Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Hampton Roads People. In Here...

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 10:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Missed Bass Pro but had an awsome time at the Baby shower. I really did have fun. Thanks to everyone who came.

Kyle
Old 08-11-2007, 11:53 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by promod1955
man the weather was perfect tonight for bass pro! the place was crowed like crazy too.

KONG.. what car was yours?
The black TA sitting behind the Blue C6 parked next to the Monterey Red C6, parked behind RJ's Turbo C4 which was parked next to his car. Parked at the end of the isle.

Did you ever find a copy of GM High Tech? Wal-Mart sells them.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
Missed Bass Pro but had an awsome time at the Baby shower. I really did have fun. Thanks to everyone who came.

Kyle
sorry we couldnt come...you know how it is (or i hope you understand..) i hope you liked the cowboy stuff though
Old 08-11-2007, 11:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Gotcha. My girlfriend was looking at the hood on that car. Might be picking up a t/a soon for her.

yea they had some @ the barnes and noble on greenbrier. Thanks though!
Old 08-12-2007, 11:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
sorry we couldnt come...you know how it is (or i hope you understand..) i hope you liked the cowboy stuff though

Yeah we understood man. Thanks for the gifts.
Ash really liked them.

Kyle
Old 08-12-2007, 06:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Whens the next meet? I just PCS'd here about 2 weeks ago. Im in Hampton.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by HFLDtA
Whens the next meet? I just PCS'd here about 2 weeks ago. Im in Hampton.

We try and meet up at Bass Pro every weekend. Most show up on Sat between 4-6pm and stay till when ever..... most go and eat and then come back. till about midnight.

Kyle
Old 08-12-2007, 06:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i showed up......... late. about 1130 or so. no one was there except for a few mustang buddies. a bunch of the import guys were at walmart though.... rolled through there for alil. had a blast at the baby shower too. i shoulda won the damn diaper contest!!!!!!!!!!!!!! damn you lee!!!!!
Old 08-12-2007, 07:08 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by NVR KNO
i showed up......... late. about 1130 or so. no one was there except for a few mustang buddies. a bunch of the import guys were at walmart though.... rolled through there for alil. had a blast at the baby shower too. i shoulda won the damn diaper contest!!!!!!!!!!!!!! damn you lee!!!!!

I seen you guys pull up last night, the car is clean, and quiet.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:07 PM
TECH Junkie

i was there in the Roosh haha, Lee cleans that car so much, i was sliding around on the seats bc theyre so slippery.

I called James just now, and he is going to give me his heads, and were doing head swap this Sunday...so if i drop those heads off at Va Speed to get milled, hopefully my car will be up by the following weekend with a lil higher compression and some extra HP
Old 08-12-2007, 08:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sweet!!! glad to hear about getting the other heads.... sucks it happened the way it did though.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:30 PM
TECH Junkie

yea, it does ******* blow *** that the heads didnt want to hold my header bolts anymore even though noone has touched my headers in 3 years...pretty Fin gay if you ask me. I think I might pick up a stud kit for these heads though. that way i wont have to worry if i should decide to take off the headers or something in the future
Old 08-12-2007, 09:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
i was there in the Roosh haha, Lee cleans that car so much, i was sliding around on the seats bc theyre so slippery.

I called James just now, and he is going to give me his heads, and were doing head swap this Sunday...so if i drop those heads off at Va Speed to get milled, hopefully my car will be up by the following weekend with a lil higher compression and some extra HP

Just make sure ya dont mill them to much that ya have to get shorter pushrods....... check in the internal section to be 100% sure how much ya can mill them.

Kyle
Old 08-13-2007, 07:00 AM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

Hey guys.... I've been "gone" for a week.... just stopping by to say hey again. See you fellas around next weekend at BPS more than likely...
Old 08-13-2007, 07:02 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
Just make sure ya dont mill them to much that ya have to get shorter pushrods....... check in the internal section to be 100% sure how much ya can mill them.

Kyle
Honestly, I wouldn't do that. A thinner headgasket is more than enough to improve quench and raise compression a bit. Milling heads causes you to make adjustments in other places which causes you to spend more money. make sure you do your research. Also, what cam are you running?? If it is a decent size cam then you might have PTV clearance to worry about and then headgasket selection becomes critical. Also if you mill to far there could be some valve shrouding issues. What head castings are you do the swap with?? Just curious and trying to help.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:03 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
Hey guys.... I've been "gone" for a week.... just stopping by to say hey again. See you fellas around next weekend at BPS more than likely...
Nice, see ya then
Old 08-13-2007, 07:35 AM
Teching In

I went to BPS this weekend but didn't stay long... My son kept trying to touch all the cars. I didn't want to leave 4 year old prints on all the cars so we left early.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:04 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by KONG
Honestly, I wouldn't do that. A thinner headgasket is more than enough to improve quench and raise compression a bit. Milling heads causes you to make adjustments in other places which causes you to spend more money. make sure you do your research. Also, what cam are you running?? If it is a decent size cam then you might have PTV clearance to worry about and then headgasket selection becomes critical. Also if you mill to far there could be some valve shrouding issues. What head castings are you do the swap with?? Just curious and trying to help.
+1

Also if you stud the headers, make sure you have enough room to get them on/off with the studs in the heads otherwise you did not gain anything, you'll have to remove the studs to remove the headers anyway. If you are running a stock K member I doubt if you have enough room to use them correctly.

While you are in there maybe toss in a new set of lifters too.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:11 AM
Custm2500's #1 Fan

Originally Posted by KONG
Nice, see ya then

Yeah man, had TAPS class last week, and I didnt really feel like leaving the house this weekend so I didnt come out. I will next week though if the weather holds. You gotta a PM too Mike.

Last edited by silver-mod-o; 08-13-2007 at 08:16 AM.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by I1ULUZ
+1

Also if you stud the headers, make sure you have enough room to get them on/off with the studs in the heads otherwise you did not gain anything, you'll have to remove the studs to remove the headers anyway. If you are running a stock K member I doubt if you have enough room to use them correctly.

While you are in there maybe toss in a new set of lifters too.
had no problem using header studs this weekend with the stock k-member headers went straight in no snags or exhaust leaks whatsoever. I would suggest ARP header studs to neone doing header swaps so much easier to hang the gasket and the headers with the studs.

Quick Reply: Hampton Roads People. In Here...