Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Hampton Roads People. In Here...

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 08:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
Chris im on Duty today and will be until 10am tomorrow and then i still have to stay here to drive some ammo in the morning so it wont be till about noon till im done...
Then im headed over to VA Speed to do some welding.
Going to try and get my chute cable ran, and start on the bracket for my chute mount.
Then prob head home around 4pm and go to Bass Pro.
It will be my 1st one in 6 weeks LOL
The usually i have to clean house on Sunday and mow the Yard.
Ill see if i can come over and help ya. Maybe for a lil bit in the morning.

Be out at bass Pro and ill talk with ya about it....
Once the heads are on it shouldnt take more then an Hr and a half to get all of the other stuff on.

Your using the correct TQ sequence on the heads right??

Kyle
I was only messing around with you sean... but in reality, i havent seen anyone helping me move, work with the car or anything since ive been back...before i left, it was a different story...

kyle... i have duty tomorrow, so i wont be at BPS. and its no fun without my car anyway

id like the help, mainly because ive never done this before and i want to make sure i dont mess it up. all i need to get is a 1/2'' to 3/8'' drive socket adapter or just get a 1/2'' drive 10mm socket (i believe thats the size for the top most head bolts) for the tq wrench and ill be set. i have the directions for the tq sequence so i should be good on that

i want to start as early as i can to make sure its done.. ive been driving the honda to work, and im sick of going so slow. and plus, im using about the same amount of gas in the honda since i do avg 75mph to work, and the honda is at like 2600rpms and in my car im at like 1600

Last edited by 99FormulaM6; 08-25-2007 at 06:57 AM.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i was never mad, still arent, just stating the facts where you said.... what are you good for???

but in reality, its not like you have been out to hang out with us that much since youve gotten back either, a couple times yes, but.... before you left, yes it was a different story....

i would still think you would get better gas mileage in the honda even at those rpms though. im reving about 3300rpms in the neon at 75mph and still get mid 30s.... and around 65mph im getting 39mpg!!!! although i guess at 1600rpms in the formula you should be getting atleast high 20's....
Old 08-25-2007, 07:46 AM
TECH Junkie

well, its hard to come out when the car has only bee drivable for like 2 weeks total since ive been back... plus, its not that i didnt want to hang out, but i was gone for 6 months and i cant just tell the wife were going to go sit around in a parking lot for 3 hours tonight instead of spending some alone time
and i know ive called you a couple times and asked you to hang out, or goto a movie, work on the car, and i asked you a few weeks ago about helping on Sept 22nd (which you never let me know about BTW...)

I get like over 200 miles to a tank in the Formy...and i use about 1/8 of a tank to drive to work in the honda....which is about what i use in the Formy... i need too set the trip odo. and see how many miles im getting.. but i need to do some little maint things to the honda to get it running better..and fix the ac

either way, i just want the car running. i dont even really want to keep it anymore, and it sitting outside makes me want to get it gone even more...but wifey wont let me
Old 08-25-2007, 10:54 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gotrice?
Hi, im new here and haven't got a chance to meet you guys yet. But i can come out and play on the 8th. stock 01 WS6

I just gotta go get a flag to put up.
Hey man, havent been on in a couple of days, but if u really want to roll with me and ben than read my post wherei quoted from the other site what exactly is going to happen on the 8th. not sure if ill get to bass pro today because my mother in law is in town, but shoot me a pm if ur really interested and we will talk somemore.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Heading to BPS now... see ya there.....................
Old 08-25-2007, 10:41 PM
Teching In

Hey,

I came out tonight... met up with a few of you. Took me a while to find ya though but now i know what you look like :O. Anyway thanks for all the advice and im gonna start modding here this week. Starting with lid moving to long tubes and exhaust... as for the guys at VA speed... see you soon
Old 08-25-2007, 11:30 PM
On The Tree

I'm probably going to get banned from the site for saying this, but here i go.
For all the police watching this site and have an "above the law" attitude, screw you Mothe$ Fuc*&^s! my address is 4012 queenswood drive portsmouth virginia 23703, and i wish one of you would show up to my house wanting to do something about what i just said. Now for all the police that actually spend time to explain to people whats going on and why what they did was wrong, i have no beef with you guys, keep doing your job. I am talking about the ones that are A-Holes and are tired of dealing with dumb people. Its your job to deal with dumb ppl so don't ever forget that! if nothing was going wrong, you would not have a job.
Now for why i am upset.
I was one of the bands in Hampton competing in battle of the bands tonight and was haivng a great time until, "i'm not going to downplay this"...........rewind........ i had my wife and 2 kids there with me ,6 year old and 6 months month old. I had a aluminum beer bottle in my hand that was empty and i let my 6 month touch it because you know how kids grab at stuff, so i was just kidding with my wife, then a cop asked me to come walk with him and told me that it was child neglect and he was going to take me to jail the next time i let him touch it again. So i told him do what you gotta do. i'm at home now, so he did nothing, but i guess if i ever let my kid take out the trash with beer in it i'm going to end up on death row........................taking out the trash is in the public so i guess that is contributing to a minor..............free will is gone because of other peoples "opinions". my address is in the front and anybody that has a problem with me can come see me in person..............better bring more than your mouth. sorry my real friends, you have my real number. don't joke around the cops, everything is serious these days. and you wonder why nobody trusts them, probably small guy syndrome in high school.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

on that note im a cop and i will tell you straight up that guy wasnt a complete dick. me personally i would ask if the bottle was empty first, if it was then hey do what you do let the kid play. now if it was full take normals in consideration that kids will touch and play with everything, so for the whole situation i would say that cop wasnt a complete *******. some cops are just ********* and dont know how to approach people it sucks but they are out there. the last one that talked some **** to me while i was off duty got pushed real ******* hard and i almost got into a fist fight with this dude cause i dont play, he knew he was wrong and let me ride (im not saying get lippy with all cops bad juju it is jail time). Warnings are the greatest weapons police have (in certain incidents) I could see his reaction only if he gave you a warning and the same thing occurred. granted he did give you a warning so take it in stride man he was letting you know what could happen. Now if he did this in front of the family and not pulled you aside or hooked you right there and then yeah complete *******. my $.02. bro.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:15 AM
On The Tree

thx for the insight
Old 08-26-2007, 01:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by onecamaro1
thx for the insight
no prob man cops will be cops, everyone has their run ins with em man its all good
Old 08-26-2007, 11:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Alright..... its sunday.... cleaning the house sucks..... and its to damn hot to mow the lawn LOL
Old 08-26-2007, 03:58 PM
TECH Junkie

got the heads on and torqued. all we gotta do is headers, spark plugs/coils and lid we were working in the pouring down rain, but had to stop bc it was raining too hard. ill finish tomorrow after work..should take about 30 mins.
Old 08-26-2007, 05:28 PM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

Originally Posted by gyrene2003
well, ill put this out thier for ben, he test drove an 02 Z28 M6 with 70,000 miles on it. Damn thing is bone stock, i didnt know thier were ls1 fbods still out thier bone stock! Oh and he said it was silver, so u know it must be badass!!!!

Yeah, I'm partial to that color myself...

the car is BONE STOCK, down to the snowflakes. I drove it and it feels completely solid, interior is clean with nothing wrong with any of the seats even... I know how the side bolsters like to wear. Its been hit in the rear before and was fixed I'd say 95%, there's a paint run on the spoiler I saw, I just gave it a quick walk around and trip up the street and back, so I still dont know EVERYTHING mechanically about it. but I'll find out if I decide to pull the trigger and get it. I'll most likely be keeping the truck too, so some of the mods will be coming out/off of it and going on the car, including the cam... The only thing really stopping me right now is his asking price, he wants 10K for it... which I think is kind of high. the car isnt immaculate, and its not rare... Its just a normally optioned Z28, M6 T top car... nothing like the stripped down hardtop A4 that I want...

The sad thing is, If I got it, I'd have a truck thats faster than my sports car LOL.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
got the heads on and torqued. all we gotta do is headers, spark plugs/coils and lid we were working in the pouring down rain, but had to stop bc it was raining too hard. ill finish tomorrow after work..should take about 30 mins.

Sweet
Old 08-26-2007, 07:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by KONG
I can't talk **** to Jason cause his car is as fast as mine
And since I put the 99 computer in mine, now it idles better.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:20 PM
TECH Regular

hey any of you fellas have efilive and care to hook me up so i can see what my pcm/e-fans are doing? I recon its worth a case of beer
Old 08-26-2007, 10:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just moved out here to Hampton, I need some help finding a car. Any tips? I need something soon, thanks in advance.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

watch the for sale section in the sales department of this website. theres plenty to choose from in every price range. Are you looking for anything specific?
Old 08-26-2007, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Has to be auto. Preferably ls1 or chevy truck, maybe Impala ss
Old 08-27-2007, 07:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gotrice?
Hey,

I came out tonight... met up with a few of you. Took me a while to find ya though but now i know what you look like :O. Anyway thanks for all the advice and im gonna start modding here this week. Starting with lid moving to long tubes and exhaust... as for the guys at VA speed... see you soon
glad you came out.... pretty good turnout this weekend. had some fun when we left with a group of mustangs.... lets just say, it would have been alot worse for all of them if i actually had the bottle hooked up!!

Quick Reply: Hampton Roads People. In Here...