operating system (the software) that runs it. Think of it like upgrading from Windows 98 to XP.

The main reason for switching over to the 01+ operating systems is to be able to use the main VE table while in speed density. That's why I updated mine. It gives you much better resolution (more cells to fill in = more precise tune) and since I run full time speed density it was an easy choice. The newer operating systems have a couple of AFR and spark modifier tables that will let me give you a more aggressive NA tune and will automatically compensate for the nitrous when you run it.
Hey Brian, I will give you a PM soon about some things dealing with this issue.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:44 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by I1ULUZ
Do you have coolant coming out of the small hose inlet into the radiator? If so you don't have air trapped in the block. But you can always park it on a slight incline and let it run so the air finds it's way to the radiator.

Buy a cheap kitchen thermometer and put it in the neck of the radiator and scan the engine while it comes up to temp make sure they are both reading close to each other.

Did you forget to plug both fans in or pinch a wire causing a blown fuse?

Do both radiator hoses get hot?

Are you back intown yet????
Old 08-29-2007, 10:35 AM
12 Second Club

Mike smokes pole
Old 08-29-2007, 10:51 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by KONG
Are you back intown yet????
Why yes I am Got back Sunday evening, nothing like stop and go driving from DC down to here on a Sunday to make you want to Up in MI, OH and PA, they didn't seem to get dumber than a box of rocks once they got behind the wheel. Hit DC I swear everyone took a stupid pill before they got in their cars/trucks. Then it was raining coming down 64, stop and go all the way, really if you can't control your car then pull off the road or buy better tires, if you can't see, buy new wiper blades, scared of water, well stay home.

I think it's funny that people want to drive to DC to hangout, rather go to the dentist that has run out of pain meds than drive up there ANYTIME.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:00 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by gyrene2003
Mike smokes pole
Mike only races Polish guys? I have to say I've seen him race a non Polish guy once. OH WAIT, are you saying he's
Old 08-29-2007, 11:37 AM
12 Second Club

Mike smokes pole
Just for that, you have earned a race with the Integra!!! Oh yeah buddy, its going to be a lot of this and this and then you'll be like this and I'll be like this ..........queer.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:39 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by I1ULUZ
Why yes I am Got back Sunday evening, nothing like stop and go driving from DC down to here on a Sunday to make you want to Up in MI, OH and PA, they didn't seem to get dumber than a box of rocks once they got behind the wheel. Hit DC I swear everyone took a stupid pill before they got in their cars/trucks. Then it was raining coming down 64, stop and go all the way, really if you can't control your car then pull off the road or buy better tires, if you can't see, buy new wiper blades, scared of water, well stay home.

I think it's funny that people want to drive to DC to hangout, rather go to the dentist that has run out of pain meds than drive up there ANYTIME.

I totally understand, all roads in and around DC should be nuked.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:03 PM
12 Second Club

Just for that, you have earned a race with the Integra!!! Oh yeah buddy, its going to be a lot of this and this and then you'll be like this and I'll be like this ..........queer.
Wow mike, u use alot of smileys. Just like what a would do! Bring that gay *** integra, cause u know what they say "racing an import is like competing in the special olympics, even if u win, your still retarded!"
Old 08-29-2007, 12:12 PM
12 Second Club

cause u know what they say "racing an import is like competing in the special olympics, even if u win, your still retarded!"

That comes from people that got beat down by an import. You wouldn't be one of those people would you ?
Old 08-29-2007, 12:19 PM
12 Second Club

That comes from people that got beat down by an import. You wouldn't be one of those people would you ?
Are u crazy, i can never lose to an IMPORT, especially since i drive an LS1 car! Didnt u know, the LS1 is touched by the hand of GOD!!
Old 08-29-2007, 12:19 PM
12 Second Club

Mike, i just changed my avatar for u!
Old 08-29-2007, 12:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

it just got real homo in here real quick.... i still want a run against the INTEGRA!!!!
Old 08-29-2007, 01:01 PM
12 Second Club

Im game!

Quick Reply: Hampton Roads People. In Here...